Author Topic: Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!  (Read 8280 times)

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
Re:Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 07:53 AM »
good they did it.. :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2003, 11:12 AM »
Just to clarify my opinion, like I said in the initial reply way back when...

Jacket should be brown, but I don't really care as if it was brown the pose still ruins the figure.

Hasbro has been listening to us, so let's hope they hear our cry for neutral posed.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hoth Han and Chewie 2003!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2003, 09:06 PM »
Well, it looks like Hasbro's tossed a few new images out there of these two.  Check 'em out:

Hmmm, gotta say that I'm very bummed to see that Hasbro chose to sculpt the black strap right onto Chewie's head, so it's still there even when the gas mask is not.  Ugh, bad move Hasbro.  Guess my Chewie will be forever in his gas mask.

Han looks a little odd with his face mask and goggles on - kinda like a Ninja warrior or something...  Weird seeing him brandishing a lightsaber as well.  Hopefully he'll fit nicely upon the TaunTaun that's rumored to be coming in the upcoming Hoth 4-pack, so his uber wide stance doesn't go to waste.   ;)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2003, 11:55 PM »
Why is Han coming with an Imperial Officer's pistol, and not his regular blaster? That's bothering me... I know, I know, I'm picking at details.

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2003, 09:54 AM »
I think they are both pretty neat... I mean we're getting a han solo with a lightsaber!! LOL...

On another note, I agree it is strange that the black staps are molded onto Chewies face... Oh well,  I dont open them so no loss to me, but I agree it should have just been a stretchy strap or something instead!
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 04:40 PM »
Well, the first carded samples of these two figures are finally showed up on eBay (which means they should be out in the States in about a month or so).  I like that Han's goggles are actually CLEAR, and not yellow as they appear in some pictures.  He's also got his correct blaster, AND with the accurate SILVER tip on it which has rarely ever been done by Hasbro.  There looks to be a little more weathering detail in the finished hood (a better "wash"), which looks nice.  Cool.

The brown coat variation will probably follow a couple months later, since that was probably started a little later in the manufacturing process...

Here's some not-so-great pictures from a couple eBay auctions by thundercat999:

GH has some nice pix up as well...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2003, 01:37 PM »
I saw those pictures over at GH. They look very nice in there packages. Have to wait & see if they make it up around here. NOT!  :'(

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2003, 08:51 AM »
both these figures look vry cool... And being a carded collector, I love the way they are posed in the package. I really like that Han is holding the saber!
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 3, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Has anyone noticed a trend with almost every Chewbacca that's come out in the past 2 years or so?  With the exception of the 25th Anniversary 2-pack, we haven't gotten one with a properly done bowcaster.

-The Mynock Hunt has an action-feature bowcaster
-The POTJ Mechanic comes only with goggles & wedling tool
-The POTJ Dejarik Champion comes with Dejarik table only
-The SAGA Bespin Escape comes with an Imperial Blaster, cargo net, and blasted C-3PO

Weird.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2003, 11:36 AM »
That is a good point Nicklab...the Bowcaster that came with the Mynock Hunt Chewie is my favorite.  He was also my favorite Chewie until the Cloud City one came out.  This new one looks alright...I like that they are finally making him to scale but I just think he has been overdone a little much.

I'd rather they start focusing on Leia, Luke and 3PO than Han, Chewie, Vader and R2

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 3, 2003, 01:52 PM »
I think the bowcaster is kinda dope that comes with the new chewie. It's flashy and says to me "hey, I'm firing my weapon."

And to OCB, I wish Hasbro could focus on ALL those characters at once lol. Seriously though, we need a new leia, badly. Not a single one on SAGA card, and the repack just doesn't count. Gimmie!!!
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 3, 2003, 03:00 PM »
I'm still so happy overall, that it's hard for me to complain.  I'm a loose collector and have no problem using one of the old ones.  However, without the bowcaster in his hands, he looks plain stupid.  His one hand reaches about to his knees! :o :o :o

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2003, 10:18 AM »
Just got a Brown Coat Han last night from BBTS and I'll say Hasbro is almost spot on with the new color!

I had to do a double take as to what the actual color is, it is almost a perfect brownish-black.  I thought for a minute it was blue!   Very nicely done Hasbro, and thanks for making me this figure :P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2003, 10:48 AM »
I went to my local Wal-Mart last night (which by the way has 3 SW on 1 peg and that's it).  I got excited because there was a Hoth Han there.  I was hoping it was the elusive brownie scout version.  Nope.  Oh well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2003, 06:10 PM »
2 different TRU's today had 4 Blue Coat Han's apiece >:(