Author Topic: Stupid Music Downloads  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Stupid Music Downloads
« on: August 31, 2003, 11:25 PM »
I'm by no means an avid downloader, I just go to the trough once in a while.  Unfortunately, I'm no expert on getting what I want, and with how many different "versions" and remixes of songs that are out there, it can be a royal pain.

My questions to you guys is what are you doing right to get the songs you want?  What sites/servers or whatever are you using?

I've been trying for THREE freaking days to get "Magic Stick" (Lil Kim and 50 Cent) mixed with the old "Stroke Me" song...  This thing's getting lots of Radio play around here, I enjoy the song, but I'll be damned if I can find this (Uncensored or even Censored) online.

I keep getting a different mix every time I download, but NEVER have I found the mix I want.  I'd love an uncensored version of it but I dunno what I'm doing wrong on Grokster.

Any help?  Anyone got it and wanna just swap it with me some other way? :)  That'd be ideal and appreciated haha.

God this is frustrating, and I'm on dial-up so it's REALLY irritating for me. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Music Downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 11:37 PM »
Dial up?  That a big problem with downloading. You need Cable or ADSL my friend.

I use WinMX & Morpheus

No problems with them. As a matter of fact, I'm downloading Magic Stick right now with WinMX & it should be done in 15 mins!  :-*

If it goes through OK, I'll put it on my server so you can grab it.  ;)

PS, get rid of Grokster. To much spy crap in there!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2003, 12:22 AM »
Hey DSJ,

Thanks for the offer man.  For now, I'm gonna make a try at getting it in .mp3 format though.

I'd get High Speed, but DSL is VERY expensive here because the Phone Company has a bit of a monopoly going on...  They control the lines and aren't letting anyone else start high speed and use their lines right now.  Cable is SUPPOSED to be available soon, or even now (I need to call again) but I've not heard for sure on that.  

I wanted Cable foremost, but it's been a long wait till they've decided that our area was worth their effort.  Bunch of idiots.

The whole DSL thing just pi$$es me off around here though, because the phone company makes you use their stuff and they charge you outrageously for it.  They offer DSL Lite which is good for downloads but not uploads, so it screws up net gaming which is one of the things I look forward to when I get high speed so I've never jumped on DSL Lite which is substantially cheaper.

Hopefully Cable's here soon or now though!

And tahnks again for the offer.  I'll try Morpheus to see if I can get it in .mp3 first though since Media Player is a hastle for me.

Oh, and Grokster may be out the window here because half the crap I look for I just can't find there anymore.  I don't keep my files in Grokster (I cut/paste them to a separate .mp3 file which was for Napster till I got kicked off that server for having Roy Orbison tunes, haha).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2003, 12:27 AM »
Not a problem. I do have the uncensored version in audio file (mp3) fo ya if you still want it. Faster that way.  ;)

Just PM me & I can link you up. Your choice!  :-*