Author Topic: $5 Vintage Collection @ Five Below  (Read 38396 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: $5 Vintage Collection @ Five Below
« Reply #15 on: November 1, 2012, 04:07 PM »
If anyone finds the corrected Stormie at 5 below, I'll gladly take them off your hands! Looking for a bunch of them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 1, 2012, 09:36 PM »
If 5 Below could just get their hands on any of those vintage waves after the Deleted Scene wave, I would be more than happy to throw money at them. I don't see how there are still cases of that pre-TPM stuff floating around out there. How much of that stuff did they make anyway?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2012, 10:04 AM »
Has anyone seen the deleted scene wave at 5 Below? I found the AOTC wave when I was out of town last week, but I actually need a Lando and Colonel Cracken from the deleted scenes wave.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Not a sale per se, but I have it from a friend who runs a 5 Below that she got an email regarding the "new" (new for that store) Vintage Figures.

She told me they got word that there was to be a Star Wars wheel barrow display going up in the near future at the front of the store, similar to last year.  She wouldn't commit to saying it would have new product, but she got word from higher up to do the display after Halloween's display comes down or something along those lines, and she said usually that means new cases of stuff.

She said they don't always know what's coming, but usually those displays get new items.  It's probably what's been found (AOTC Clone, AT-RT Driver, any remaining AOTC wave stuff too), but she said she's sure her higher-ups were really pleased with sales of figures last year.  They were floored, actually, and she said they're "aggressively" trying for more because it was a bit of an experiment that went smashingly.

Jesse, your friend is a great source of info. I found this at Five Below this morning:

I noticed all of the 212th Clone Troopers had pristine white helmets. I recall all revisions of the 212th troopers last year had green helmets (or at least all revision assts I saw), so I'm inclined to think Five Below might have ordered an additional production run just for their stores.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2012, 01:58 PM »
I'd have to drive 274 miles to get to the closest Five Below.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2012, 02:16 PM »

That sucks. If there is anything you want (or anyone else, for that matter) feel free to pm me a shopping list and I can head back sometime next week.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #21 on: November 2, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Not a sale per se, but I have it from a friend who runs a 5 Below that she got an email regarding the "new" (new for that store) Vintage Figures.

She told me they got word that there was to be a Star Wars wheel barrow display going up in the near future at the front of the store, similar to last year.  She wouldn't commit to saying it would have new product, but she got word from higher up to do the display after Halloween's display comes down or something along those lines, and she said usually that means new cases of stuff.

She said they don't always know what's coming, but usually those displays get new items.  It's probably what's been found (AOTC Clone, AT-RT Driver, any remaining AOTC wave stuff too), but she said she's sure her higher-ups were really pleased with sales of figures last year.  They were floored, actually, and she said they're "aggressively" trying for more because it was a bit of an experiment that went smashingly.

At 5 bucks a pop unpunced...Five Below has quickly jumped up on the "My favorite stores" list.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 2, 2012, 03:30 PM »
At 5 bucks a pop unpunced...Five Below has quickly jumped up on the "My favorite stores" list.

Don't get too excited about the figures being unpunched! At the store I visited, most cards were bent due to the figures being dumped into a wheelbarrow, so don't expect minty fresh packages.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 3, 2012, 11:36 AM »

That's nothing I have to drive 1539 miles to the closest Five Below! I guess they don't exist on the west cost.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 3, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Almost all cards I got from last year's assortment were perfect really...  The ones at my nearest store, of the current stuff showing up, were all curled.  At another store I visited today to help out someone on AT-RT Drivers, they were perfect and unpunched...  *shrugs*  It's hit and miss.  I didn't find them being dumped in the wheel barrow to affect them TOO much generally.

I will note though that the girl that waited on me today specifically said they were being told to handle them carefully since they're considering them collectibles, and know adults are wanting them as well.  I found that interesting.

She said they'd just gotten a couple more cases in this weekend of the "new" assortments too and put them out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 3, 2012, 07:11 PM »
They had them here. It's too much...$5 figures and good ones. I had to stop at $20...2 stormtroopers (yes, the non-unibrow version), AT-RT driver and that Nikto Jedi (even though he'll be a peg warmer...I never got him before). I can see myself spending $20 a week there for as long as they have anything worth buying.  :P

TRU finally got Wave 6? The Lost Line wave. Now that the old sale is over. JERKS. Had a two day sale 2 for $15.99. But I passed, I can get 3 figures at 5 Below, and I wanted Leia, but the regular card version was sold. All the NEW GUN sandtroopers were sold. Funny I saw some woman with her daughter "they have Princess Leia....she looks strange. And Darth Vader but his head is clear...don't like that Darth Vader."

CONSUMER'S WRATH DARTH VADER! Not good enough for her daughter!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: November 3, 2012, 09:33 PM »

And like clockwork the displays went up Friday...  Pretty nice to see, and I noticed at several stores they had put out fresh cases.  The way you could tell was the cards weren't punched.  The rest had been on pegs already.

Last year's remnants were out too, still, and probably will be for quite a while.  No new stock of last year's figures though.

On my casual observation today too, I'm noticing the new cases are going quick...

-Endor Rebels
-Stormtroopers
-AT-RT Drivers
-Fi Ech Sirch Nikto Jedi
-Dagobah Luke

These 5 were all pretty scarce or non-existant.

The AOTC Clone was next...  going a little slower but going.

General Lando and the 212th were everywhere for the most part, as was Bar2D2 and the remnants from last year (mostly OWK, Zam, SBD, and Padamadme with some Anakin's mixed in here and there).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 3, 2012, 10:05 PM »
It's telling of how bad things were/are, when I saw more of the figures from those cases at 5 Below in one day than I saw all of last year at every store I went to combined. (And that wave I actually did see a few times)

Thanks for the wheel barrow notice, I probably would've walked right past it. Though, they had plenty on pegs...which I preferred because I'd just as soon leave unpunched for those who care.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 5, 2012, 06:43 AM »
I saw the wheelbarrow.  I had a few figs in hand for my son, but the line was insane.  I'll go back today to see if it is any better.

I did happen to get the new Sandie and a Bespin Leia from TRU during their sale.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Jedi Temple Archives reported that Gamorrean Guards were found at a Five Below by Dan Curto.