Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 80525 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #585 on: August 20, 2008, 11:26 AM »
EE had the Han & Chewbacca maquettes on sale for $43.56 each the other week.

I saw that and went back and forth on ordering them... $100 for the pair shipped is a great deal, but I just couldn't pull the trigger after spending so much on other things the last 6 weeks.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #586 on: August 20, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Looks like the trend is to almost never buy any GG stuff at retail or even 25% off as it all goes down.. (regular releases of course)

That's my plan.  Seems like my favorite retailer for pre-ordering caught on too.  Talesofwonder.com is no longer bringing in the newer maquettes and they were usually selling them in the $65-70 range. 

About the only thing I'll pay full price on these days from GG is the exclusive or con stuff. 

I'm really trying to decide if I want to carry on with these maquettes or not.  I'm behind by Chewie/Han/Emperor and haven't pre-ordered Obi either.  I like the Boba/Han carb version, but that would give me 4 Boba maquettes and I'm not that big of a fan.

Glad to see I am not alone.

I only kept the C4 boba so getting this boba is ok, and a must.. I love the piece.

I am only doing OT pieces (and Maul) so I am ok. Have all to date (though I sold off my regular Boba).

We need to keep an eye out and give each other the heads up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Gentle Giant is having a labour day sale on a number of items, including the Chewie animated maquette for $40.  Also some mini-busts, statues, classics busts and other stuff at 50% off the MSRP.  Couldn't resist the Chewie at that price, so now I'll have to track down a Han and it probably locks me in for the Emperor and Obi thanks to my astounding willpower.   ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2008, 12:44 AM »
Nice price on the Chewy, EE has the Han maquette instock but unfortunately it's back at $79.99. Sale over man...  :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Thanks for posting the info about the GG sale.  I couldn't resist ordering the Chewie maquette at $40 as well.  I have the Han coming from EE any day now, and always wanted to pick up these two.  Actually, I really wanted to collect this line in general (the OT ones) and some of those other ones available at GG are awfully tempting at $40.  Its a nice time to catch up on some for some good prices, but spending has been a little crazy the past month and a half, so I should probably hold off.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 19, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Yesterday, I received the Chewie (153/3000) and Luke (1686/4500) maquettes from GG that I ordered during that sale a little while back - and I have to say, I really like this line.  I'm hoping I can continue to pick more up here and there (I've been watching ebay for good deals), and continue to grab these.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to get complete with these or not, but I'm hoping to get as many as I can.  So far, I've paid $40 for each one, so I guess I can't complain too much.  A real neat line though, and I'm glad I was able to pick a few of these up.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 12, 2008, 11:58 AM »
WOO HOO!!!! I just got my first maquette, Threepio & Jawa (3789/4500) for my birthday! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 12, 2008, 07:17 PM »
WOO HOO!!!! I just got my first maquette, Threepio & Jawa (3789/4500) for my birthday! ;D

Birthdays rock.  8)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:17 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 12, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Indeed. 8)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 10:49 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 30, 2008, 09:09 AM »
The Forbidden Planet exclusive of the Coruscant Guard maquette is up for 64.99 GBP so about $107. US plus shipping. Please note that shipping will be high coming from the UK.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 31, 2008, 08:13 PM »
E-mail from GG:

In our efforts to make these exclusives accessible to our collectors unable to travel to London; we will be offering a limited number of these exclusives to our Premier Guild Members. The Galactic Marine will be available to order on November 21st, 2008 and the Coruscant Guard will be offered sometime in December 2008.

Ordering details will be emailed to you closer to the availability date. Items will be limited to one per PG member.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Some pretty substantial savings on these at GG's website. 

3PO/Jawa for $18
Luke pilot $18
b/w Luke pilot $40
Han $40

I bought the Luke pilot in the color version since I only had the b/w version (at full price  ::)) and the Han to round out the collection.  I guess I'm down the Obi and Emperor, but that should be it for those.  Crazy sales.

had to fix the b/w Luke price, it's $40, not $18.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:38 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Those prices are ******* sick.   :o

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 23, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Old Ben was waiting for me at home today.
Man they got this one right, paint and sculpt were awesome!!

The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 23, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Very nice Hemish, Ben looks really sharp.  :)

I still have not preordered any of the new maquettes, heck I didn't even bother with the Emperor yet. Not sure if I'll take on the task of the new ones, maybe Ahsoka.  :-\

I'm still waiting for the announcement on that Fett with the Han carb block, a must have.  8)