Author Topic: K-Mart Vintage Ewok/AT-ST Driver 2-Packs  (Read 43888 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Vintage Ewok/AT-ST Driver 2-Packs
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 05:14 PM »
These look good, but for god's sake, why didn't they make 1 ewok, 1 driver in each set?  That way, a parent might actually buy the toy.  Two of the same At-ST drivers in one box?  That's just foolish.  Again, I hang my head and wander what the hell Hasbro is thinking.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 05:48 PM »
These look good, but for god's sake, why didn't they make 1 ewok, 1 driver in each set?  That way, a parent might actually buy the toy.  Two of the same At-ST drivers in one box?  That's just foolish.  Again, I hang my head and wander what the hell Hasbro is thinking.

I heard these sets will be $20 each and the AT-ST figures will each have unique headsculpt with pseudo Marquand and Watts likenesses.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Cool on the price, but I'd say the likenesses are very pseudo.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 08:25 AM »
Something about this set just screams for me to buy it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 01:04 PM »
Curious why they didn't include one Driver and one Ewok with each set.  I guess you can army build whichever you want this way, but The Ewok set will feel more expensive with the smaller figures.  I'm surprised they didn't do one of each to entice more even purchasing of the two and get people to potentially buy more.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Curious why they didn't include one Driver and one Ewok with each set.  I guess you can army build whichever you want this way, but The Ewok set will feel more expensive with the smaller figures.  I'm surprised they didn't do one of each to entice more even purchasing of the two and get people to potentially buy more.

Kinda feel that way too - maybe they felt that people wouldn't distinguish the AT-ST drivers apart by doing that, but who knows.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 01:57 PM »
I don't mind both Ewoks being in the same pack, since it will let me army build the AT-ST guys without getting stuck with extra named teddy bears. I'll probably always view the Ewoks as overpriced when priced the same as normal figures, but at least Hasbro has given the newer ones almost as much articulation (and just as much detail and accessories, if not more) as the standard figures. For all we know, this two-pack might have extra hoods and accessories to make up for the price difference, but if not I still won't complain.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 02:36 PM »
Don't get me wrong - I think this is the best option for the consumer.  I'd rather have them this way as well.  I just think it is a miss on Hasbro's part in getting people to buy more product.  I keep forgetting that they have all the money they want and could care less about driving any additional retail sales.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 03:15 PM »
Oh, these are awesome! I needed this little push to get back into it.

The TPM figures stinking up the pegs have been getting me down.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44 PM »
The more I look at these, the more I love them...  I think it's maybe possible Hasbro did the 2-pers rather than splitting the characters up so that fans didn't get mad about it saying they have to army build ewoks they don't want to get multiple AT-ST Pilots maybe?  Who knows.  I like them this way myself...  I'd have been fine with them 1 of each too.  I just think the sets seem neat and am happy to get them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 09:47 AM »
The more I look at these, the more I think Wunka is the LFL sanctioned name for "Wompus".  The color fur, the color hood, the "rock on stick" weapon - they all match up pretty well. 

Wompus:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:47 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Ding...I thought the same thing when that image popped up...congrats on finally getting Wompus made.  Too bad they didn't call him that. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart Vintage Ewok/AT-ST Driver 2-Packs
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Kinda bummed these are coming to K-Mart, since we don't have one nearby at all.  They look really nice, but I'll be hoping for some help on these guys.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 05:06 PM »
I remember when I was collecting modern in the early days how frustrating the Target exclusives were...  Now it's the same thing in reverse where I'm stoked but I know KM isn't everywhere and that blows for other people.

The good news is usually KM exclusives aren't hard to obtain.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Kinda bummed these are coming to K-Mart, since we don't have one nearby at all.  They look really nice, but I'll be hoping for some help on these guys.

I'm sure I can help you out with them. I'm sorta glad these sets will hit KMart, since they have been very consistent on exclusives over the last couple of years. Both K-Marts in my area were well-stocked with Jodo Kasts, Captain Locks, and B-Wings, so I'm hoping the trend continues with these sets and the AT-ST.