Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181892 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2014, 02:20 AM »
I'm kind of in the same boat...  My buddy from here on the site (and here locally) goes all the time, and so he's my droid drug mule of sorts.  I think a 2-pack any time he's there is so cheap, why not just build another?

One of my new favs in my collection is a white R4 dome, blue body, white legs...  The contrasting colors are awesome.

Also I have an all solid blue R2 now, and man, it's a great way to get the R2-D2 dome without having any white there.  Very distinctly different from R2-D2...  I'm wondering though, a white bodied R2 with solid blue legs may look pretty awesome too.

The color contrasts really can make for some great background droids though.  Droid Factory at WDW is really the 2nd coolest thing they've done...  The Starspeeder 1000 is still first in my world and I'd buy a repaint (Yellow, please!) of that beast in a heartbeat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 9, 2014, 10:56 AM »
Finally made my own visit to Disneyland and got to pick up 6 more of these, no pun intended, bad boys. My end game is to have every piece at some point. Closing in as I'm only lacking the yellow legs, both yellow bodies and one R7 body and then a bunch of the domes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 3, 2014, 04:40 PM »
California - Build a Droid at Disneyland is inside the park at Star Traders only.

Florida - Build a Droid at WDW is outside the park at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney.
              It is also inside Disney Hollywood Studios park in Tatooine Traders.

Is this still true in California?  I'm heading to Anaheim in August and was hoping to make a run to pick up some droids, but not if I've got to cough up $100 just to get in to the park.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 8, 2014, 11:14 AM »
unfortunately, it is. Otherwise I would have gotten them all a long time ago.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Took the kids to Disneyland and added six more build a droids to my collection. By my counting, looks like just nine more and I'll have every piece.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2014, 07:26 PM »
I think I have every piece at this point...  I'm not real anal about it, but it's kind of neat to know.  It wasn't that expensive IMO, for what you get...  Figure a basic figure is $10, and if you have a friend going often it works out ok...  Shipping would hurt but my local buddy was my drug mule on these, and he brought me back a ton of droids ultimately.

The two packs were less than $10-per, so for all that droid fodder, I was pretty happy.  I even have some duplicate parts because I wanted something like a solid blue R2 or something like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Disneyland Build-a-Droid on sale
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2015, 11:15 AM »
Disneyland has the Build-a-Droid sets on sale. You can now build a droid for $9.99 or build three droids for $19.99. Basically build 2 get 1 free.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2015, 05:49 PM »
That's a nice little deal for droid diversity.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Any idea if this is a short term thing or the new forward price?  I'm not going until June...  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 28, 2015, 05:34 PM »
It looks pretty long term. Disney doesn't do sales in the parks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: January 28, 2015, 07:03 PM »
IIRC weren't the Disney BAD's said to be done?  Perhaps they're looking at eliminating the exclusive?  Probably not I suppose, but never know.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2015, 09:37 AM »
I don't know. There is always a crowd around the table as well as the build your own lightsaber table. Its always well stocked with parts in fact I think there are a few new heads in the pile but I'm probably wrong. I don't know how many actually get sold but people sure like building the little guys and making a mess.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2015, 04:06 PM »
That's what I hear from WDW too.  And they spent the $ on the display and stuff, so it's possible.  From the sounds of it though the BADs are at the very least done as they currently stand...  they may just replenish parts routinely?

As far as I'm aware they've not made any of the new heads though.  Nobody's reported it anywhere anyway.  I was hoping they'd get some new deco parts in, and was highly disappointed when the word trickled out that they were done with it.  I would think phasing it out completely would be a bad idea though, as well.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2015, 07:10 AM »
It looks pretty long term. Disney doesn't do sales in the parks.

Do you mean this is only at the Downtown store vs. the store in the park?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2015, 12:07 PM »
It's only in park at the Star Trader. Also Disney just raised the price this week to one for $12.95. 3 for $19.95.