Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130406 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #60 on: March 7, 2004, 12:27 PM »
Maybe I'll pick up that Ritz DVD on Ebay at the same time I finally get around to picking up the 1992 Oklahoma DVD, too.  Thanks for the tip.

And I myself, have never heard any of the Tracii Guns stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I finally got my "Welcome to the Videos" DVD the other day, and just now realized that my purchasing it, along with the UYI DVDs, is perhaps a sign that I officially have more money than I know what to do with.

Well, not really.

But man, it sucks too.

Of course, we all know that "You Could Be Mine" was left off, due to the T2 footage (and the video has been left off all the T2 DVDs because of the GN'R footage, natch) but something I just realized:

They didn't include the "new" videos they did for the "Live Era 87/93" release back in '99!  

IIRC, they did a "new" video for "Jungle"--which was just a compilation of a bunch of live footage.  I think they might have done a similar one for "It's So Easy", too, but I never saw that one.

Thanks, Geffen/Universal, for throwing the fans a bone, and including the new videos with the new DVD.

Oh, wait.  You didn't.

"Copyright 1998".  Good stuff.

Jesus Christ, the older I get, and the more I think about this band and their record label, and how things have been handled by everyone involved, the more disgusted I become. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #61 on: March 9, 2004, 01:53 AM »
Hey, for this thread, I thought I'd add that big ol' Axl Rant from the 1992 Oklahoma bootleg that I love so much, that I typed up and used in a Rebelscum thread last year.

So, I've been searching for it over there, and of course, it's nowhere to be found, so I guess someone "moved" it or something.

Hey, look what I found!

(You'll have to fill in the blanks, kids.)

You believe all the **** you read?

I said, you believe all the **** you read?

You ever wonder why you're given so much **** to read?

You're given a lot of **** to read . . .because. . . there's a lot of ****in' people out there who, uh. . . I don't think I should even give them the credit to say they're very conscious of that which they are doing. . .

But it's mainly because they don't want things like this post here at Rebelscum to ****ing happen.

Yeah, there's a, there's a lot of people who don't know why they do things. . . But some of the reasons behind that, are they don't want the people like you, that are here today, to see some little loud-mouthed ****er like me, who crawled out of some ****hole somewhere, and worked his way up onto this message board!

They don't want--there's something out there that doesn't want people like you to realize that you can do whatever the **** you want with your goddamn life.

And unless--there are those, that unless they got a piece of the pie, unless they got a piece of your *** , unless they got a piece of your life, they just don't want it to happen. You do it their way, or you don't do it.

Well they can suck my **** .

I believe that deep inside everybody, there's something inside you that knows what the **** it is you're supposed to do with your life, and no matter what anybody tells you, if you keep lookin', and if you keep diggin', you're gonna find it, and you can be the person you're ****in' meant to be on this goddamn planet.

And don't let anybody, anybody ever get in your way. . . including me.

And I know it's not, like the most humane thing, but, you can, uh, when it gets real rough, you can think of a little theme song, that somebody wrote, namely Mr. Paul McCartney. And when they're tryin' to keep you down, just hold on and know that someday, you'll bust out and you'll get under your own **** and they won't be able to ****ing keep up with your *** , and you can be thinking: Just live and let die, mother****er.

Motivational Speaking by Virex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: March 9, 2004, 11:22 PM »
That's classic, fivehorizons posted this a few weeks ago...Wes C Addle at the show I went to in Milwaukee

"Power to the people man.... The real people, the people that work, not the people that sit in their towers, and try to run the whole thing, thinking that we're too stupid to notice what they're doing! They get us in our little holes, and our boxes, and our cages and they show us American Idol and American Gladiators and American .... blowjob, butt****, whatever. And everyone watches with baited breath. Oh, who's going to get a blowjob tonight? What American's going to get a blowjob tonight? When in reality, you could be getting one yourself instead of watching the ******* TV, I don't know. I digress. I'm going to get a guitar."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2004, 12:57 AM »
That's classic, fivehorizons posted this a few weeks ago...Wes C Addle at the show I went to in Milwaukee

Yeah, that's a great story.

It'd be even better if it was posted in the "Welcome to the Jungle PJ Fan Club" thread, where it belongs. . .

::)

Yeah, that's right. . .

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2004, 11:40 AM »
In other non-Gn'R news, tracks from the Velvet Revolver CD have started to leak out, I have not personally heard them

Also...my $12.00 is now $12.02!!!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Geffen Records Prevails Over Axl Rose Lawsuit

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A federal judge on Monday cleared the way for Geffen Records to release a greatest-hits album next week from the rock band Guns N' Roses over the objection of its lead singer, Axl Rose (news).

Rose sued Geffen, a unit of Universal Music Group under Vivendi Universal, seeking to prevent the best-of collection from being released, claiming he was not consulted on the choice or remixing of material for the album.

He was joined as a plaintiff in the suit, filed last Friday, by two band members from the original lineup -- guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan (news) -- even though their rights to the Guns N' Roses name was signed over to Rose years ago when they left the group.

But U.S. District Judge Dale Fischer denied their request for a temporary restraining order, allowing Geffen to issue the album as planned next Tuesday. A hearing on a motion for a preliminary injunction was set for next month.

"Their lawsuit is meritless," Universal Music spokesman Peter LoFrumento said. "Fortunately, since the court has denied their application for a temporary restraining order, the album will be released as scheduled on March 23."

According to the lawsuit, Rose objected to the selection of songs for the compilation album, the timing of its release, the album's artwork and the re-mastering of the original tapes.

The album features 14 tracks in all and eight of Guns N' Roses' hit singles, including "Welcome to the Jungle, "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" from the mega-selling 1987 album "Appetite for Destruction."

The group's last studio album, "The Spaghetti Incident?," was issued in 1993. A 2002 MTV appearance by a reconstituted Guns N' Roses, with Rose as the lone member from the band's heyday, helped spark interest in the group's new lineup, but a subsequent U.S. tour was cut short.

The suit, which accuses Geffen of trademark infringement and breach of contract, says the label is barred under its contract with Guns N' Roses from altering its master recordings without the band's permission.

A statement from Rose's manager added that the greatest-hits set "will hinder the release of the band's long-awaited new studio album, 'Chinese Democracy."'

Geffen officials had no further comment on the dispute. But a source familiar with the situation said the label has been waiting seven years for Rose to deliver "Chinese Democracy" and has poured $13 million into production of that album after repeated promises that he was about to finish the project.

"Every year there's been a new reason why Axl is not done with the record," the source told Reuters, adding that Geffen went ahead with the greatest-hits package only because Rose failed to come through with "Chinese Democracy." "Had he delivered this record like he promised seven years ago, this would not be happening right now."

A representative for Rose was not immediately available for comment.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2004, 10:18 AM »
A statement from Rose's manager added that the greatest-hits set "will hinder the release of the band's long-awaited new studio album, 'Chinese Democracy."' :P

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Yeah, I love that part.

Maybe it'd be worth buying that record next week just to help piss Axl off some more. . .

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2004, 11:02 AM »
More of the same--but I found the last paragraph of interest, since it concerns the horrible track-listing.  I am kind of curious, though, about the remastered tracks, too. . .

Guns N' Roses Members Sue Label To Block Greatest Hits CD

Singer W. Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan have joined forces once again. No, they're not re-forming the original Guns N' Roses, they're suing former label Geffen Records to block the release of a compilation album due March 23.

The musicians filed their civil suit in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, seeking a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction against the Greatest Hits disc (see "Guns N' Roses' Greatest Due In March, But Axl May Intervene"). The bandmembers claim they had no say in the choice of songs, artwork, release date or re-mastering.

In a press statement, the band's management said, "Not only will audiences be misled into believing that the planned compilation is an authorized release, but [the Greatest Hits album] will hinder the release of the band's long-awaited new studio album, Chinese Democracy."

The press statement added that "there has been a massive outcry among the band's loyal audience against the Greatest Hits record" and that the fans "believe the track selection is fundamentally flawed, does not reflect the band's best work and is clearly not the ultimate package that would be selected by the band or their fanbase if they were given the opportunity."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 01:29 PM by Billy Corgan »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2004, 01:26 PM »
I've seen those little dudes in Rolling Stone, they've played more gigs than big "Gn'r" and Velvet Revolver combined in the last 11 years

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2004, 01:04 AM »
cool

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2004, 01:05 AM »
ranch

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2004, 01:05 AM »
dressing.

8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2004, 02:28 AM »
So that Greatest Hits package is coming out, eh? Guess Geffen needs to try and recoup the $13 million they've wasted on the nonexistant Chinese Democracy album.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk