Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 48461 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2013, 01:02 AM »

Hasbro keeps saying these two lines are not for me. If that's the case, I don't know how to explain why I would have gladly scooped up multiples of the Exploding Battledroid (both tan and red versions) and the Jet Pack Clonetrooper had they been available at retail....

+1

Or better yet, why collectors are so willing to buy overseas cases for $200.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2013, 09:15 AM »
Yep, I am curious what kind of numbers this wave will be produced in, because I suspect despite the lackluster character selection, this will end up being one of their best selling Clone Wars waves ever.

I wish they could have just continued selling these figures outside of the US, I don't mind paying a premium, they are just leaving piles of money on the table.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2013, 01:59 PM »
Clone Wars figures are on sale for $5.49 each until March 18 at TRU.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 04:58 PM »
kills knowing we'll probably never see that gattling gun that Rex comes with ever again in a non-action feature form,  thats main reason for me wanting this newer version over the less articulated one that we recently got.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 12:25 AM »
So have we been able to get a firm "Yes" or "No" regarding this wave ever making it to the US?

I'm willing to order from Toy Palace, but I'm waiting to see how my 2012 Movie Heroes come before I pull the trigger on another $200 figure case....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:26 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 08:50 AM »
I think a lot of sites (not this one) dropped the ball by not getting a firm answer to that question at Toy Fair. Since there are no more Q&A's and the next con is months, any sort of confirmation at this point seems unlikely to come anytime soon.

Then again, even if they told us, who knows if we could even believe them? They said the Mandalorian Shuttle would never come out domestically either yet I bought three of them at TRU last Christmas.

With the line being abandoned, I didn't see the point in waiting around to find out. Not like I have anything else to spend my dough on right now.

My shipment should be here any day Pete, I will let you know how they show up...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2013, 10:52 AM »
So have we been able to get a firm "Yes" or "No" regarding this wave ever making it to the US?

I have not seen anything 100% concrete either way.  I sent the PR guys an email today asking them to please double-check with Hasbro to get the "official" status of the three "lost" waves (2012 Movie Heroes Wave 4; 2013 Movie Heroes Wave 1; 2013 Clone Wars Wave 1).  I will let you guys know if I hear anything back from them...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 01:31 PM »
I was charged and got my shipping notice from Order Sixty Six Toy Store for this wave. I got them all except Maul and Savage, which is fine since they are repacks.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2013, 03:49 PM »
I was charged and got my shipping notice from Order Sixty Six Toy Store for this wave. I got them all except Maul and Savage, which is fine since they are repacks.

Argh!  All sold out of Captain Rex.  Oh well...the search continues.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49 PM »
Yeehaw, my order from Toy Palace showed up just now, on an afternoon I just happened to be working from home!

Once again, I have to give them props, my case was full of perfectly mint cards, basically they just super bubble-wrapped the whole casebox from Hasbro. Everything arrived in pristine conditon.

I'll share more thoughts about the wave later, at least from a somewhat aesthetic viewpoint since I don't plan to open any of these up. I have started to see a few pop up on eBay and I did not realize there was a Canadian packaging variant. So I guess these will be hitting stores up there?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2013, 12:06 PM »
According to GH, this wave has hit Canada.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Did anyone else order both the MH cases and CW wave 1 from Toy Palace?  I elected to not ship until all three cases were ready, but not sure if they are getting all three at once.  I wish my German was better.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2013, 01:15 AM »

I have not seen anything 100% concrete either way.  I sent the PR guys an email today asking them to please double-check with Hasbro to get the "official" status of the three "lost" waves (2012 Movie Heroes Wave 4; 2013 Movie Heroes Wave 1; 2013 Clone Wars Wave 1).  I will let you guys know if I hear anything back from them...

I finally heard back today.  Here was the direct quote that I summarized for the front page:

"Movie Heroes and Clone Wars 2013 waves are outside-US only. We're waiting to hear back on the others."

The "others" mentioned are 2012 Movie Heroes Wave 4...  but at this point, it's probably safe to assume those are not coming to US retail either.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Bummer news, but thanks for finally confirming one way or the other.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Yeah, thanks Jeff, that puts to rest some of the misinformation floating around out there at some other sites. Hopefully they acknowledge this fact now.

I care little, as I have mine already, but it's some small consolation that I didn't necessarily make a hasty decision by ordering these online.

A lot of Canadian toy scalpers are happy right now though. Is anybody up there buying figures and not throwing them up on eBay right now? Sheesh.