Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154949 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Twin Cities Not So Hot for TV Ratings

And here I thought it was just me who was getting tired of the same old crap on TV.  :P

I read the article above and I have to agree with many of the points the study found.  I know that as I've gotten older, my TV watching has really dropped off. 

Also, as they point out in the article, thanks to the internet, I spend less time watching TV now more than ever before.  I'd much rather drop in here to chat SW with all of you than suffer through an episode of "Dancing with the Stars". *shudder*   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Anyone watching Hell's Kitchen?  I'm loving the show for some reason

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2005, 02:25 PM »
About the only thing I watch during the summer is Sox games and Family Guy.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 1, 2005, 01:30 PM »

Yes, the whole, military idea of tearing someone down and then building them up again is intreaguing and facinating to watch.

I have to recomemd "The Inside" I have to say that three out of the four shows so far have really surprised me with their ideas and their boldness. I don't think anyone would be dissapointed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 1, 2005, 03:58 PM »

No. Lame.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #65 on: July 1, 2005, 10:46 PM »
The only shows I watch are a few shows on Adult Swim, Cubs games, and Star Trek's various incarnations.

Well, I guess if I'm up late enough, I watch some Drew Carey reruns, but that's uncommon.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 9, 2005, 07:29 AM »
We've been catching reruns of Lost (missed it the first time around).  The only other show I always try and catch is Rescue Me with Denis Leary.  I'm looking forward to Nip Tuck this fall.  I"ll watch an X-Files rerun if I come across it. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2005, 02:09 PM »
With the new fall shows starting up over these few weeks here, is there anything you are looking forward to seeing...new or returning?  My wife and I are pretty regular TV watchers when we're home, so I'm anxious for some new installments to start up again.  What do you watch, or maybe thinking about checking out?

Sunday
The Simpsons - I still enjoy watching the episodes, sometimes hit and miss, but kind of nostalgic in a way too.  Just talking the other night about this, I've been watching this since I was about 11 or so.  Well over half my life.
Family Guy - So glad this came back.  Always good for a laugh, and one of the funnier shows on TV I think.
Desperate Housewives - My wife got into this last year, so we've been watching it and looking forward to the new season.  Not really too bad of a show, interesting at least.

Monday
Arrested Development - A great comedy, and despite all the publicity about "you should watch this", I still don't think enough do.  It is a little different type of a comedy, so it might take a certain sense of humor to get it maybe.

Tuesday
Scrubs - Our favorite show on tv, but from what I hear it might not be back until midseason-ish.  It might not even be on Tuesday, who knows, but this is where it used to be.  A very funny show, and always puts me in a good mood.  Can't wait for it to come back.  Finally getting some deserved attention with several Emmy nominations.
My Name is Earl - The "buzz" around this show has been good, and I always enjoy Jason Lee.  We're going to check it out, and hopefully it will be funny.  I always enjoy good sitcoms, and there has been far too few decent ones lately.
The Office - Maybe not as good as the British version (I haven't really seen it, but fans of the show seem to feel this way), but it grew on me last year.  Pretty funny.

Wednesday
LOST - Missed several episodes during the "regular" run, but caught up with everything over the summer for sure.  We're hooked now, and I can't wait for the premiere next Wednesday.
That 70s Show - Not back until later on (after baseball), but we usually watch this as well.  Curious to see how the show will be without Topher Grace (Eric) and possibly Ashton Kutcher (Kelso).  I think this is the last season from what I understand.

Thursday
Smallville - Another one of our most favorite shows.  Maybe it isn't 100% "true to the comics", but its still Superman to some extent, and is fun to watch.  We've really been looking forward to this one as well.

Friday
Nothing in particular...usually movie night or something.

Saturday
Justice League Unlimited - Sure, its a cartoon, but it is a really good show.  One of my favorites, and my wife actually enjoys the show too.  Otherwise, Saturdays tend to be a movie night as well, maybe catching SNL sometimes too, although it hasn't been too great lately.  Of course, college football as well (Go Big Red).

Those are pretty much our "regular viewing" shows, although we'll catch a few others from time to time.  My wife watched the premiere of the show Reunion last week after the OC, and liked it quite a bit.  I have a feeling we might be watching/taping that one this year.  I also watched the premiere of Supernatural on Tuesday, and it was fairly interesting.  I don't know if I'll keep watching it or not, due to other shows being on at the same time, but we might tape it.  Who knows, we'll see how good it ends up being.  I've heard good things about House, as well as the upcoming Everybody Hates Chris so those might be interesting.  Otherwise, on some nights anymore, it seems like the reruns of shows like Seinfeld, Raymond, Simpsons, and 70s Show are better than the "new" stuff.  I'm personally tired of "reality" shows, so those are little to none in our house.  Anyways, anything you're watching this year...or looking forward to?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 02:17 PM by mosnab »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Looking forward to:

Lost -- missed a couple of episodes and now I'm lost (what is the hatch and what's up w/the numbers?)

Desperate Housewives -- my guilty pleasure (well, one of them ;))

Rescue Me -- the more I watch the more I love it.  Though it just finished up and we have to wait a while for new shows -- it seemed like a really short season.

Nip/Tuck
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2005, 04:31 PM »
IMa SCI- FIer/ Sports person

I'm watching Sci Fi Channel or baseball, football, basketball if not those then nothing

I can't watch Desperate Housewives because it's sooo not happening in my 'hood(to me) that I get bent just watching it :(

I can't watch MTV because all those young girls make me want to turn the TV off
and

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Caught the new show My Name is Earl last night, and we thought it was pretty funny.  I'll continue to watch.  The Office was also on, and I enjoyed that too.  Plenty of that "makes you feel uncomfortable for them" type of humor, and its good.  Looking forward to the season premiere of Lost tonight...what's in that hatch anyways? :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Inside is a Toyfare Vader being ripped from the package.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 8, 2006, 12:07 PM »
I don't know if anyone caught Conan O'Brien last night, but he had Harrison Ford as his guest.  During the interview Conan brought up the Star Wars Holiday Special and talked about it with Ford a bit...and even had a clip of Harrison/Han talking to Chewie's "family" in the special.  It was kind of funny, and surprisingly to hear it brought up.

Also, on a side note, Billy Dee Williams made a cameo on our favorite show, Scrubs, last night.  One of the stars of the show, Donald Faison, is a big Star Wars fan in real life...and kept calling him "Lando" on the show.  Kind of funny.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 9, 2006, 01:59 AM »
The Lando stuff on Scrubs was great! I've wanted to watch Scrubs for a long time, but this season has been the first I've actually sat down and watched it. Haven't missed an episode yet, and each one seems better than the last. This weeks episodes with Mandy Moore actually had me laughing out loud, which doesn't happen very often.  Anyone that likes Earl or Arrested Development is missing out if they aren't watching Scrubs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: February 9, 2006, 02:28 AM »
Ford was on the Daily Show tonight and it was really good...  He was pretty funny with Stewart and seemed more happy than normal.  I'm surprised his movie is getting really good reviews.  Kinda makes me want to see it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77