Author Topic: 2024 TVC Troop Builder X-Wing Pilot 4-Pack  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 TVC Troop Builder X-Wing Pilot 4-Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 11:02 PM »
Just got an email that this one’s delivery date is now December 2.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 6, 2024, 11:33 AM »
And now it's November 4...

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 6, 2024, 11:51 AM »
Same

I know its just a bot that is sending these updates, but when its months and months out, I really don't care if its Dec 2 or Nov 4. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 6, 2024, 12:13 PM »
I know its just a bot that is sending these updates, but when its months and months out, I really don't care if its Dec 2 or Nov 4.

Same here, but I've read complaints about people who budget their toy expenses and when something comes in early, it messes it up for them.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2024, 01:28 PM »
Yeah me either.  I'm good enough that some toys piling up doesn't mean I can't pay my mortgage.  Honestly I feel like if you're cutting it so close that preorders mess you up that much you might want to consider getting out of toy collecting anyway.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 6, 2024, 05:44 PM »
This is just another weird conversation to me. My mortgage is paid just fine every month. It's still nice to have a general idea how many things are hitting at one time. So thank you Amazon for the updates even if I'm sure the date will change again.

And even if someone is living on a tighter budget, who cares what "enjoyment" things they choose to buy. Having specific release dates would be very helpful for them to not irresponsibly spend some month
« Last Edit: June 6, 2024, 05:50 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 6, 2024, 06:28 PM »
Fair enough.  I just consider toy collecting superfluous and it would be the first thing to go if it was ever causing financial stress.  You're right though in the sense that other people's budgeting is none of my business.  In the past I've gotten annoyed when Gentle Giant would have 6 months with almost nothing then 5 mini-busts ship all at the same time, so yeah I suppose I get it.