Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130910 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #510 on: August 17, 2008, 07:39 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #511 on: August 17, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Its alright, i prefer the other tracks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 17, 2008, 09:30 PM »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 18, 2008, 08:32 AM »
I just want to know why the hell it's taking so long if the record company has the album and when the **** we're going to get it in our hands.  I think all the hype that's surrounding this album may in effect kill the willingness of fringe fans to buy it. This may end up being a case of trying to hype something because it's really not that good.

I haven't listened to all the tracks that have been "made available", but from what I have listened to, I'm not all that stoked or excited about this album. For whatever reason, a lot of the stuff just doesn't have that GnR sound to it...at least in the traditional sense of remembering AFD and how badass that album was, some of the stuff doesn't even compare to the mediocre stuff from the Illusions albums.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:34 AM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #514 on: August 18, 2008, 08:51 AM »
Word is GnR is negotiating for this album to be released exclusively at one retailer.  They're considering either Walmart of Best Buy.  If it's Walmart, would the album not be allowed to have the parental warning sticker?  I don't know if they ever reversed that policy.

Rest assured we'll see it soon.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2008, 11:44 AM »
One retailer?  You have to be f-ing kidding me!  We'll never get the damn album now.  They will negotiate that for another 3 years.  LOL!  Just release the damn thing already. 

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2008, 01:45 PM »
I just want to know why the hell it's taking so long if the record company has the album and when the **** we're going to get it in our hands.  I think all the hype that's surrounding this album may in effect kill the willingness of fringe fans to buy it. This may end up being a case of trying to hype something because it's really not that good.

I haven't listened to all the tracks that have been "made available", but from what I have listened to, I'm not all that stoked or excited about this album. For whatever reason, a lot of the stuff just doesn't have that GnR sound to it...at least in the traditional sense of remembering AFD and how badass that album was, some of the stuff doesn't even compare to the mediocre stuff from the Illusions albums.

That's the biggest misconception.  That GNR was built and made by 5 guys living day to day.  Read Slash's book.  It will never happen again, even if the original 5 reunite.

A current day GNR would sound like a mix of VR and this new GNR.  The sound has changed, but we knew that already.  However, Axl & Baz have said that CD "will have something for everybody", so there is still hope for a bluesy-rock track.

The latest leak is called "Chicken Dinner".  The original leaker (MisterSaintLaurent) says the file was called that.  The June leaker (Skwerl) says that his info says it is 'Shackler's Revenge'.  We'll know for sure in less than a month whn RB2 is released, but most likely sooner.  I don't know who or how MSL got ahold of this track, but he posted at MyGNRForums.com that he leaked it, and he has a lot of creditability over there for stuff.  His website also has a new release date: November 25, 2008. Take it for what it's worth.

This leak is very different from the other in that reportedly this file was ripped from iTunes.  The file is an MP4, not an MP3, and the file contained the following artwork:

I didn't like it at first, but it is growing on me.  Can't imagine trying to sing, strum, or bang the drums to this song in RB2.  Defintetly harder and crazier than anything else leaked.

Now here is the other strong rumor circulating outside of the GNR websites - the new GNR will perform Sept 7 at the 2008 MTV VMAs.  Anyone see the Britney Spears VMA commercial?  (Who the hell is Russel Brand anyway?)  No explaination as to the elephant in the background, but there is a lot of mention of an elephant sound in 'Chicken Dinner/Shackler's Revnge' at the 2:25 mark.  It could be a very subtle, wierd way to signify GNR's performance. 

Too many things happening this year for the album to NOT be released.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:52 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Artwork is a very good sign. Very awesome to see soemthing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #518 on: August 25, 2008, 01:31 PM »

Ryan

I just saw some of your friends and their bikes had broken down, I pulled over and they started running up to my Jeep anticipating a ride in to town, I then pulled away as fast as I could and yelled out the window "Blame Sprry75, *******!!!!"

Because this made me leak a little bit of pee into my magic Mormon underwear, I no longer think I am obligated to kill myself for offending you (after Chinese Democracy comes out).

So the other day I was out mowing the lawn, wearing the traditional lawn-mowing attire (hat, t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops), you know, like you do, and it's extremely hot and muggy outside.  Like 97 degrees or something.  Anyway, I was walking along and who did I run into but the two guys above (or clones of them--but let's face it:  they're all clones, anyway, aren't they?) walking their bicycles down the road.  I thought to myself "aww, ****," as there was no way to avoid talking to these guys.  They say hello, and I say hello, and then one of them says "you're seriously out mowing the lawn on a day like this?"

I say "got to, man" and then, in one of the oddest things I've ever said in my life, I said "you guys are seriously out riding your bikes in those get-ups on a day like this?"  (Yes, I actually used the word "get-ups.")  They laugh and the one guy says "got to, man."  I thought my smart-assed comment had saved me from any Jesus pitch but as I walked away, they offered to help.  (?!)  I said no and continued on walking.

*I realized several minutes after the fact that "the lawn's not gonna mow itself, now, is it?" would have been a better response than "got to, man," but I just wasn't that quick, I guess.  Oh well.

(And I know this is slightly off-topic here, but until Jedi Defender has a Mormon Chat section of it's very own, this'll have to do.)

(Oh, and by the way, **** all y'all.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:02 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 25, 2008, 01:54 PM »
They offered to help with the yard?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 25, 2008, 02:11 PM »
Apparently they're allowed to drive cars now as they were harrassing me from a Geo as I was getting out of my car a few months back.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #521 on: August 25, 2008, 02:33 PM »
They offered to help with the yard?

Yes they did and I almost wish I would have said yes, so I could have seen exactly how that would have went down.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2008, 02:55 PM »
They'd be at your door every week wanting to talk.  My wife accepted a pamphlet from an LDS that came to our door one time - she ended up coming back constantly.  She loaned us a book.  (Actually she loaned it to me saying my wife requested it, which she didn't)  Then she came back to see if we'd read it to our girls.  It was educational, you see.  She'd be bugging us to this day if we hadn't moved to another city.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #523 on: August 25, 2008, 03:32 PM »
(And I know this is slightly off-topic here, but until Jedi Defender has a Mormon Chat section of it's very own, this'll have to do.)

gee, Matt, is there some other place with a Mormon Chat section of its very own?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #524 on: August 25, 2008, 03:46 PM »
gee, Matt, is there some other place with a Mormon Chat section of its very own?

Not that I'm personally aware of, but I'm sure there's probably some cult websites set up especially for the Mormons, so they have people to talk to.  I don't think any of these Star Wars nerd boards have anything like that, though.