Author Topic: GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line  (Read 35 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:44 AM »
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/01/13/g-i-joe-classified-6-inch-action-figure-line-67626

New 6 line called GI Joe Classified. First wave is:
Snake Eyes
Destro
Duke
Scarlett
Roadblock

Glad to see Joe coming back, but Im not sold on the 6 scale. Guess Ill wait and see how they look at Toy Fair.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:07 AM by Jeff »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Much like Star Wars, 3 3/4 always seems like THE scale for Joes....but that being said Im pretty excited about the prospect of a 6 Joe line. In general, Hasbro hits it out of the park with this scale. Looking at Black Series a and Marvel Legends, or even their Power Rangers or Overwatch lines, you get a pretty quality figure for $20-ish.

I also think Im more open to this scale because I was so happy with the 25th/30th/etc run of figures we got a few years ago. I know there is always more that can be done, or improvements, but that is a line where I feel pretty complete (figure wise at least). The only drawback is the vehicle/play set side of things, much like Star Wars.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44 AM »
The real issue with the 6" scale is the viability of vehicles.  Maybe we'll get a RAM or JUMP, but anything bigger than a VAMP is likely out of the question.  A 6" scale Trouble Bubble would be pretty awesome though.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:34 AM »
The real issue with the 6" scale is the viability of vehicles.  Maybe we'll get a RAM or JUMP, but anything bigger than a VAMP is likely out of the question.  A 6" scale Trouble Bubble would be pretty awesome though.

At the same time, even the 3 3/4" vehicles would be a tough sell these days, if we are going by the Star Wars precedent of $80 Combat Tanks and TIEs and $100 X-Wings. HasLab, we need ya!

I was never a big Joe collector, but I did snatch up the 25th anniversary 5-packs when they came out years ago to satisfy the nostalgia itch for those mains. My first Joes in 83 or 84 were Destro, Scarlet, and a Cobra Soldier, and they were basically purchased to supplement my Star Wars toy adventures, so this first wave interests me (even though I have resisted 6" Star Wars all these years.)