Author Topic: K-Mart Vintage Collection B-Wing  (Read 21243 times)

Offline ysalamir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection B-Wing
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 11:52 PM »
It'll probably have the updated cockpit, but most likely, like most vehicles these days will not have the weathering the POTJ version has.

Even though I have the POTJ B-Wing, this might be worth getting.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 12:56 AM »
I'm looking forward to skipping this vehicle like the previous two releases.  ;)

I'm glad they show love for the more obscure vehicles. Just not a space fighter collector per se (though, thanks to garage sales, I've got a wing of old style X-Wings...mostly incomplete). My Farlander and Ten Numb figures will just have to sit around and play cards.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 02:13 PM »
  My vintage one looks like garbage now.  Even though I have a sentimental pull with it since it's mine from childhood it looks like hell.  I should get rid of it.  I let my 6 year old play with the POTJ one and then the 18 month decided to play with it as well.  So, now that one looks like it's been destroyed by the Empire.  Who knows where the heck the canopy went to?  Probably in the backyard.  There is some sort of sticky stuff on and in it to.  I am assuming a juice box or God knows what?   At any rate it would be nice to throw a nice new one somewhere.  However, I just don't know?  The temptation is there.  For some damn reason the vintage packaging makes me want to get it to.  I think it's a nice score for K-Mart. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart Vintage Collection B-Wing
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 04:51 PM »
Found mine today.  It was in the overstock, so look up.  $39.99.

...last weekend I saw shelf tags for it at the very bottom of the shelves, so I guess look down too.

It's a nice piece-- fully-assembled, no labels.  Lots of paint aps, great canopy, wonderful deco throughout but it's a little bland under the wings.  I love the paint job on the engines, there's some blue on the cylinders which rotate the wings.   I haven't popped in the rocket-firing guns yet to try those out.  Also, the canopy actually latches shut which my 1984 B-Wing does not. (I have but have not opened yet my 2001 and 2008 B-Wings for some reason.)

It's really good.  I think I paid $30 for my MISB one (which I opened, of course) back in 1989, so seeing this for $40 is something of a bizarre head trip.  Nice box, nice design, nice deco, good deal.  Can't wait for the Y-Wing now!
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 07:04 PM »

after looking at sandtroopers´review it seems that the tvc version have improved the paintjob (in some stripes, turbines, wings) only it appears like the interior of the cockpit has less details coloured than the tlc Dagger Squadron release.

The details are pretty decent, there wasn´t time for a bigger scale yet, but decoration on this sheep is evolving.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 10:08 AM »

after looking at sandtroopers´review it seems that the tvc version have improved the paintjob (in some stripes, turbines, wings) only it appears like the interior of the cockpit has less details coloured than the tlc Dagger Squadron release.

The details are pretty decent, there wasn´t time for a bigger scale yet, but decoration on this sheep is evolving.

I picked up two of these yesterday. I actually have to respectfully disagree on the deco. The POTJ one is way superior because of the body wash.  The new b-wing is nice and they did add new paint details but the body wash that is missing really stands out when you compare them side by side. it's still worth getting. I will take side by side pics and post tonight for my peeps here on JD.

FYI - I upgraded my old POTJ B-Wing by dismantling the Daggr Squadren version. I took the new cockpit, front exhaust and the rear thrusters (with painted flames that the new B-Wing does not have) and swapped them with my old one. It looks awesome! i never shown it off.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 07:57 PM »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 8, 2011, 05:33 PM »
anyone have the numbers on this set?  Tried to find it at retail today no luck - and the employee in the toy area wasn't about to go about digging in the back for it.

update:  here are the numbers

653569655190 (listed as SW Vintage B-Wing)
« Last Edit: August 9, 2011, 08:31 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Hi newbie here!

Anybody in NYC know where I can purchase one?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #24 on: September 3, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Hey man, good to see a fellow NYer on here.

As far as I know, the only K-Marts in NYC is the one on 8th St and also the one by Penn Station. I don't think the K-Mart by Penn carries toys, so your best bet is the one on 8th Street. Having said that, I haven't found (or looked for) it yet.

Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 3, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the response. I've actually checked both stores and neither one of them have it. The one at Penn station does carry toys but it is a very limited selection. I guess the search is still on. Thanks again!!!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 3, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Thanks for the response. I've actually checked both stores and neither one of them have it. The one at Penn station does carry toys but it is a very limited selection. I guess the search is still on. Thanks again!!!!

I used to work right near the Garden, and I went into the Penn Station K-Mart a couple of times.  There was a toy section at that time (some 10 yrs ago), but the pickings were pretty slim then.  It may be worth going if you're in the neighborhood.  Otherwise, you might have better luck in North Jersey, as there are a number of K-Marts there which are quite close to the city.

As for the store downtown?  I don't know how good your chances are going to be there.  There are at least two comic shops that are about a 2 minute walk from the 8th street store that are widely rumored to supplement their own stock with purchases from places like TRU and K-Mart.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2011, 05:32 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 3, 2011, 06:07 PM »
I know of the two stores that you speak. One of them is st. Marks comics. Sometimes they have new stuff but right now it's mostly old legacy stuff as well as stuff their trying to get rid of. They also mark up their items twice as much as the regular price. If you need an item to complete or replace in your collection then I would suggest them. I'm trying to find the B-Wing for at least $40 like I did the Y-Wing. The problem is the kmarts in NYC suck. They don't even have it fir sale on their website. Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 3, 2011, 06:22 PM »
That's the problem, isn't it?  I don't know if you're in Manhattan or the outer boroughs, but if you can get access to a car there are at least half a dozen K-Marts that are are within 15 - 20 minutes of the GW Bridge in North Jersey.  This is where Zipcar can be your friend!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 3, 2011, 06:29 PM »
I hear what your saying about zipcar!

Yeah I live in manhattan. It sucks being a collector who doesn't drive. I guess I'm going have start learning how to and get on the open road. Jersey does sound like my best bet. Thanks