Author Topic: Dagobah wave  (Read 27598 times)

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
Re: Dagobah wave
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 08:27 PM »
ah! most people complained about how much they hated the new holo luke, but no one cares that this obi-wan looks like a polished pearl? I HATE THAT OBI-WAN!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 10:17 PM »
That backpack for Yoda looks so small that I don't think even his head would fit in it!  

Anyway though, I like the looks of this wave.  I've always wanted a Luke like that, I think it would have been great to make the Luke and Yoda in an Ultra 2-pk like that and then release a different Luke later with repositioned arms and a new head.  Guess Hasbro wasn't on the same page as me on that one though. ;)

As for R2, I will get one, but I can easily customize my own that way (which I did).  So to me it's not overly necessary but I do think they did a good job with it.

Yoda looks a tad too tall and skinny, and yes his backpack looks like it was made for a smaller midget than Yoda.

Obi Wan is the prize of this wave though to me.  What a fantastic sculpt; I pray that we get another release of this figure without the bluish tint, so he can be a neutral posed Obi Wan from ANH as well.

Overall I think this is a great looking wave, not as exciting to me as the recent Tatoone/Jabba's Palace/Yavin waves, but still very, very nice.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 10:37 PM »
I wasn't a fan of Holo Luke until I saw it in person, while the scale is waaaay off, the detail and paint job and effect was awesome IMO, so I'll gladly buy this new Spirit Of~ figure

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 10:57 PM »
it just goes to show: no one likes a figure until it isnt luke. im the only luke fan in the universe!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 11:15 PM »
Nah, I'm a big Luke fan too, there aren't too many of us though.  There have been tons of Luke goodness this year already!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 11:23 PM »
2004: The Year of Luke   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 01:52 AM »
I dunno. The only one I'm really digging right now is Yoda. Hopefully Luke will have some interchangeable extremities. Obi-Wan's a 'meh' figure for me, and R2's pretty good.

Doesn't matter, I'll be buying them all anyway like the pitiful overeager consumer I am. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2004, 10:17 AM »
Well, it looks like Dagobah Luke does have alternate arms/head.  Doesn't look too articulated, but the sculpt is nice.  You can see more shots of the Dagobah wave here, courtesy of GH:

Dagobah Wave Shots

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2004, 11:27 AM »
those are awesome!!!  I was hoping every one was right about the alternate arms and head.  That is truly amazing that that figure is from the same company that brought us some of the early autraucities from 2003!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Dagabah and Bespin figs!!
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2004, 12:28 PM »
-----------
I kind of hope the Dagobah Luke has some sort of interchangable head/arms too, but it is hard to tell.
-----------
I'm really thinking that Hasbro's going to get this one right for some reason - maybe 'cause they've been restoring my faith of late, and proving to me that they're listening to what we really want.  If this does wind up being a one-pose wonder, it'll still be a very cool figure IMO.  But I'd obviously like it to be able to work both ways, and I really think it will...

;D   8)

Absolutely beautiful news to wake up to this morning.  Hasbro really does get it now.  I'll assume the extra limbs and noggin will be included as "accessories" for now, but even if it's a completely seperate figure, that's still fine.  The important thing is that Hasbro now realizes that we don't want just one-pose wonders.  Of course, it looks like we'll be stuck with two one pose wonders instead now, but that's cool.  Who knows, maybe they'll throw in a third set of neutral arms as well!   8)

Just nice to have one of those "feel good" collecting moments to see Hasbro doing this - kind of like when they announced the Blue and Brown Coat Hoth Hans...   :)

SilverZ

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2004, 01:55 PM »
That was a nice treat for this morning. Luke completely exceeds my expectations now. I'll take 2 reallly good poses.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 02:25 PM »
Like Matt said, I could see these maybe being released as two seperate figures too.  I just have a hard time picturing a carded Luke with a severed head next to him in the box...not to mention the arms.  Who knows though.  I don't have any problems with them being two seperate figures, as long as they aren't too hard to find (one version or the other, or both).

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Fantastic.   ;D  Luke pole vaults to the head of the pack IMO.  

SilverZ

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 04:04 PM »
So it looks to me like Yoda will fit into his backpack perfectly if the figure detaches at the waist - if you look at the pic, the backpack and Yoda's torso are the exact same shape and dims.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Yikes!  Interesting observation there Jared...  I didn't even compare the size of Yoda to the accompanying backpack.  Doesn't look like a very good fit, for sure.  Your scenario might be possible, but even if only the top half of Yoda was in the backpack, it'd still probably look odd that the rest of his body would not likely appear to fit inside the remaining space (even if it's not technically in there).

Hmm...  Perhaps some mild cause for concern here...   ???