Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244210 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2014, 09:47 PM »
I love all the focus on the bird-puppet guy.

And why do I have a feeling we are going to get a 3 second shot of him a la Gragra in EP1 so that Hasbro can release a figure at some point?  I hope I eat my words on this one because it's a cool looking character, but with how hush-hush things are about this movie, I don't see them teasing something that ends up as a major character.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02 PM »
I think the muppet was an attempt to show that JJ Abrams & company recognize some of the pitfalls that befell the PT and they're far more interested in capturing the essence of the OT with a more old school approach.  It reminds me of something that was said on Agents of SHIELD:  people often misconstrue the words new and improved.  Just because something is new doesn't make it better.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 23, 2014, 02:23 PM »
I think there is a fair balance of real/prosthetic and CG aliens in the prequels. None of the CG aliens really take me out of the movie. The most "offensive" use of CG in the prequels were the clone troopers, especially in the scenes where Commander Cody had the helmet removed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 23, 2014, 03:14 PM »
I dig puppet dude and totally welcome more of this.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 2, 2014, 09:30 AM »
Check out THIS TMZ POSTING.  It shows a gallery of over 40 images from the set of the Episode VII shoot in Abu Dhabi.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 2, 2014, 10:26 AM »
45 photos, 93 advertisements.  Impressive TMZ...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 2, 2014, 01:49 PM »
Check out THIS TMZ POSTING.  It shows a gallery of over 40 images from the set of the Episode VII shoot in Abu Dhabi.

Guess we're heading back to everyone's favorite desert planet?  I hope JJ edits out all the white trucks and sunglasses or this movie's going to be terrible.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 2, 2014, 02:04 PM »
I have to wonder if one of those locations might actually be the famed Toche station...

As for the creature?  It looks like a giant hog mated with a dewback.  Uck!

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 2, 2014, 04:49 PM »
Excellent additions to the cast! This is really getting me optimistic for the flick. I just hope Lupita is not Obi-Wan's daughter as I just don't like that whole basic premise.

Loved seeing the new set photos, but wonder if that isn't some kind of planned leak...seems like JJ would have a tighter lid on that kind of stuff as a notoriously secretive type. Hell of a way to keep stirring up interest though.

So encouraging to hear they're shooting monsters that take 5 people to operate them too...speaks to a departure from the CGI laden effects of the PT, and a great nod to the OT. What's old is new again.

And wow, I think I saw more black people in those 45 photos than the first 3 movies put together. Props for putting together such a diverse cast, even the extras reflect a broad range of ethnicities which only enhances the SW universe that much more, IMHO.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 2, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Excellent additions to the cast! This is really getting me optimistic for the flick. I just hope Lupita is not Obi-Wan's daughter as I just don't like that whole basic premise.

+1
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #432 on: June 2, 2014, 07:39 PM »
The sign, for the curious, says "WARNING" and then there's a number below it...  Jayson (Yak Jay) had an idea on the number but my phone wasn't getting a clear enough image for me to get it.  That friggin' watermark was walking all over a lot of detail. :(

Seems like some kind of very large holding pen going on there with the set...  Freaky pig thing holding pen?  Perhaps!  A big pen to hold all the Sith, and they escape and there's like 100000000's of Sith running around then?  Perhaps!  Luke lives in a sci-fi barn now?  Perhaps!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 2, 2014, 10:54 PM »
I'm not even sold on it being Tatooine yet. All those extras and no Jawas?  Not even one little person? All it would take is a bit of color-tweaking of the sand in post and this could easily be a brand new world.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #434 on: June 2, 2014, 11:07 PM »
Eh it's possible it's not Tatooine sure...  Unless there's only one desert world in Star Wars, haha.  Or maybe they're all just specific colors, but no two desert planets share the same color.  ;)

Yeah I actually thought the same thing...  Why does this HAVE to be Tatooine?  Though it probably is, but not necessarily.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77