Author Topic: NECA Aliens/Prometheus  (Read 13100 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: NECA Aliens/Prometheus
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 08:51 AM »
Was digging around on the internets last night about these lines and found some interesting stuff. I guess the Prometheus line isn't doing all that hot and NECA has announced that the Fifield/Shaw wave is on hold now. :( But they can still manage to get 2 more holographic Engineers into Wave 3 cause THAT will save the line. Huh?

I'm one of the few people who actually liked that movie I think, and I'm still on the fence about jumping in. They're too expensive and noone but TRU carries them around here. They had that one sale a few weeks back but since then nothing.

The Aliens line still looks cool but noone seems to know when these are supposed to show up. I've heard everything from June - August.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Not Neca, so feel free to move this post.

It looks like Super7 will want around $20 each for it's Kenner retro 3 3/4" figures.

SDCC Alien Exclusives

Absurd price for a 5 point of articulation figures based on 70's toys, albeit unproduced ones.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Yeah, maybe, but I SO want those. I would have gone nuts for these things back in the day. I'm more geeked about those than the new 6" stuff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 01:45 AM »
I'm probably out then...  I'm guessing very small production runs is part of the pricing on them.  They're neat, but I don't really collect Alien/Aliens stuff as much as I like it integrated with my Star Wars shelf somewhat, which makes these a little obsolete looking.

I more wanted the space suit one...  The other two, meh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 07:18 PM »
I like them and plan to pick up the set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Absurd price for a 5 point of articulation figures based on 70's toys, albeit unproduced ones.

Yep, but it's a small company and the volume won't be high, so that drives the price up.

I'm all over it.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 09:23 PM »
See, that's just an excuse. If they really wanted to emulate Kenner, they could totally lower costs by doing more repaints with new accessories, like Lava Planet Cain, Night Stalker Dallas, Battle Luge Ripley, Urban Strike Alien and Aqua-Armor Ash.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 09:24 AM »
I saw the new Aliens figures at TRU yesterday for the first time - Hicks, Hudson, Xenomorph, etc. They lookd pretty damn good. I think they were $17.99 though? Yikes.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 1, 2013, 06:25 PM »
oh these are pure win.  I nabbed all 3 and I love them!!!!  can't wait for wave 2 already!!!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Were you successful?

I managed to snag the free catalog and base, and the Early Bird kit, but I'm still awaiting confirmation on the prototype 2-pack. (I pre-ordered that on eBay but as of yesterday the seller had not been able to secure one yet, pretty sure these are gone now)

The aftermarket prices on these are going to be nuts I think. What a great concept though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 03:24 PM »

Were you successful?

I managed to snag the free catalog and base, and the Early Bird kit, but I'm still awaiting confirmation on the prototype 2-pack. (I pre-ordered that on eBay but as of yesterday the seller had not been able to secure one yet, pretty sure these are gone now)

The aftermarket prices on these are going to be nuts I think. What a great concept though.

No luck on the prototype set. Got the Early Bird set. The guys at the booth were cool enough to give me enough display stands for all the figures in the set though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10 AM »
Nice job!

I ended up overpaying for the Early Bird kit, but I got the catalog and free stand. I only need one because I don't plan on removing the figures from their cards anyway.

Now I just have to lock down the prototype 2-pack. Hard to say if the price on that will go up or down over time.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: August 7, 2013, 08:43 PM »
So i have picked up a NECA predator figure and the skull set and want to grab an Alien, has there been a release with a face hugger and a chest burster? Not necessarily together but has NECA made them?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 8, 2013, 09:23 AM »
No, not yet.

They do have this coming out but it is not in scale:  http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12262&mode=retail

more of a "fun" toy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: August 9, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info.