Author Topic: Reunions or Concerts that will never happen  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Reunions or Concerts that will never happen
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2003, 02:57 PM »
3 Points here:

Primus will tour again.  They have reunited to record a new album.  Tour will follow.

But will Herb be back playing Drums?  Or will it be Brain again?

Pink Floyd is all done. As far as money is concerned, they are loaded. David Gilmour within the last year donated millions (one of his castles, money and tons of his equipment for charity) .  His response:  I cant take it with me and I have more than enough money.  Another reason they will not tour is that they have been averaging a new album like every 8-10 years.  Plus there tours are very demanding and last like 3-4 years each.  

Waters might be the one in need of the money.  Plus, Nick Mason, while a full member, doesn't get much of the royalty money.  He might be in favor as well.  Richard Wright is more of a hired hand since he got ousted from the band before The Final Cut.  So, he might be interested as well.  Gilmour is the best off financially, so he's the only one I could see holding out.

As for Zep, I understand without Bonham that the circle is not complete.  But a drummer, even as good as Bonham, can be replaced.  Jason was rumored at one point.  I saw the Page and Plant tour, and while entertaining they have lost all of there mojo.  I am more interested in them touring under the Led Zep name and with Jonesy on bass.

Jonesy's been touring on his own.  He put out a couple of album's, and I saw him open for King Crimson.  From an artistic standpoint, he's doing much better work than Page or Plant have done in their respective solo careers.  AND, he put on a killer show.  Seeing King Crimson after him, I actually felt sorry for them follow him.  He and his band stole the show.

As for rumors of Jason Bonham filling in...just rumors.  He's following down his father's path in terms of drug and drink problems, so that's not very likely.  And as for their collective finances, they're all in good shape following the DVD and live album releases.  I would say a tour is fairly unlikely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 03:10 PM »
While I agree on the Pink Floyd thoughts, one thing came to mind.  I still consider them Pink Floyd without Waters, yet I wouldnt consider them Pink Floyd without Gilmour.  Sounds screwy but thats the way I feel.

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 12:51 AM »
I could die a happy man if I saw the original Mighty Van Halen play just once.
And I would die a happier man if Page, Plant, and Jones played together again as well, preferrably with a Bonham on drums.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2003, 02:35 AM »
Not sure how many people here know of them, but I want more than anything for Refused to get back together.

But with Dennis in the International Noise Conspiracy and the apparent trouble they got into with Epitaph records, I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 11:07 PM »
Found this while searching for the other concerts thread--thought it'd be fun to bump it up, because. . .  since this thread was last posted to (over four years ago!  :o ) the following, previously-mentioned groups have either done one-off concerts or full-blown reunion tours:

Led Zeppelin*
Pink Floyd
The Police
Rage Against the Machine
Van Halen*
Spice Girls
Alice in Chains*

*missing original member due to death  :'( or due to the fact that Eddie is an ******* of a nearly-unbelievable magnitude

And there have been other bands, like the Pixies and My Bloody Valentine, who weren't mentioned originally, who have gotten back together after lengthy hiatuses recently, too.

Just goes to show:  Never underestimate the power of the almighty dollar Euro.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Too bad the Pink Floyd reunion was only a three set gig at Live 8.  I saw them in 1994 and would love to see them live again with or without Waters in the line-up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Too bad the Pink Floyd reunion was only a three set gig at Live 8.  I saw them in 1994 and would love to see them live again with or without Waters in the line-up.

Bide your time, barring someone dying I'd bet it'll happen.  I'd be thrilled to see them too and I expect to have the opportunity within the next five years.  Most of these bands toured when they could charge about $30 for a ticket instead of $200.  There's a lot more Scotch to be bought in this lifetime and this means you can upgrade again.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 06:14 PM »
  Most of these bands toured when they could charge about $30 for a ticket instead of $200. 

that's the truth.  to me it hardly matters who gets back together.  if it costs $400 for me and my wife to go, i'm probably not going.   probably the only band i would shell out some real dough like that to see is rage against the machine.  they are pretty much the only band i ever wanted to see but never had the chance.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I thought it was pretty amusing to look over the entire thread and see who actually toured again as well.

As fro me, I'd die a happy man to see Genesis tour with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."