Author Topic: Jedi Points Possiblities  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jedi Points Possiblities
« on: September 16, 2003, 08:39 AM »
Just was curious as to what people thought will be offered in the JP promotion coming up.  Here is what I would guess or should I say hope for.

Toyfair Vader
Jorg Sacul
Silver R2-D2
Silver Boba Fett
2nd generation commtech chips
Autographs
Prototype POTF2-SAGA
Wave 2 Cantina
Army Builder Packs (Stormtroopers, Endor, etc)
Posters (Film and Action figure)
Misc. Fanclub items (passes, patches, etc)
Mini Legos
Leftover pegwarmers from fanclub

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Jedi Points Possiblities
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 08:10 PM »
My guess is no prototypes will be in the auction. Hasbro is not fond of allowing prototypes to leave their grasps. In the Transformers collecting community there have been a lot of "raids" on sites that post pics of protos and auctions which sell protos. Based on that, I wouldn't think Hasbro would openly sell there own protos, especially when it is supposed to be common procedure for protos to be destroyed when their usefulness runs out. However a lot of what you suggest could come to fruition, leftover exclusives like Jorg or Vader, leftover items from the Fan Club store (still ran by WOTC which is a Hasbro subsidary). I'd love to see some Army Builder sets available, so long as it was affordable for as many people as possible to get their hands on them. I do have a feeling though we will also see tons of unsold stock moved through these auctions, this can be good or bad, we could get stuff that never really made retail like the 2nd wave Ep1 accessory sets but we can also get garbage like returned Jango Fetts that don't even move for $2 at KB. I've yet to count how many Jedi Pts I have, my guess is somewhere around 2500, but I know there are goiong to be people with JPs in the 5 digit range and if these auctions aren't ran right we could see the minority gobble up everything before the majority even has a chance :(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 12:17 AM »
Not sure about seeing...

Autographs
Wave 2 Cantina
Posters (Film and Action figure)
Misc. Fanclub items (passes, patches, etc)
Mini Legos

Much of what is mentioned above is not Habro product. The wave 2 Cantina could be part of it though seeing as these are still due to see release not sure they'll go w/ them on that venue.

As for prototypes... There is actually a very good chance we'll see a few on the auction block. I have heard a few that are supposedly going up even... They are Hasbro property and therefore they can do as they wish w/ them. The reason Hasbro has puts the smack down is because people selling them do not belong w/ them in the first place.

It's no different than MR offering Artist Proofs to their Gold circle members.

Hasbro also won't be making anything on these prototypes if they do run some off on the auction block...
So from what I have gathered there is actually a pretty good chance at seeing so out there...

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 06:24 AM »
screw figures that only obsessive fanboys with 100,000 points will get.

I want hasbro to offer us 'lower' collectors sets of 5 stands like the ones in the TRU 4-packs for maybe 100-200 points each or something...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 07:12 PM »
screw figures that only obsessive fanboys with 100,000 points will get.

I want hasbro to offer us 'lower' collectors sets of 5 stands like the ones in the TRU 4-packs for maybe 100-200 points each or something...

i think for 100-200 points we should easily be able to get a nice army builder figure. that kinda JMP cost equates to buying 10-20 action figures, for having bought that many figures we should be able to get at least an action figure in this auction. keyword being should...   ???
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 07:14 PM »
i think for 100-200 points we should easily be able to get a nice army builder figure. that kinda JMP cost equates to buying 10-20 action figures, for having bought that many figures we should be able to get at least an action figure in this auction. keyword being should...   ???

I totally agree with you.  When Kenner had their Boba Fett figure special, you only had to buy what... 3 figures or something to get Boba Fett for free?
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 09:48 PM »
I like your army builder idea Jason...

I would actually reverse my opinion on these if Stormtroopers, Red Battledroids, Army Builder 3-packs, or the Imperial 4-pack were put up on auction in grand #'s.

I'd just sink every point I have into army builders if that were the case.  

Stormie 4-packs go up?  Bam there'd go the vast majority of my points I think. :)

Much better than these lame things like Silver figures or Saculs...  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 10:12 PM »
I like your army builder idea Jason...

I would actually reverse my opinion on these if Stormtroopers, Red Battledroids, Army Builder 3-packs, or the Imperial 4-pack were put up on auction in grand #'s.

I'd just sink every point I have into army builders if that were the case.  

Stormie 4-packs go up?  Bam there'd go the vast majority of my points I think. :)

Much better than these lame things like Silver figures or Saculs...  Blah.

I'd be just like you JJ, all over as many Army builders as I could get. These are top priority for me and I so hope Hasbro is listening and will give us CT Stormies, Imp Officers, Red BD's, etc.

dusthro: yeah thats how i see it too. back in the day hasbro and kenner would ask kids to buy 2 to 4 figs at retail to be able to get a special figure by mail, so logic dictates that the same should be said for today. then again, logic isn't how you spell hasbro  ;)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 10:21 PM »
I'd be just like you JJ, all over as many Army builders as I could get. These are top priority for me and I so hope Hasbro is listening and will give us CT Stormies, Imp Officers, Red BD's, etc.

Army building is my specialty!   8)
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 04:55 AM »
How 'bout this possibilty...

You can sell 2,400 of them on eBay for $138!   :o

Hang on...  I gots to go find me a pair of scissors.  Right quick!   :P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 07:32 AM »
How 'bout this possibilty...

You can sell 2,400 of them on eBay for $138!   :o

Hang on...  I gots to go find me a pair of scissors.  Right quick!   :P

Now this type of thing amazes me.  For that money, you could probably buy more than you will end up with the auctions.   ???