Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 45936 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #90 on: October 8, 2016, 05:05 PM »
$2 figures at Meijer, (hopefully not just today, I didn't see any signs or flyers regarding a special clearance sale), they were still marked $3.98. If you want Zuvio and Resistance Troopers...they did have a couple of Hux's left and one Goss Toowers after I bought one of every one. Only other location I've been to recently had the same selection, with some the blue droid and Sarco Planks, maybe a guavian enforcer, but that was last week.

Depending on how well I like the trooper, I might go back.

My TFA collection is now at 7 characters.  :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 8, 2016, 05:55 PM »
I saw a bunch of the Wal-Mart exclusive Poe's X-Wing (the blue one) marked down for $13 today... if you skipped that and wanted one, now is probably the time to keep an eye out.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 9, 2016, 06:29 PM »
$9 First Order TIES at Wal-Mart...came close to getting one. The warping wing talk and just lack of space made me second guess it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Avoid the TIE at all costs. I've had mine for a month now and the wings absolutely refuse to stay attached. If it's just sitting there, the wings will pop off. It's a piece of junk.

The figure is pretty cool, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2016, 06:59 PM »
If you haven't been deterred by warnings on the TIE and still looking for one,  $16.99 at Ross.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2016, 07:24 PM »
I have two of the Ties (one regular, one tru) and the wings are fine. Slight warp and stay on no problem
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2017, 02:59 PM »
It looks like the clearances are here for TFA 3.75" basic figures.  At a local TRU these are now marked down to $4.99 each.  I was tempted to pick up some FO Snowtroopers, but I'm going to wait and see if we might get an SA version at some point. 

Target was a little weird though.  I saw some Atsy figures marked down to $2.90 each.  I wanted to pick up another Resistance Rey, so I scanned that on the price check station.  Lo and behold, the Jungle/Space assortment scans at $7.96 each.  It all came across as a bit random. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2017, 09:53 AM »
I only took note of this yesterday during a visit to TRU, but they're running a BOGO deal through tomorrow.  It's BOGO 50% off.  I finally bit the bullet on some R1 packaged figures like Kylo Ren from wave 1 and Vader from wave 2.  That plus the TFA figures being on clearance made for some okay deals.  Especially since I was able to use some rewards, too.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Eric at www.ImperialHolocron.com posted that he found later wave TFA 3.75" figures at 5 Below...

Today, my gf scored some for me at a local store!  The FO Stormtrooper Squad Leader, Maskless Kylo Ren, Old Han, Hassk Thug, etc., etc.  I never saw a lot of that stuff in stores.  Caught a couple Hassk Thugs but Han always seemed to be gone.  5 Below is the place to be I guess.  Patience paid off. :)

I'm anxious to get an extra of the FO Squad Leader cuz I just love that ammo pack thingie.  Badass.  I imagine Stormies having those in the olden days. :P

I'm wanting to do up a nice "Old Han" too.  It's the one thing from TFA I really wanted and never got.  I will add a lil articulation and better paint apps.  Boom.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2017, 08:10 PM »
Nice to know the final waves are turning up at 5 Below.  I've been wanting to get some doubles of the First Order Squad Leader, too.  And I also wanted to get another unmasked Kylo Ren so that I could kitbash that with the 3.75" TBS Kylo Ren.

I think I'm too much of a customizing novice to want to tackle a proper SA TFA Han Solo, as much as I really want one.

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Saw the Han and maskless Kylo waves myself at the local Five Below this evening.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2017, 10:15 PM »
Saw wave 1 figs at a store nearby but nothing good otherwise.  I wish I'd found the latter guys but at least I got some of them anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2017, 03:20 PM »
Grabbed another Stormie n unmasked Kylo.  I'm probably done looking now unless I'm near a 5Below I haven't been to yet for another reason.  Love that store tho for candy alone.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2017, 03:54 PM »
I picked up an unmasked Kylo Ren at 5 Below.  I'll have to keep looking for the Stormtrooper Squad Leader.   

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2017, 05:32 PM »
It seems what's coming in may be hit/miss but I'm thinking a lot of wave 1 I'm seeing we're repacks and not just wave 1 cases themselves.

Oddly I've never seen clearanced tfa basic figs for less than. $7.  Best I ever saw were sales at dollar general.  Never got much custom fodder because of that.

I hope Tassu Leech and SnAckbar surface cuz I wanted those but never saw them.