Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles  (Read 26256 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Rebels - Class II Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 07:55 PM »
I'm loving that AT-DP! Looks to be a good size.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Yup, I was impressed.  I'll take less leg articulation for a sizable walker like that.  Looks like it might have 3 points of leg articulation at most.  That's sufficient. 

I'm anxious now to see the cockpit interior.  It's a smaller walker than the AT-ST in design.  A cut-away of the actual 3D model from the show showed a tandem seating style, but not much room for it.  Basically legs under seats kind of a dealio.  I think 2 could fit the toy well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 09:53 PM »
The thing is, if they give us the vehicles, we're going to need the pilots to drive 'em.  :)

Especially for that more generic TIE that is sure to come one day...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56 PM »
Rebelscum heavily hinted that, during their preview of Hasbro's booth at SDCC this evening, they saw the Imperial Troop Transport...

Sooooooooo, yeah I'm officially now giddy to see what they saw.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 11:01 PM »
That was the least discreet hint I think I've ever seen.  The only person who couldn't figure that out would be that guy who horrendously failed at Wheel of Fortune a few months back.

I'm looking forward to how the Imperial Troop Transport might get integrated into the series.  And I hope the tool for the vehicle has been at least slightly updated.   That's one vintage vehicle I was never able to get for myself, so the opportunity to finally get one is pretty nice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:02 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Heck yes! As soon as I heard this would be featured on the show I wanted one. Great news, would be cool if it came with some electronics as a nod to the vintage version but I'm not holding my breath.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45 PM »
Honestly given the images I've seen of it, I really pray the vintage mold is non-existant because the redesigned elements of the cartoon's ship are so much cooler and in line with some past precedent too (the little ball turret guns up front ala the AT-TE, etc.).

It's also a little more angular, less "rounded" at the front...  I'd dig seeing something new really.  Vintage stormie transports are a dime a dozen too.  :-\

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 10:27 AM »
The more I see of that Inquisitor's TIE, the less I like it. 

I get what they are trying to do, making it a step between the regular TIE and Vader's TIE, but...  I've got a lot of TIEs already.  Don't think I need another small-wing TIE for $25.  I'd buy a TIE Defender or a TIE Crawler, but this one?  I'm just not feeling it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26 PM »
I don't mind it...  It's small, weird...  It's different enough that it will sit nicely on a shelf like a weird TIE design.  I'm not getting it because I like the inquisitor or anything really, but more that it's just sort of in line with the myriad of EU TIE Fighter ships they've cranked out.

The TIE Fighters themselves appear to be small-wing Kenner-ish TIE Fighters to the extreme, even white it appears, so it's kind of funny that they're somehow making the "small wing" TIE that collectors wanted replaced, now "canon" more or less.  I'd assume they'll make it at some point, or basically crank out the POTF2 ship in white?  In the trailer there's a good shot of them parked with ladders beside them and troops walking past.  It makes the Kenner ship pretty spot-on in size now.  Go figure.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 01:51 PM »
I'm not impressed with that new troop transport. There is no cockpit and it looks small and narrow. No electronics. I think it looks silly and undersized. I like the new walker.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 06:11 PM »
Yeah it's not as nice as I wished for, but it's interesting and different enough I'll buy one and use it for something else.  I fully intend a scaled one of my own at some point.  Love the design and purpose, just think Hasbro's doesn't meet the bar that things like the AT-DP set.  That thing is all kinds of rockin'.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2014, 10:25 AM »
More Hasbro/SDCC thoughts...

We've seen the AT-DP, Phantom and Inquisitor's TIE prototype before.  Still, it's good to get a better look at these now.

The AT-DP seems to be the best of the bunch.  I think walker vehicles just have this amazing appeal in Star Wars, and this one is a nice addition.  I'm certainly looking forward to it, although I don't think we really got a good look at the crew compartment.

The Phantom looks pretty plain, to be honest.  But I think Hasbro felt the need to get SOME sort of vehicle out there for the Rebels who are the namesake of the new series.  Again, I would have liked to have gotten a better look at the interior of this vehicle, but that just didn't happen.  What I really want to know about the Phantom?  In the event that the Ghost gets made as a large vehicle, will the Phantom dock in some way with that vehicle?  Hopefully Hasbro is looking at that sort of compatibility.

The Inquisitor's TIE fighter seems cool.  Although I have to wonder how those wings are going to hold up.  It looks like they fold, and the hinges may be a weak point on this particular vehicle.

I'm also a bit puzzled by the Target exclusive versions of the TIE Prototype and the Phantom.  Why would Target agree to this?  And where is the motivation for people to get these version instead of buying the figures and vehicles separately anywhere else?

And the Imperial Troop Transport?  The nostalgia fan in me really wants to like this.  Especially since I never got a vintage Imperial Transport.  But the execution on this one?  I've gotta say.... it looks a little cheap.  I know that tooling budgets are down.  And I appreciate the sentiment, but I think I was expecting a little more.  Still, in terms of the shaping?  I think this design actually does a decent job of bridging the look of some of the PT Grand Army of the Republic technology and vehicles with that of OT Imperial equipment.

The big vehicle question with regards to REBELS?  When does the Ghost come out?  And on a similar note, what about Agent Kallus's cruisers that have been seen in some of the recent clips?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:26 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Loving the At-DP. It's absolutely being incorporated into my Mech fleet, buying two on the onset. Will pick up the Transport for good measure as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Me too...   I'm aiming for 2-3 left grey and I'm sure I will pick up some on sales or whatnot to customize too.  If Kmart launches rebels stuff I will largely shop there.  I have points saved and apparently no exclusive for them this year.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Wolf Pack podcast did a little early review of the AT-DP and Phantom from this line...  I watched the AT-DP video and I gotta say, that thing's a beast.  At least as tall as the new AT-ST sculpt, maybe a tad taller actually, which would be accurate I believe.

The seating does accomodate TWO pilots, as it should, and in tandem seats, as it should.  I think it's not very detailed in there to fit figures with the lower articulation count, but I can see spiffing that up a bit.  I'm just glad it fits two.

The detail on the outside looked quite impressive IMO.  Lots of recessed panel lines.

I'm excited in part because I have coupons for TRU and free $ basically lying about, and in part because I'm so into getting these new vehicles.  Is it the newness?  No.  I think it's the quality.  These are looking pretty nicely scaled.  If anything isn't it's the Phantom, but it doesn't look terrible either.  Otherwise these look to have a solid bit of detail to them.  Simplistic, priced nice, but still delivering some decent quality.

Anyway, these are out at TRU in Cali right now...  Look for them if you please.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:04 PM by Jesse James »