Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 243547 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #450 on: June 4, 2014, 10:46 PM »
Wait, what is the EU?  My well-used eraser says if it wasn't in the movies, it didn't happen... ;)

I subscribe to everything you said there Jesse.  I'd also add that in times of war, we often see new vehicle enhancements, so if there is truly peace after ROTJ, development might be a lot slower.  Also, I get the feeling that Palps/Moffs were into new designs and tech given all the revisions to the clones  and their vehicles in just a few short years of war.  I think the New Republic probably would have prioritized reunification and welfare efforts over new ship design.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #451 on: June 5, 2014, 12:16 AM »
Assuming that by this point it's a new republic, and not just a continuation of the war. ;) 

Yeah I don't even know how to say "EU" at this point without wondering how that gets received then.  Then again some folks always just ignored it anyway.

The way EU fleshed out military hardware was actually pretty solid for the most part though, and something I always liked (in the OT anyway).  Evolution was pretty static...  the Empire, further tied to its "nazi" roots, was trying its hand at "wonder weapons" much like the Germans did...  And so things like the TIE Defender come about and are a big evolutionary step forward (for fighters in the SW galaxy) without being absurdly perfect.

They were working on cloaking technology for larger ships, and stuff, the Darktrooper Project...  or in my little stupid Star Wars universe, they were also working on a biological warfare project with this new freaky alien species they'd recovered. :P

I love the TIE Fighter evolution, but really it doesn't have much pre-ANH you can think of (outside EU again), and I really just don't look at the Prequals as having ships in them that directly tied to the TIE Fighters...  The ROTS Jedi fighter had maybe the closest ties, but they're pretty loose still...  I'm anxious to see how (and I believe we've seen SOME of how) the TIE Fighters evolve or even simply begin as a new branch/style of fighter...  Obviously some simple visual or sound elements don't necessitate that they're related (V-Wing sounds, ROTS JSF cockpit, etc.).  A mower and a car both have an exhaust but obviously they're not closely related.

Rebels has that funky squatter winged TIE that looks more like concept art versions of TIE ships.  It'll be interesting to me to see what they go with.

I'm equally anxious to see what the Rebels have for fighters, assuming we'll see a more organized military for the Rebels at some point in the toon?  The Y-Wing and others are there...  what else though?  I could see Alliance squads using JSF's for interceptors, or V-19's even.  I have a V-19 sitting around with the specific purpose of an Alliance repaint and mods because I just love that ship, and love the idea of the Alliance using them for interceptors if they can get their hands on them.

It's easily up there with the TIE Defender and TIE "Avenger" Advanced for a fav EU ship design of mine.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 6, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Mark is ready.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #453 on: June 6, 2014, 10:53 AM »
The people that have to be the happiest about the Falcon returning are undoubtedly the folks at Hasbro, who'll get a chance to get some more use out of that BAMF mold for at least one more film.

Serious-time: What happens if JJ blows up the Falcon?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 6, 2014, 11:22 AM »

BAMF with Exploding Action Feature.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 6, 2014, 11:36 AM »

BAMF with Exploding Action Feature.

and lens flare bonus feature.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #456 on: June 6, 2014, 01:36 PM »
It has to either blow up with Han and Chewie, or be handed down like a Subaru to his kids.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 6, 2014, 03:18 PM »
I bet Han has to go into the sealed Hyperdrive chamber where he will get a lethal does of radiation, but Luke uses his force powers to capture Han's essence into a Jedi ghost before flying the Falcon through a gas cluster and destroying Kaaaahhhhhn. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 6, 2014, 04:16 PM »
As crazy as this may sound, I think that's the best MH has looked in years.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 6, 2014, 04:55 PM »

From what I understand he's been working with a trainer for well over a year.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 6, 2014, 08:10 PM »

Agreed.  I remember seeing pics of him in the 90's and wondered what the hell happened to him.  I'm hoping some badass stuff happens before he turns into a CG ghost for the rest of the 48 Star Wars movies.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 9, 2014, 09:22 AM »
You mean these pictures:

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 9, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Not one of Mr. Hamill's finer moments.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2014, 10:36 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 12, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Harrison Ford hurt his ankle...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/showbiz/harrison-ford-star-wars-injury/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

As long as none of these guys break a hip I suppose.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 12, 2014, 04:36 PM »
Harrison Ford hurt his ankle...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/showbiz/harrison-ford-star-wars-injury/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

As long as none of these guys break a hip I suppose.

He had to go to the hospital?  That should be a good story.  Guessing it's more precautionary than serious injury, but yeah, these guys are getting up there in age.  Unlike the rest of us.   ;)