Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILER FREE)  (Read 32456 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One (SPOILER FREE)
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Thanks for the link, Jeff. Not sure how I missed this prior. I'll probably go with the Standard edition since I preordered the Japanese version of the movie (for the exclusive SH Figuarts figure ::)) and that includes the Best Buy steelbook and the Target character pictures. Don't think it has any of the extras. I'll probably change my mind between the basic and Target versions several times until then.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 4, 2017, 11:38 PM »
I picked up the Target exclusive edition with the bonus disk.  Total run time was approximately 8 minutes and not worth the extra money at all.  The packaging is cool though and I like that I can change out the cover art.

I watched the standard bonus features and while it did give some insights into how the story came into being and some of the character development, I really felt like they were only skimming the surface.  Specifically when they were discussing how they brought Tarkin and Leia 'to life' in the film.  I think that they could have done a full disk just on this process alone.

I don't know if I've just become jaded by the depth of the Hobbit and LOTR bonus content and the ridiculous amount of detail they go into, or if it's really that there wasn't enough bonus content for RO.  But I really do feel that they could have gone into much more detail, especially as this was the first standalone film from LFL.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2017, 07:05 PM »
I just got the standard Blu-Ray & DVD combo pack (I still use a DVD player, but eventually plan to get a Blu Ray...)  I still greatly enjoyed the movie even on the small screen. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2017, 11:27 PM »
I watched it on Blu-Ray last night.  Nice to have the ability to pause, rewind, etc.  Finally heard the "paging General Syndulla" bit and saw Chopper rolling through the base.  I couldn't spot those two in the theater even with two viewings.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2017, 10:58 AM »
I was watching the bonus disc from the Target exclusive version of ROGUE ONE last night.  And I was surprised to see Moroff in some scenes with Pao on what looked like the Scarif location.  Which was really surprising, since Moroff wasn't on board the stolen Imperial cargo shuttle, and he also didn't appear to hop off of the U-wing that brought in reinforcements.  Strange!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31 PM »
A lot of the ending was reshot, so...instead of Moroff, we got...Less-Roff.  :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2017, 05:52 PM »
The survivors of Jedha including Moroff were meant to take part in the attack on Scarif, but were removed in the reshoots for some reason. Too bad, because those were some cool dudes.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 1, 2017, 10:41 AM »
How did the survivors of Jedha figure out where the rebel base was and to be part of the raid on Scarif?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 1, 2017, 11:38 AM »
There could be all kinds of subplots for this.  The Jedha guys were Rebels, albeit extremists, so it's not all that hard to believe survivors would have joined up with the rest of the Rebels.  Maybe that was too far fetched and that's why they're in the deleted scenes versus the actual movie.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 1, 2017, 11:45 AM »
I think that's exactly it.  Writing a plausible explanation for why Saw's faction of extremists might be accepted back into the Rebel Alliance might have just taken too much time and exposition to explain.  At least within the span of time from the destruction of Jedha until the Scarif raid took place.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: May 1, 2017, 01:17 PM »
At the very start of shooting on Rogue One, "Saw's extremists" didn't exist.  Nor did Chirrut, Baze, or Bodhi.  Jyn was a Sgt in the Rebel Alliance (hence "Sgt Jyn Erso" on the toys).  "Moroff" (or Senna, as he was called at the time) was going to be one of Jyn's squad of rebels on Scariff.

As the plot of Rogue One changed, so too did Jyn's origin.  Moroff was one of the characters axed from Scariff and re-purposed to Jedha to fill out Saw's crew of militants.

The Scariff stuff was some of the earliest stuff to be filmed, which is why so much of the Scariff stuff from the early featurettes (like this one, which has a nice look at Moroff/Senna on Scariff) and early teaser promos of Rebels on Scariff don't really match up to the final cut of the movie.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 4, 2017, 10:23 AM »
I imported the Japanese Blu-Ray of Rogue One for the SH Figuarts Death Trooper, and decided to throw together an album of all the goodies it comes with

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: May 4, 2017, 02:56 PM »
Man US fans got screwed blued and tattoo'd by comparison.  That's a nice little kit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 5, 2017, 01:08 AM »
Yeah, not bad for $120 lol. I believe Japan hasn't latched on to streaming media like the US has so they still buy physical DVDs of movies and companies have to offer cool stuff besides the basic discs we get here in America now. I think that insert with the merchandise is my favorite part, really takes me back to 2004 when you could get a 2 disc DVD for like $13 on release day at Walmart.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 01:43 PM »
So why is there still a spoiler-free version of the Rogue One thread? I'd say anyone on this board who hasn't seen the movie at this point should just give up on being a fan.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram