Author Topic: The Infancy of Finally Having My Stuff Displayed and Not Just Stored  (Read 6250 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
I don't post these pics because of how amazing my display looks (shelf is ugly, still too much clutter), but for the first time in 20 years (when there was so little stuff) I have a line of figs that I can see all at the same time.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:57 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Nice start!  I've planned out my own shelf displays, and I'm on the verge of buying the materials.  So you're ahead of me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Great start Nick!  I can't seem to get past the "organized chaos" of my collection room.  At least in our new house I have it all in one room!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Addition to the Custom Shelf in my 6" display.
Wish I had a photo update that was more stuff displayed but not a lot of progress made.
And yes I will trade the vintage iMac for vintage Star Wars toys  ;)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:54 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Infancy of Finally Having My Stuff Displayed and Not Just Stored
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Decided to take some quick crappy photos of the toy room to this point. It isn't going to win any awards, but sure is a lot more fun than cardboard boxes piled on top of one another.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Hey Go-Bots!!  Get out of there!

What magical incantations did you use to get that new style AT-ST to stand?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 10:41 AM »
If it's anything like mine...it's leaning backwards slightly into the wall.   ;D

It's looking great so far Nick!  Can't wait to see more!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:42 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24 AM »
Here are a few more pictures. For the most part the set up isn't much different than the other photos I posted. These are some of the shelves I didn't photograph last time. It's tough to get very good pics as the "aisles" are not very wide. I didn't take pictures of my carded vintage which are stacked in cases, and most of the stuff I didn't open as it's not displayed that pretty. At this point the basic figures are organized and easy to access, but in drawers and not displayed. Thanks for looking. Now I need a bigger house so I can really display the stuff as I'd like.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
You can stick a Tie cockpit on pretty much anything and make me want it. I remember the "uglies" from some of the EU books and always loved the idea of a Tye-Wing. Excited to add this to the Tie Fighter shelf.