Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47346 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2014, 06:26 PM »
Turns out my gf's daughter uses netflix so ill use her account.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Maybe it can move to Netflix.  Especially with the Disney deal recently
I guessed right.

I am happy with the decision to get these out there.  I am sure these wind up on DVD/BR eventually. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 05:59 AM »
Glad I dropped $100 on the "Complete Series Ultimate Collector's Set" Blu-Ray with an entire season that cannot play and no missing episodes. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2014, 09:44 AM »
That is why you fail wait.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2014, 11:12 AM »
That is why you fail wait.

I've learned that with Star Wars: figures, movies, books.  Wait.  I'm sure the new Ultimate Star Wars encyclopedias will be missing some entries due to the scrapping of some EU stuff (or maybe it will be listed as non-canon and kept?).

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44 PM »
Back to the spoiler...  Pretty awesome, and to be honest, this should be something added into either AotC or RotS.  It would be awesome to see this as a  post-credits coda on AotC: SE.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2014, 04:17 PM »
I have unlimited streaming for only $7.99/mo - best babysitter EVAR!

Here is another shot of the HD selection, I'm not sure McMetal where you saw that HD wasn't supported.

Huh, all i see is the red X but I will look again when I get home. We had a free trial a few months ago and there was no HD content available for streaming through our Wii.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Huh, all i see is the red X but I will look again when I get home. We had a free trial a few months ago and there was no HD content available for streaming through our Wii.

Ah there's your problem.  The Wii is not an HD machine.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2014, 07:15 PM »
Really great news. It's just too bad they never completed/started work on the final Maul arc. Well, at least we'll be getting his story through the comic book and the final episodes in some form - I have to say putting them on Netflix is pretty appropriate and not fan-crushing, IMO.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2014, 09:56 PM »
Ah there's your problem.  The Wii is not an HD machine.

Rats, turns out you are exactly right...I had no idea.

Plan B I guess!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 03:54 PM »
? for u Netflix'ers
so if i get app on ipod touch does it need to continually be wi-fi connected to watch something, or does it download while connected to wi-fi and can be watched later. just wondering if i can "load" and episode @ home and watch it later at work.  This will determine if wind up getting Netflix. thanks
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 04:22 PM »
Nope, it doesn't store. You have to remain online for it to stream while watching.

We recently got a new (and not lavish by any means) bluray player with wifi capability that came loaded with netflix...we had already become hooked years back on our Wii. Last week we had three separate shows streaming at the same time on different devices and I once again realized I do in fact live in the future.

I skipped out on most of the last season after being bored of the one before...but I am looking forward to wrapping it up at my own pace.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 02:30 PM »
thanx muftak guess i'll have to find some other way to watch
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Has anyone else watched the new Season Six trailer?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/24/star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-6-trailer

I have to say, I thought it looked pretty awesome.  I was sort of up and down on the Clone Wars overall, but really liked some of it, and this trailer really has me pumped for the "Lost Missions".  We've never had Netflix before, but always interested, so this might give us the push to give it a try.  We really only have a Wii (or computer/iPad/Iphone I guess) to use for this, so we'll have to see.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Yeah, lots of detail there...  Guessing Yoda keeps, to himself, who he's communing with.  Surprised to here where all he's going and it seems like the series wraps up a lot of things with him leading into ROTS.

It looks like there's a lot of people rallying with the Emperor to go against the Jedi.  I kind of wondered about some of those species and where their loyalties ultimately lay.

I liked the appearance that they get back to a focus on the war...  I really REALLY hated how the show had basically gotten away from the main conflict of the era, especially in the last couple seasons.  It felt like after the Geonosis arc things really were focused on specific characters who seemed to have nothing to do with the overall war going on and that just was annoying to me.  Now, they seem like they're going to try somewhat to get back to that, and tie it into how the whole thing began with Dyas and everything.

I saw Yakface on twitter retweeted a translation of the Aurabesh page on Sifo Dyas that's in the trailer.  Pretty neat and something I would've totally been doing myself tonight. :P

It's interesting to see what he was up to though, and to see who the hell he was. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77