Author Topic: Trandoshans  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Trandoshans
« on: February 18, 2004, 06:29 PM »
Is the new Bossk that much better than the POTF2 version?  Aside from elbow articulation, it doens't look like we're getting much more out of it (not to mention one less weapon).

Has anyone seen it?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Trandoshans
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 12:23 AM »
Scum's got a nice close-up of it on their main page right now.

Personally, he looks great to me.  The more open mouth seems cool, and lots of cool additions like the crisper looking sculpt (not that the POTF2 one was bad though) and articulation are pluses to me.

The leg straps are noticeably better sculpted...  The blaster's a lot better looking too, and more accuratley sculpted/scaled overall.  Cool stuff to me.

I'm looking forward to Dengar and the scaled one a lot, but the Ozzel figure's shaping up to be a hell of a piece of custom fodder.  Yikes!

Ozzel's uniform is just bristling with detail beyond any Impy figure to this point.  Generic enough for headswaps, and neutrally posed to boot.  Just a shave of the rank badge, and voila.

Still, Trandoshans rock.  We all know why I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Does it have anything to do with the fact that
they gets alllllllll da ladies.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Scalpin' the Wookies and Slappin' the Hoes...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 10:31 AM »
Bossk has always been my favorite bounty hunter, so yes, I do think this new one is necessary.

Chillin with Lando and drinkin tha courvoisier! ;)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 01:10 PM »

well actually i like this version of Bossk better than the POTF2 version, i think he has a bit more articulation.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 07:16 PM by JediMAC »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 02:21 PM »

And then getting their arms ripped out of their sockets...

I think this Bossk looks great, but I wish his "straps" were more like those on the Dutch figure; not sculpted to his legs.  but hey that's alright this still is an improvement over the POTF2 version.  But the POTF2 version was and still is one of the best figures from that era.

:P

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 06:54 PM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteNm/articlefiles/2312-bosskcd1.jpg

well actually i like this version of Bossk better than the POTF2 version, i think he has a bit more articulation.

I wonder if the folks over at Galactic Hunter mind that you're posting photos here that they're hosting on their web site, in turn using up their bandwidth?

I'm sure it's cool.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 06:55 PM by Billy Corgan »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 07:22 PM »
I wonder if the folks over at Galactic Hunter mind that you're posting photos here that they're hosting on their web site, in turn using up their bandwidth?

I'm sure it's cool.

Good point Billy.  I edited his carded Bossk shot up there to the one we have hosted here at JD.

Mainland, if you want to post SW collectible pictures here in our forums, please try to use one of our own here at JD if you can find it (just do a search on our news page).  If not, just stick a link to someone else's pictures in here, rather than swiping another site's shot (especially the cool fellas over at GH).  Thanks!

As for Bossk here, yeah - the original POTF2 version was pretty sharp, and not even really in need of a resculpt.  But I don't mind that they made an even better one this time around.  I'm sure once we snag this new one and stick it next to the old one, we'll notice all the subtle differences that make the new version much nicer...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 03:03 AM »
[quote author=Billy
As for Bossk here, yeah - the original POTF2 version was pretty sharp, and not even really in need of a resculpt.  But I don't mind that they made an even better one this time around.  I'm sure once we snag this new one and stick it next to the old one, we'll notice all the subtle differences that make the new version much nicer...

Yeah I don't think there was much to change on the POTF2 sculpt either. What makes this particular resculpt even more confusing is they just re-released the POTF2 Bossk in the TRU 4pack, so why take the time to add a new one to the single fig line?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot