Author Topic: Dagobah wave  (Read 27616 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Dagobah wave
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 12:00 PM »
It looks to me like Luke's arms are part of the base, which makes sense for stability reasons. I just hope this isn't going to be a new trend for Hasbro...interchangeable limbs instead of improved articulation.

Also, that Dagobah R2 is not as good as it seems. Its an April 23rd R2 with brown paint on him. The days of me buying R2 units without their center legs are over. I'll find an extra R2 Holo Leia and make a better Dagobah R2. Does the head even turn on that  original SAGA R2?

I think Obi-Wan is sharp, and I like the looks of Yoda. I think once he's posed correctly, he'll look great.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2004, 02:01 PM »
Like Matt said, I could see these maybe being released as two seperate figures too.  

I concur.

It'd be strange to see arms and head as "accessories".  I too bet they are gonna go the double-release route with this guy...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Like Matt said, I could see these maybe being released as two seperate figures too.  

I concur.

It'd be strange to see arms and head as "accessories".  I too bet they are gonna go the double-release route with this guy...

Jeff

Makes good business sense to do this. 75% of the figure is identical and the paint is same, so costs are minimal.  Cardback will be identical, bubble might need minor changes.  Incredibly inexpensive way to double your margin (nearly double).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2004, 12:15 PM »
Looks like those who guessed about the "split in half" Yoda were correct, also news about the extra head/arms with Luke:

(from Hasbro)
Question: What's with Luke and that pose in the Dagobah wave?

Answer: The Luke figure in the Dagobah wave comes with an extra set of arms and head, so he does NOT always have to be posed doing a headstand.  Also, the Yoda figure is meant to interact with the Luke figure (similar to the Wampa and Luke Hoth).  The backpack fits on Luke and Yoda separates at the waist so that he looks correct when sitting in the backpack.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Wow.  I really thought they'd be two figures.

Kudos, Hasbro!  Of course, I still think it's weird to get a free head and arms as "accessories...

I'll probably still buy two so I can have one of each pose set up on the shelves.  I'm such a dork.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Yikes!  Interesting observation there Jared...  I didn't even compare the size of Yoda to the accompanying backpack.  Doesn't look like a very good fit, for sure.  Your scenario might be possible, but even if only the top half of Yoda was in the backpack, it'd still probably look odd that the rest of his body would not likely appear to fit inside the remaining space (even if it's not technically in there).

Hmm...  Perhaps some mild cause for concern here...   ???

From the Hasbro Damage Control Department:
Also, the Yoda figure is meant to interact with the Luke figure (similar to the Wampa and Luke Hoth).  The backpack fits on Luke and Yoda separates at the waist so that he looks correct when sitting in the backpack.

8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Dagabah and Bespin figs!!
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 03:48 PM »
There's two options here that Hasbro may go for.  One, it looks like this is going to be one of those "ball jointed" heads that we've been seeing lately, which you can actually just pop right off of the neck "stick" quite easily.  So with that in mind, it'd be very easy to make this Luke have interchangeable heads in that respect.  The question is whether Hasbro would want to include another loose head in the blister, which might look a little wierd/freaky to some people.  But definitely do-able.  I suppose they could do the same things with his arms as well, like a couple of the C-3POs we've gotten in the past.  Perhaps the apparent lack of any other accessories with this figure, lends itself to some of these interchangeable body parts as the accessories instead...   8)

Indeed!   8)  Looks like the extra arms and noggin for Luke will be included within the figure's bubble, according to this blurb from Hasbro today:

Question: What's with Luke and that pose in the Dagobah wave?

Answer: The Luke figure in the Dagobah wave comes with an extra set of arms and head, so he does NOT always have to be posed doing a headstand.  Also, the Yoda figure is meant to interact with the Luke figure (similar to the Wampa and Luke Hoth).  The backpack fits on Luke and Yoda separates at the waist so that he looks correct when sitting in the backpack.

Looks like Jared nailed that latter part too:

So it looks to me like Yoda will fit into his backpack perfectly if the figure detaches at the waist - if you look at the pic, the backpack and Yoda's torso are the exact same shape and dims.

Good deal that we won't have to actually buy two separate Luke figures here.  Way to go Hasbro!  Job well done on this one!   8)

EDIT:  Duh.   ::)  Somehow I pulled this thread up in the middle, and didn't see all of today's responses in it...   :-[
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 03:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2004, 05:03 PM »
Great news about Luke and Yoda.  I'll still be buying two of each anyhow, to display in both their poses.

SilverZ

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 08:37 PM »
Yeah, funny, I'll end up buying two openers of each now, too. Have to display them both ways.

I hope they figure this out again and start giving us "consumer-level variations". This could be a benefit to army builders. It would have solved my main beef with the Imperial Officier pose - the arms. I still want a completley neutral stance.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 2, 2004, 06:56 PM »
what are the odds that they will pack this sucker both ways - 1 upside down and 1 regular... forcing people like me to actually buy 4 of this guy (2 carded since they will be different - and 2 loose, since he will be different)? i'd put money on it....

SilverZ

« Reply #40 on: March 2, 2004, 09:31 PM »
 :o  Shhhssssh!!!! Don't say such things out loud! That's just evil enough for Hasbro to do.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 3, 2004, 09:57 PM »
I'm very excited about getting a new, updated Dagobah Luke figure.  Finally!  I plan to buy at least two; one to pose with Yoda on his back & the other to use for Jedi training.   :P

Ghost of Ben figure looks real nice, too, but I'm not at all impressed with R2.  Yoda could've been a lot better.  All in all, I'm really looking forward to this wave.      
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: March 4, 2004, 09:55 AM »
I'm definitely getting 2 Lukes and 2 Yodas (good thing I bought a case :p)  

I'm really digging the new Holo Luke even though I thought that it was horrible looking at first, in person it looks a ton better...so this new Spirit Ben will be coming home to Papa

R2...meh, the electronics with sounds might be cool, depending on what they have him say.  I'd of liked to have seen them try doing a pincher grabber with door type of thing so he can try and steal Luke's light back from the little Frog

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2004, 09:30 PM »
I can't wait for this one.  I just wish they would give us the Yoda's Hut Playset too.  It is one of the few Vintage Items I didn't get as a kid.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Yeah, I'd love the Yoda's Hut playset, but they would have to make it a little bigger and make the inside a little better.  All these figures where I'm wanting two (like Luke & Yoda from this wave... Gold Leader, Antilles, Dadonna, etc)... how am I gonna pull that off?   I'm having problems just finding one of each figure.