Author Topic: The EU Character is...  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
The EU Character is...
« on: September 13, 2003, 09:50 AM »
Durge :-[

-Lets clarify a little about the "new bad guy" that is talked about in almost every chat. He is not a sith or a jedi traitor. He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat. He has never been seen before (but keep your eyes peeled to the Cartoon Network). He is going to be cool as all heck, BUT he won't steal any thunder from when you see mechanical Darth Vader for the first time.

Offline DarthStiffler

• Jedi Initiate
  • i am the chosen one, alright lets dance
    • View Profile
Re: The EU Character is...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 12:02 PM »
it was mentioned on hyperspace  that its not durge or that female called something like assij  ventress
i should poke out your eyes with a cork screw & shuve'em far up you buttocks so you can see the crapp being kicked out of you !! all together now SERANITY NOW !!!

Jango Fettish

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 12:03 PM »
So, a Bounty Hunter that looks like a really bad Jason X concept, who wears a jetpack, drives a Speeder Bike and now he carries lightsabers?!?

This guy is officially the most ******* ridiculous Star Wars character of all time.

Sounds more like Asajj Ventress then Durge.

EDIT: It most def. is not Durge, because Asajj Ventress is the one with 2 lightsabers, and both of those characters have already been seen/mentioned in the Clone Wars comics.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 12:07 PM by Cory H »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 01:32 PM »
Isn't Asajj a she...the spy report says he10.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 04:52 PM »
Apparently this guy has his info twisted.

*Asajj Ventress is a she
*Asajj Ventress and Durge already appeared in Empire
*Asajj Ventress is known to carry 2 lightsabers
*Durge is a Bounty Hunter, no Jedi/Sith affiliation
*Boba Fett/Daniel Logan has been cast since April

Sounds like this guy is way off, and is passing off his speculation as rumors.

Durge is almost totally ruled out of being the new E.U. character, by his description alone.

Komari Vosa, another 2 lightsaber weilding Sithtress is ruled out, because she died before Episode 2 apparently, thanks to Jango.

I wouldn't take any of what this guy is guessing on as truth, fact, or anything other than speculation like I said.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 09:13 PM »
I agree it does sound like Asajj...

Logan has not been officially cast yet, Boba Fett does not appear on the Cast List or Databank entry

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/castcrew.html

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 04:45 PM »
Well...sounds like neither Durge nor Asajj are in the movie...

Fans have been asking just how the Clone War cartoons will fit into continuity of Episode II and III and we've managed to find a few details. Basically, Durge and Asajj Ventress have been considered standard EU characters who aren’t in Episode III. As we know, the animated series The Clone Wars take place between Episodes II and III and on no way have influenced the master himself as he's worked on the production of SW3. In fact, Lucas rarely has input into the EU stuff in the animation, books, comics, etc except laying out the broad area where the authors and animators and artists can work.
So basically The Clone Wars will help you 'enrich the story' like say Animatrix, but they definitely aren't required viewing to get the most out of Episode III. But us? We're not going to miss a one.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 12:24 PM »
I agree it does sound like Asajj...

Logan has not been officially cast yet, Boba Fett does not appear on the Cast List or Databank entry

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/castcrew.html

I think it might be Boba Fett.  I know Logan does not appear on the list.  Is there a law that says they MUST print who is in the film.  This early on?  Plus, it does not have to be Daniel Logan either.  Now we learned that the new bad guy wears white armor.  Like Dusthro mentioned in another thread that Early McQuarrie artwork for Ep3 shows Boba Fett in white armor and was intended to be a commander/leader of the Stormtroopers.  

I think it's possible anyway.  I am not sold on it or wishing it be so.  It's just to odd that Boba would not be in it to me.  Plus, I could see Boba showing up in the Clone Wars series at some point.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 12:30 PM »
I'm sticking with my theory, because I do think it's going to be Boba Fett.
dustrho

Offline hannibalplan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • DC Metro Area Star Wars Collecting Club
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 02:52 PM »
I think the EU character will probably be the ARC Trooper, because he supposedly has a close relationship with Obi-Wan due to them fighting in the Clone Wars together....
Great to deal with: DarthDave, etobicoke fett, dustrho, ScruffyLookin

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Yeah you are probably correct afterall.  An ARC trooper would make sense.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2003, 05:13 PM »
Commando Clone units were mentioned in E2...  ARC's wouldn't be a surprise to me at all if they were to show in E3 at this point.

Why mention them if you didn't intend to show them at some point, ya know?  They were Yoda's personal command Clones it seemed in E2...  It all seems to jive and the ARC isn't a terribly "off" design for EU.  Lucas tends to not always like EU's style for his films so I'd be shocked if it were something like Durge or the Sith Chick.  ARC's just look like a clone with extra stuff because they're more "important" guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2003, 10:05 AM »
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/explore/timeline/22.html

This pretty much confirms that the guy will appear in the last episode of the Clone Wars cartoon...juicy scoop there

He is the Droid General and reports have him named General Grievous

He will be CGI in the movie supposedly, able to wield 4 lightsabers at once...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2003, 10:21 AM »
The spy report made it sound more like the lightsabers come out of his forearms. Maybe he'll be more like Wolverine, with lightsaber blades rather than adamantium claws.

Personally, I'm kinda excited about this character. He does seem like a resurrection of ideas from the original screenplays. I think there was a character at one point who was all robot, but with a human brain.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2003, 05:12 PM »
Really?  I think this character sounds a bit cheesy.  Yet all the reports say he's super cool an all so he probably is.  A cyborg dude does sound kind of good I suppose.  I keep envision something like Bane from Batman.