Author Topic: Virex's monthly "Anyone want a free Suncoast DVD coupon?" thread  (Read 16671 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Hey, kids.  

So, uh. . .  For Christmas, I got this nifty little "movie trivia day-by-day calendar" thing from Suncoast.  Typical stuff, but as a bonus, at the first of every month of 2004, they put in a coupon for their store, good for that month only, that you can use. . .  to buy stuff. . .  at their. . .  store.  

For example, for January, they've got a "$5 Off any Anime DVD" coupon, for any Anime DVDs regularly priced at $19.99 and above, good from 1/1/04 to 1/31/04.  Now, two things here:  

- I have no interest in Anime whatsoever;

-and even if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything from Suncoast, with their usually-exorbitant prices.

But anyway, I figured that maybe someone here would be interested, for whatever reason, and rather than just throw the coupons I'm not interested in away, I thought I'd offer them up to you guys.

So, if you want a coupon, just post a reply to this thread, first-come, first-served, and send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll drop it in the mail for you.

(I will reserve the right to keep any coupons that may interest me--which, flipping through, it doesn't look like that many of them do.  But I'll update this thread each month with a new coupon for that month.)

What do you guys think?  Does this idea suck, or does it suck?   :-\

(And post a reply if you want the $5 Anime coupon for January.)  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 09:20 PM by Chris Berry »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Virex's monthly "Anyone want a free Suncoast DVD coupon?" thread
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2004, 01:32 PM »
wow, that's pretty cool of you to do that for people, virex. and i'm not being sarcastic (for once ;) )

i would use that coupon myself, 'cause i buy lots of anime, but, like you said... for what i would pay in suncoast for a dvd - any dvd - i can usually get two, sometime three at best buy. and since i got a dvd burner recently, i don't think i'll be buying any dvd any time soon. except for the blank kind, of course  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 04:38 PM »
So is it safe to say that I can chunk this $5 anime coupon in the trash?   :D

Doesn't seem like anyone's too interested at all, which is too bad, since, looking ahead, February's coupon is "Buy One DVD, Get Three Free".

Oh well.  

:-\

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 07:42 PM »
...Whats the catch on Febuarys DVD coupon?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Only three??? If it was four free I'd maybe consider it, but I don't want you to have my address. There's no way I trust you.  >:(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 10:13 PM »
yeah, really... if it really is "buy one get three free" there's got to be some kind of catch to it...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 01:50 PM »
It was a joke, folks.  A poorly-crafted one, and an unfunny one, but technically a joke nonetheless.

Sorry.

Looking at the "for real" February coupons, there's two:  $5 off any DVD, good for 2/1-2/14, and $3 off any Best Picture DVDs, good for 2/15-2/29.

At this point, I'll probably be hanging onto both of those.

The sh!tty $5 anime coupon is still available, though.   :-\

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 08:06 PM »
It was a joke, folks.  A poorly-crafted one, and an unfunny one, but technically a joke nonetheless.

Not a good joke at all...my hopes have been dashed  >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 10:14 PM »
Not a good joke at all...my hopes have been dashed  >:(

You know something?  You've just won a spot next to Henrik Wulff Rasmussen in my "Potential Stalkers" list.

Congratulations.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 10:42 PM »
Potential being the key word...where is Henrik anyway

Yeah!
Mattitude
'tsa ****in' Mattitude
I can't believe what ya say to me
You got some Mattitude

Inside that bitter brain
There's gotta be a whore
If you don't shut your mouth
You're gonna feel the floor, yeah!

Mattitude, what you got's a ****in' Mattitude
Mattitude is what you got's a ****in' Mattitude
Some ****in' Mattitude
Yeah, right

Inside that bitter brain
There's gotta be a whore
If you don't shut your mouth
You're gonna feel the mother ****in' guitar!

Oh, attitude
'tsa ****in' Mattitude
You got some Mattitude

Oh, Mattitude
'tsa ****in' Mattitude
You got some Mattitude

Yeah!
Yeah!
Yeah!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Cute.

I just want to know exactly how in the BLUE HELL a nice, innocent, community-friendly idea I had here could turn into this absolute cluster**** of a thread.  What is this, Rebelscum?  What are you people. . .  ON DOPE?

So what I'm understanding here, correct me if I'm wrong, is that you're not giving me any money so now I'm left basically with nothing. I'm left with zero. What can I do with zero, y'know, what can...I-I can't do anything with it. This is my life here, we're talking about we're not talking about something else, we're talking about my life, y'know and it's forcing me to do something I don't want to do. To leave to go out and just leave and go home and say make a clean cut here and say "no way, Matty. you're not putting up with these people" and I'll tell why I can't put up with you people--because you're bastard-people. That's what you are! You're just bastard people and I'm goin' home and I'm gonna I'm gonna bite my pillow! Is what I'm gonna do.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Even Cuter...Anime anyone ???

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2004, 11:16 PM »

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Cute.

I just want to know exactly how in the BLUE HELL a nice, innocent, community-friendly idea I had here could turn into this absolute cluster**** of a thread.  What is this, Rebelscum?  What are you people. . .  ON DOPE?

So what I'm understanding here, correct me if I'm wrong, is that you're not giving me any money so now I'm left basically with nothing. I'm left with zero. What can I do with zero, y'know, what can...I-I can't do anything with it. This is my life here, we're talking about we're not talking about something else, we're talking about my life, y'know and it's forcing me to do something I don't want to do. To leave to go out and just leave and go home and say make a clean cut here and say "no way, Matty. you're not putting up with these people" and I'll tell why I can't put up with you people--because you're bastard-people. That's what you are! You're just bastard people and I'm goin' home and I'm gonna I'm gonna bite my pillow! Is what I'm gonna do.

I should not laugh. My mother would spank the sweet jesus out of me.

BTW...do you still hate me?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex