Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 243515 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Another terrible idea I thought of...Darth Maul is also of right now in SW Canon alive again...ugh

Hate that too.  Maybe we'll see someone taking on Vader's outfit, impersonating him.  Then Luke has to clear Anakin's name.  Wow.  That sounds lame as I type it.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09 PM »
I call major bull**** on that. The citation is from an "industry insiders" and it's written up in a UK tabloid. That's two strikes against reality right there.

Meanwhile, here's a good roundup of responses from Spielberg, Abrams, and Favreau considering their desire to be involved.

Interesting stuff.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Or again - it could be that someone is taking a kernel of truth - e.g. the Ghost of Anakin Skywalker counsels Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and they're taking to it the extreme form of the truth which is "Darth Vader will be back in EP7!!!!"

Which, if Hayden reprises his role as the force ghost of Anakin Skywalker, is true, from a certain point of view.  ;)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Carrie Fisher confirms she is appearing. Because, you know, she has nothing better to do.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 04:21 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2012, 04:25 PM »
What is funny about that  ???

The lawyers probably made her retract it...lol
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2012, 09:30 PM »
I think she was just being sarcastic.  Its not unheard of.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2012, 07:46 PM »
The problem is people just can't wait for confirmation on anything.  In the rush to be the first media will take anything out of context, sarcastic, or otherwise as official word.  At this point in the game if it's not verified on StarWars.com it's not true.   

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 11:07 AM »
What the heck is it with news reporters saying Fisher will were the metal bikini again? Why would they ever do that in a movie again? It's a pretty lame joke.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Why would anyone believe it for that matter?  Has anyone actually seen Fisher?  I don't mean to be mean here, but...  yeah...  Metal's expensive.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 01:16 PM »
I'd love to see Leia as a Jedi, c'mon what about the whole "pass on what you have learned" thing.  who else better for Luke to start teaching then his own sis and the other child from the "Chosen One".  Gotta say I never liked the EU portrayal of Leia never really learning to be a Jedi.  She could easily have become a Jedi General and be a negotiator of peace instead of being a total sentor/chancellor.  So if new movies are gonna trump the current EU I certainly hope it steps all over the whole Leia=senator aspect. 

It always seemed to me from Ep. 2 that the whole "shroud of the darkside" had some how hampered the Jedi and did not allow them to reach the full power that they were capable of.  There's that whole scene in which Windu, Kenobi, Yoda talk about how much the Jedi suck at what they used to be good at.  I imagine that that over the generations of Sith have slowly, so to not be noticed, sort of cut off the Jedi from the Force but just enough to not really notice.  And now that the most powerful of them, Sidious, is gone I hope to see Jedi pulling off stunts like we saw in the Old Republic trailers.

Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Actually, I think Leia does develop strong force skills in Dark Empire, though I don't know remember the storyline that well.  I think she sticks with the political side of things because she was raised that way and served in the senate.  Her Alderaan upbringing doesnt really fit with becomming a warrior or general.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 07:58 PM »
She was sorta forcey in the Thrawn Trilogy but I don't recall her using a saber.  I could see it though.  I'd be fine with Luke passing it on.

I don't think kids are even necessary...  I think force sensitives would continue to be born and Luke could begin training any number of them.  At least that's how EU lays it out, but it stands to reason I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2012, 12:35 AM »
She was sorta forcey in the Thrawn Trilogy but I don't recall her using a saber.  I could see it though.  I'd be fine with Luke passing it on.

I don't think kids are even necessary...  I think force sensitives would continue to be born and Luke could begin training any number of them.  At least that's how EU lays it out, but it stands to reason I think.

So, on that note I've always felt there was a disconnect between that and the movies.  It seems that even though the Jedi are near extinction, more force-sensitives would be born all the time.  Was the emperor actively tracking and scooping them up or was he not worried about them because he figured no one was left to teach them?  In Empire, Yoda and Ben are basically saying Luke (or Leia) are their last hope, but why are they the last hope if there are more force sensitives out there/on the way?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2012, 02:09 AM »
EU says more are born...  Palps scoops some up.  Maarek Steele, Mara Jade, etc., and they fall into different roles for him.  There's a whole "inner circle" of sorts of force users that either he, or Vader, or both wind up training.

I think Yoda/Ben look at Luke and Leia as the last hopes due to what they assume are their natural force abilities.  Maybe they tested them as infants?  Also I think having nobody to really train them to fight two seasoned and very powerful Sith would be a big roadblock too.  Vader's obviously super powerful, and Palpatine took Yoda to something of a draw.  Throw in their political/military power.  Anyone Yoda or Kenobi trained would be in for a fight unless they had inheritly natural strength I guess.

It probably also takes work to find them...  many going unnoticed.  Yoda and  Kenobi would be exposed looking for them I suppose.

I can't think of many other force sensitives at this exact moment but I know there were others.  There were other trained Jedi lurking around too who survived, if you buy into EU of course.  Shaak Ti seemed to escape death a lot, Rahm Kota, Qu Rahm (I think that's the spelling) as well, at least for a time...  Till someone got 'em.  Then there were the Dark Jedi, like Jerec and his group of weaker Dark Jedi (Sarriss, Boc, Gork & Pic, Yun, and the guy cut in half on a floaty prosthetic whose name I forget offhand)...  I guess Jerec was off in wild space while the Clone Wars went on and he got goofy out there, and came back armed with some lesser apprentices and took over some of the Imperial remnant and killed Qu Rahm in the process...  though when he kills Rahm in the storyline's tough to tell, but it's into the Imperial era as Rahm appears to be helping the Alliance, possibly like Rahm Kota was in its earlier days.

That's EU though...  take or ignore at your leisure.  That's what I do.