Author Topic: Amazon has screen scenes 2  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Amazon has screen scenes 2
« on: August 21, 2003, 09:57 AM »
I just ordered the second wave of screen scenes from Amazon. Hopefully if Newforce and Amazon both come through, I'll have my jedi and separatist forces chatting it out soon enough.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Amazon has screen scenes 2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 09:59 AM »
I preordered these a few weeks ago, my account says they are shipping today wheeee! :-*

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 11:57 AM »
I preordered these a few weeks ago, my account says they are shipping today wheeee! :-*

I preordered these th first day they appearded online but my account say not shipped yet.  The date that I preordered was 7-30.  Whats the deal?  OCB, what exactly does your account say about shipping?  Better yet, what is your current estimate for delivery, OCB?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 11:59 AM by Simdog »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 12:03 PM »
Says they are shipping today (they haven't yet) with an delivery estimate of 8/25, I ordered on 8/1

This sort of thing is common on pre-orders, last fall people who ordered Simpsons exclusives the day they were in stock got them weeks before people who had preorderd months before

It is weird how it works
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 12:04 PM by OCB »

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 12:14 PM »
I just emailed them and I sure wish I could call.  Thats sucks!  You wouldn't happen to have their number would you.  I am just dying to talk to some one about this.  I need to contact them before I get screwed.  I did, however see on one account page that an instant update says my orders are processing.  This is not on the main account page and it is bothering me.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Simpsons Amazon Thread  

This is long but a offers some explanations on how the whole thing works, some phone numbers in there too

Phone: (800) 201-7575

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 12:30 PM »
Thanks for the number.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Hmmmm. I just might have to make an order now. :)
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 04:20 PM »
How much does Amazon rack you for shipping on these?  I want to order them but not pay like $20 Shipping on the sets....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 08:20 PM »
I ordered them on Friday (thanks for the heads up Lando), and with shipping it is going to se me back a total of about $65 for the both of them.  Kinda pricey... but with the way retail is these days, I'll go ahead and pay a little extra.  Who knows how hard these will be to find at retail!

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2003, 03:27 PM »
I was curious, has anyone received the Jedi Council Set number 2 from Amazon?  I was fortunate enough to find the first one at Target this weekend, and I thought about just waiting it out...but if the second set is actually shipping now, that would be tempting.  I was just curious if anyone had received theirs yet, or if there was going to be a little bit of a wait.

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 05:30 PM »
I ordered them right when they showed up online with the "ships in 2-3 days" note on them on the 16th. They've yet to ship. I mailed on Friday and got a response that they were indeed shipping and should be on the way by Wednesday. I hold NO faith in that happening. Amazon/TRU has always given me fits with their shipping habits, and I don't expect anything better from them this time. But, then again, they've gotten that way with other things like DVDs as well, where they can't even ship something out within 5 days of a title's street date.

I can't recall a good experience with them on toys, but I keep coming back like a sucker since all the hassle is just slightly better than hitting stores these days, and the risk that if you miss them at retail this year, you're F'ed.

Someone pls post if theirs ships!

J

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 12:14 AM »
Still says the same...

Shipping estimate: Aug 21, 2003
Delivery estimate: Aug 25, 2003 - Aug 26, 2003

No update, no shipping notice.  I am not at all shocked.  If you read the Simpsons thread above the same thing happened then, things are late getting to their warehouse blah blah...don't be shocked too if you get a notice saying that they won't be carrying this item any longer.

Their service usually stinks but I have always gotten all of my preorders, sometimes behind retail but they usually do come :-*

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 12:18 AM »
My email said that it won't ship until September 4th.  But, if I can save myself the stress and gas of running around looking...I can deal.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2003, 01:06 AM »
Still unchanged after 11 days idle. Ship estimate says the 27th-30th.