Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 43968 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2017, 07:30 PM »
I think that if Satine did have Obi-Wan's child, the natural foster parent would probably be Bo-Katan since she and Satine were sisters.  But did we ever see it aluded to in Clone Wars that Satine may have had a child?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Yeah I'm also thinking Bo-Katan is Sabine's mom, though I've heard some other theories.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2017, 02:26 PM »
So do you think there is any creditably to the rumor that Sabine is the child of Satine and Obiwan? How about that Ezra and Sabine are Rey's parents making Rey Obiwan's granddaughter.

Good Lord, I hope none of this turns out to be the case.  Forget the fact that "Satine" having a baby named "Sabine" sounds ridiculous.  Ignore that Obi-wan, one of the most intuitive, empathetic Jedi ever is either ignorant of or completely disconnected from his baby girl.  The real problem is that the writers made a specific point about how Anakin and Obi approached their love interests.  Anakin first maintains the attachment to his mom, leading him to slaughter a Tusken camp.  Then he - very differently from the rest of the Jedi- puts his self interests ahead of the order again with Padme, keeping his feelings and marriage a secret.  The pattern of putting his attachments ahead of the order are what draws him to the dark side.  Conversely, Obi-Wan puts the order above his own self interests, stays celibate despite his feelings for Satine, and dedicates his life to watching over/protecting/training Luke to restore the balance.  If they then say, "Yeah all that, but Obi got a little on the side with Satine and they had a kid," then this becomes the definitive jumping the shark moment in the Star Wars universe.  Extending this ridiculousness even further to Rey being Sabine's kid might actually kill the concept of Star Wars for me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2017, 05:52 PM »
I kind of alluded to in the other thread re: Rey's parents anything outside of Skywalker or Solo requires way too much heavy lifting for the audience. I can see her being a Kenobi, and that opening some doors to some nice possibilities, but for her to be any relation to Satine, Sabine or Ezra is to require the general audience to care or know about characters they simply don't. It would be a great easter egg for fans like us. It would be confusing for anyone else. With Rey's parentage being the central issue of the ST, the answer will be obvious to fans and non fans alike in the sense that her folks are people with big time recognition.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Pretty sweet episode with more Mandalorian vs. Mandolarian battles.  They've got to turn that episode in to an EE exclusive 5 POA figure offering.  Use the Fenn Rau figure and repaint it a bunch of different ways to make a Tristan figure and others, and resculpt to make an Ursa Wren figure.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Is Fenn Rau an animated version of Kenneth Brannaugh?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Fenn Rau is actually voiced by Kevin McKidd (Trainspotting, ROME on HBO, Journeyman on NBC, and Grey's Anatomy on ABC).  So, Brannagh-lite.

But this past week's episode?  Pretty solid.  Seeing the Mando's fight one another was very cool, as was seeing Clan Wren at last.  Sabine's mother is not to be trifled with.  There's still that lingering plot point about her father being held as a hostage on Mandalore.  But with Sabine gone from the crew of the Ghost?  I think we're in somewhat new territory.

The preview for next week seemed a bit stylized.  A first person POV episode might be a little more challenging to take in, but let's see where it goes...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:53 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2017, 11:10 PM »
Notice the Mandalorian baddie was voiced by Ray Stevenson (Kevin McKidd's ROME costar, also Frank Castle in Punisher War Zone and Firefly in GI JOE Retaliation)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39 AM »
Notice the Mandalorian baddie was voiced by Ray Stevenson (Kevin McKidd's ROME costar, also Frank Castle in Punisher War Zone and Firefly in GI JOE Retaliation)

Seriously?  I thought I recognized the voice, but didn't make the connection.  That's pretty awesome!  If only Filoni would have had Gar Saxon call out "13!  13!", or had a scene between Saxon and Fenn Rau.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2017, 12:06 PM »
I read a pretty cool fan theory on what one of the end-game pieces of this series could be (since I think we are headed that way). 

Vader tells Palpatine that his apprentice lives and Palpatine charges Vader to bring her before him so she may be turned to the dark side.  She refuses to turn and pleads for Anakin to help her as Palpatine hits her with the force lightning.  Vader turns his back on her as Palpatine destroys her.

It sounds a little heavy for this show, but I think it would be a pretty cool way to see this loose end tied up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2017, 03:00 PM »

His music is awesome.  Guitarzan is lyrical genius.  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2017, 02:45 AM »
Pretty cool to see Yularen again.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2017, 09:51 AM »
I really liked this episode. Going to be fun to see what happens to Kallus.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Kallas really underestimates  Thrawn. Poor Lt. Lyste...he'll be known as ______-Lyste now.

Apparently Thrawn had the Holy Grail in his office. But how did he get it beyond the seal? (That part of The Last Crusade never made any sense.) And Gree's helmet...hopefully without the severed head inside.

It seems unlikely the captured transport shuttle could escape like that, unless they let it go on purpose.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 4, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Secreted Cargo

Zeb and Ezra's rough housing lets giant oozing snails loose!

No, that's not it. It was Man Mothra. Also, Swede Vender, Gold Loser, and some pilot chick who is lucky to be knocked-out and survive the episode.

It's nice to have the teenage kid show the veteran pilot how to get it done. By nice, I mean grating.

That shuttle had a small crew or Hera let a buncha people die. YOUSA SHUTTLE CREWSA GONNA DIE?

TIE DEFENDER, more like Tie Assaulter.

Hera stole that move from like Star Trek the Next Generation.

Governor Pryce-checker and Admiral Constantsqueam get humiliated again.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2017, 10:07 AM by Scockery »