Author Topic: Endor Wave  (Read 24436 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Endor Wave Official
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 01:16 PM »
Awesome.

I have been waiting for a normal General Lando since that shite-sandwich came out for POTF2. This is superb! Is that a softgoods cape (I hope)?

Han AT-ST is cool. I really don't think he had the whole uniform on in ROTJ, but this is still a cool figure for an AT-ST pilot army builder, so who cares?! It also looks as though he may come with a commlink, judging by his hand pose.

Madine...sweeeeeet. I'm glad we're finally getting this guy. Now I can set him up with Mon Mothma and Ackbar and feel like the rebels have a fighting chance! Sweeet!

All in all though, this is certainly going to be the year for Lando!!!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2004, 01:36 PM »

They all look nice. There on my want list.  ;)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2004, 02:12 PM »
these are nice sculpts, i am really looking forward to this line.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2004, 03:13 PM »
More great '04 figures for sure. Madine and Lando look superb. Glad to see they nailed Madine's hair just right - it's super 80's. I still wish they could have changed the arms of the ATST Han or something, its the only part of the Imp Officer that really stinks of kitbashing, no big deal though.

Makes me really want carded Luke and Leia Endor figures with removable helmets now, though. And where is another Ewok or two?

Great stuff and now I'm greedy for more!

J

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2004, 03:34 PM »
These figures look great. I will be adding them to my collection.

Have to pick up a few madines to customize for my Rebel Briefing dio.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2004, 03:53 PM »
Well, my early thoughts are this:

-Lando General...  Wow, what a really nice looking figure.  Colors seem spot-on from what I can tell, and if that shoulder holster is removable that just kicks ass plain and simple.  The fact it is functional is great unto itself!  

Looks like some nifty articulation going on too possibly.  Ball/socket right arm at least, though it almost appears the left arm isn't articulated byeond the shoulder.

Kudos to Hasbro for not sculpting the shoulder pad to the body as they did with the open vest of the Rebel Endor trooper from Saga.  Very limiting to the arm articulation.

Great little officer's blaster it seems too, a nice addition and the cape looks plastic from what I can tell.  It's holding shape in the images, so sadly no silk cape...   That, to me, would be the only major gripe I had with Lando...  His inability to sit maybe would be a second gripe since he did do a fair bit of sitting in those duds, but still it looks great.

Yet another amazing fodder figure.

-General Crix Madine...  Wow, another doozie, but dull as hell.  Still, it's great to see "Old Supercuts" back in action...  (Get it, "old blood & guts" was General Patton...  General Madine's "Old Super cuts"?  It's a joke son!)

His blue color on his Spec. Forces shirt MAY be off, I'm not sure, but it is looking pretty decent.  I can't see his left arm enough to gauge what articulation it may have beyond the shoulder...  His right arm, like Lando's, appears to have a ball/socket joint though, great for posing in some amazing "Look at this diagram" poses.  He could be talking about anything from the latest assault on the Shield Generator to how Hasbro's stocks recently decreased on his handy pie chart.  

Either way he looks more poseable than he probably was expected to be.  

Again, no knee articulation and that limits him some (and Lando who deserved it more IMO), but no biggie.  A tactical thingie maybe would've been nice with Madine, but I'll take an officer's baton and some extra articulation any day over that, if it's between the two.

So, as for shared parts...  I've blown the images up and right now I'm going to tentatively say there's no shared parts except possibly the right shoulder...  

The chest badge on both figures is clearly different when magnified, and not a slight retooling but they're actually set differently on each figure.  The lines and folds of fabric sculpted into each uniform area of each figure also indicate separate sculpts.

So, while parts could've been used I'm gonna say for now that they're both completely separate sculpts as far as I can tell from enlarged images.

So in conclusion...

Both look great (And I still like Han AT-ST too, just from an army building standpoiont alone), and while I'm disappointed in no silk cape for Lando (or so it seems) I'm ecstatic to see his great little holster.  Hell, I'll make my own cape for him if need be.  :)

Articulation in the knees for sitting officers might've been a nice touch but that still seems like a step Hasbro's not going to take yet...  for now.  Maybe it was Madine's skirt piece and Lando's molded cape that even kept them from considering it perhaps?

Either way, great figures...  This is yet another wave I'll probably order a case of since it's got customizing fodder galore, and army building potential in it.  Head swap officers, and Head swap Imperial Army Regulars (AT-ST Pilots) galore!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2004, 04:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Scott, its nice to get a chance to see pics of both Lando and Madine.  I notice Hasbro isn't giving the little line at the end "come back next month to see pics of the next wave....", like they used to :).
I noticed that as well and really miss it!!  It's the next best thing to getting pictures of the new figures is to see the actual Hasbro confirmation.  Anyway, I did notice the descriptions of the figures naming several other possible/potential future releases.   On the description for Lando:
After the daring rescue of Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt, Calrissian became a General in the Alliance Forces. He volunteered to spearhead the starfighter attack on the second Death Star while Admiral Ackbar led the capital ships.

Also, on Han Solo AT-ST Driver's description, it reads:
With the help of the native Ewoks, the Rebel strike team defeated the Imperial forces and destroyed the generator, paving the way for victory at the Battle of Endor.  
And finally, on General Madine's description:
 A strict military disciplinarian, General Crix Madine was an important Alliance officer and advisor to Mon Mothma. It was Madine who masterminded a number of crucial Alliance operations that paved the way for victory at the Battle of Endor. Madine was tasked with finding a way to destroy the shield generator protecting the second Death Star. His personally trained soldiers captured the Imperial shuttle, Tydirium. With this shuttle, Madine's troops, under the command of General Han Solo, infiltrated Imperial territory on the Sanctuary Moon.  

So, between the 3 figures, they mention Ewoks, Jabba,Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and General Han Solo.   We know that Jabba and at least 2 ewoks will be made, but does this increase the chance that Acbar, Mon Mothma, or General Solo will be produced?  Personally, the only one I'd be excited about seeing other than the confirmed figures would be if they added Ackbar to 2004's lineup.  I'm sure they could do Mon Mothma better, but I would rather wait  till after the Ep III figures, since there are so many other figures I want first.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 12:27 PM by obi-dad »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2004, 05:19 PM »
WOW! Those look great! Han is alright, but I'm sure I can pass him off as a regular AT-ST driver. Madine is pretty good, and Lando is perfect! I'm definately going to get them all!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2004, 07:13 PM »
They all look sweet, now my only question is will I see them in my local stores??!!  Distribution is pretty bad (again) so I hope along with the decent sculpts, Hasbro has worked out some of the distribution bugs and I'll have them on my shelf one day.
Beth

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2004, 07:47 PM »

I really like everything about this figure, except his face. It's nice, but just seems POTF2-like. Look at Lando's face sculpt, and then Madine's... See what I mean? Anywho it looks like the elbow-joints are ball-socket, so that's great.

One of the better looking figures from Hasbro, as far as the face sculpt goes. I hope that holster is removable, that'd make this figure one of my favorites ever - as long as the elbows are ball-socket like I think they are.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 11:36 PM »
Well...I said it at RS, and got a lot of grief for it, but I'll say it here too.

I like everything about those 2 figures except for the knees....truth is there are none. I can't see why they didn't put it on. Enlighten me.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2004, 11:36 PM »
Lando is a great figure, POTJ great.  Madine is too, but he's a little dull.  Still glad they made him and these two figs make me very happy.  Han... okay.  Hasbro seems very intent on making us happy and they certainly have this year.  Kudos.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Good stuff all around.  Han is great for army building, we finally have Madine for our Rebel briefing dioramas and no more bow legged General Lando.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2004, 10:44 AM »
I absolutely love the Madine, the face might be a tad bit off but everything else is spot on.  I'm really intersted in this new elbow joint, the picture makes it look a little weird.  otherwise he's been on my want list for a while and I'm finally glad to get him Dodonna and Rieekan all in a 6 month time

Lando is also an awesome figure.  The holster doesn't bother me too much, I'll store his gun in there.  Again 1000x better than the first Lando.  I think a SA Bespin Lando and SMuggler Lando are also needed but finally a much needed apology is given to us.

Han is great too for an AT-ST driver stoopid for a Han figure.  Eh, I'll get a couple for sure, great Wave and another great effort by Hasbro who has been hitting home runs like Barry Bonds recently.  Can't wait to see Bespin and Dagobah!!!  Hopefully at the Toy Fair

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2004, 10:49 AM »
Well...I said it at RS, and got a lot of grief for it, but I'll say it here too.

I like everything about those 2 figures except for the knees....truth is there are none. I can't see why they didn't put it on. Enlighten me.

I am assuming you wanted bendeable knees?  That would be nice I suppose.  Personally it does not bother me.   They have not made anything for Madine to sit on yet I don't think.  Lando, I suppose you could have him sit in the Falcon but as of yet you can't really see the knees bend there anyway.  Same with the AT-ST pilot.  Unless Hasbro starts cranking out new vehicles with chairs or a rebel briefing room diorama.  I can see why they did not add that feature to these figures.  But hey, an excuse for a resculpt in the future!