Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles  (Read 26249 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: Rebels - Class II Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 08:09 PM »
The TIE I bet is actually to-scale...  the walker, I'd say just eyeballing it with the figure in the foreground, it may well be too, though scale's certainly open to debate on something EU anyway.  Looks good to me.  I'm in on both those.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 10:27 PM »
One other note... these have a $25 price tag on them now.

Didn't take long for the all-new, all-smallish Class II to creep back up again, did it?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 10:38 PM »
Vehicles are such a delicate thing to deal with it seems...  If they weren't willing to try new material, I felt like they were doomed from the get-go.  Rebels breaths some life into Class II once more.

I wonder if Class I will ever return?  I liked it, for what it was.  I felt like it had potential.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 10:46 PM »
One other note... these have a $25 price tag on them now.

Didn't take long for the all-new, all-smallish Class II to creep back up again, did it?

Sorry to pester you with questions Jeff, but are these vehicles supposed to be in the same size range as the earlier "shrunken" offerings, like Slave 1 and the Jedi Fighters? Also how tall did the walker appear to be? From the pics the vehicles seem fairly large, but there isn't really anything to compare with.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 10:49 PM »
There's a figure in the foreground of the one pic of the Walker I saw, and it's pretty big...  Not complex though, but definitely tall.  The TIE's cockpit is pretty big...  As big as other TIE Fighters.  The wings are squat, and I'd say no bigger than a vintage TIE's squat little wings.  I'd say it's about back to where vehicles were in the old Class II.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 10:54 PM »
are these vehicles supposed to be in the same size range as the earlier "shrunken" offerings, like Slave 1 and the Jedi Fighters? Also how tall did the walker appear to be? From the pics the vehicles seem fairly large, but there isn't really anything to compare with.

In-between.  Definitely not "super-small" like the 2012/2013 stuff.  Closer to the old vehicle scale, but also not surprisingly smaller ship choices as a result.  The Phanton is small... but it's supposed to be.

The walker is pretty tall, not any smaller in height than the AT-ST.  Lots less articulation than the ATST which is why it's cheaper I'd say.  Should make the legs sturdier for posing/standing it up though compared to the last ATST.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 10:59 PM »
are these vehicles supposed to be in the same size range as the earlier "shrunken" offerings, like Slave 1 and the Jedi Fighters? Also how tall did the walker appear to be? From the pics the vehicles seem fairly large, but there isn't really anything to compare with.

In-between.  Definitely not "super-small" like the 2012/2013 stuff.  Closer to the old vehicle scale, but also not surprisingly smaller ship choices as a result.  The Phanton is small... but it's supposed to be.

The walker is pretty tall, not any smaller in height than the AT-ST.  Lots less articulation than the ATST which is why it's cheaper I'd say.  Should make the legs sturdier for posing/standing it up though compared to the last ATST.

Glad to hear that the vehicles grew in size. Based on the pics I expect the walker to be similar to the tripod walker from several years ago, with only a couple points of articulation in the legs. I actually prefer the less articulation, as the AT-ST had too much and suffered because of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Speaking of, think I sorted that issue out for the most part. Feel like I should write an update about how to go about fixing those.

That AT-DP looked very sturdy...  Legs one solid piece for the most part except the hips and ankles I think?  They are hollow too, which is fine to me. 

Wonder what the cockpit interior's like?  How it'll stack-up to the cut-away from the show's promotional slideshow.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57 PM »
Oh man, I'm SO EXCITED for these! They look amazing and I'm so relieved that they appear to be more or less in scale. Really gives me hope they will do The Ghost right too.

The Phantom looks like they carved it right out of the base of the Republic Attack Shuttle.

I am 100% officially all-in on this line.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Perhaps they are going to launch a realistic AT-DP in the near future to fit saga legends, tvc and black series.

It has a cool design, looks likely several versions will be offer as there were with the personal walker por ep iii and clone wars. (animated and realistic)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 01:40 PM »
Vehicles are sculpted realistically already it seems to me, like they did with The Clone Wars.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Definitely liking the look of Inquisitor's TIE Advanced.  It blends together a number of looks, from Maul's Sith Infiltrator in the wings, to the ROTS era Jedi Interceptor, and especially Vader's TIE Advanced X-1.  That kind of blending continuity is a great thing to see!

The AT-DP looks pretty cool, too.  I would love to see the hatch open, but I get the sense that it's a one man vehicle based on the size of the pod.

The Phantom seems alright.  I wasn't expecting vehices right out of the gate for REBELS, but this is definitely welcome.  Still, it seems like the Ghost is the more important ship in the context of the series.  Perhaps we'll have to wait to see how the show does in it's first season before Hasbro commits to producing a Ghost vehicle?  If they do it, I would expect that Hasbro might have a price target of $80 - $100 for that particular ship.

Also noteworthy?  I think we'll be seeing a REBELS stylized TIE Fighter at some point.  The graphics on the mockup box for Inquisitor's TIE Advanced have a standard TIE on there, and we've seen a number of TIE's featured in some of the pre-production art that's been released.  I think that standard TIE would be a no-brainer for this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Very excited to see the vehicles. The TIE Advanced is very cool. I also would expect a Rebels TIE since if I'm not mistaken the designers based the concept art off the actual Kenner squat wing TIE.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 04:54 PM »
These were one of the cool surprises of the show I thought.  I figured we'd be getting vehicles for the new toon, but it was cool seeing something all new (and not super tiny).  I know I'm pretty excited for these as well.  I had been on an OT vehicles only rule for the past few years, but these will be tempting.  That's where we get the gray area since Rebels is sort of in the OT time period as well, so maybe I've found a loophole in my own rule :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Think of it this way.  OT Concept art, kinda counts. :D