Author Topic: Master Replicas AT-AT  (Read 4491 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Master Replicas AT-AT
« on: February 16, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Looks like Adam's guess was right - Master Replicas just confirmed for ships...   :o

Very curious to see how this situation plays out, especially since their first vehicle is going to be the AT-AT, which is rumored to be one of the next two vehicles from Code3 as well.  I still haven't picked up my X-Wing from them yet, so I may just hold off until I see what's happening with MR at this weekend's ToyFair in NY.  I really want to see a price on their AT-AT, though I fear it's likely going to be way out of my range...

But if it's in the same ballpark as Code3's price, I'll probably switch teams!

Well, forget that.   :-\  While the Master Replicas AT-AT looks absolutely AMAZING (as expected), there's just no way in hell I can deal with the $1,200 price tag that accompanies this piece unfortunately.   :'(  Pretty much the same type of deal we saw with the old Icons X-Wing and Tie Fighter, which I think were originally $1,500.

So now I have to further contemplate whether I want to hop back into Code 3 or not...   :-[  (and yes, I've heard all your comments on the matter fellas!   ;))

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Code 3: Millenium Falcon, X-Wing... Slave 1!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 03:37 PM »
I was wondering when you would chime in on that AT-AT! $1200. = $1580. CDN. I was hoping for one from Code 3 but not at that price.  :-\  Guess I'll just stick with the Millennium Falcon!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 03:41 PM »
I was hoping for one from Code 3 but not at that price.  :-\

Huh?  I'm sure the upcoming Code 3 one will run about $300, like the others...  The $1,200 is the Master Replicas price.

Unless I'm just confused by your comment there Dale...   ???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 03:54 PM »
I meant I was hoping for one from Code 3 but not at that price that Master Replicas has. I was looking at getting into there stuff but its out of my range so I'll just stay with my Falcon for now.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 06:26 AM »
THe MR AT-AT does indeed rock all.  $1200, for something that painfully meticulous, is actually warranted IMO.

I mean, they just made an incredible model there.  It is, without a doubt, the most accurate piece I've ever seen.  I'd love to own one, but I've had CARS that cost less than that.

I cannot possibly justify it.  Though if I find someone who does get it, I'm gonna beg him to snap clear high-res shots of every inch of it up close for me.  :)  And if they live nearby I'm gonna beg them to allow me to take measurements of it too, haha.  Must have that data!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Yeah, it pains me to say it, but I agree that AT-AT's worth MR's hefty price tag there.  Just sucks that it's a price tag that I can't really afford to pay, lest I want to start dealing with divorce lawyers...  I'd say the same about Icons old X-Wing and Tie Fighter as well.  Just stunning pieces, all three of them!   :'(

Though if I find someone who does get it, I'm gonna beg him to snap clear high-res shots of every inch of it up close for me.  :)  And if they live nearby I'm gonna beg them to allow me to take measurements of it too, haha.  Must have that data!

Well, how close is Indiana to you Jess?  'Cause you just know that Mr. Bling-Bling Prop Collector Adam's gonna go for it!   8)  (biting my jealous tongue)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 07:12 PM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas AT-AT
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 07:45 PM »
lol Well Mr Bling Bling prop collector has to sell 85% of his bling to get this new bling. I will do whatever it takes to get it though! MUST HAVE THE ATAT!  ;D

I will most likely get this through a secondary dealer. Hopefully I can get it for around $800 :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 07:46 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 07:53 PM »
That AT-AT is one sweet piece, but I have yet to buy any of the Code 3 items because of their prices.  I know I could probably buy the X-Wing or Falcon at their prices, but I just can't stand the thought of how many figures and toys I could get with that money.  The price is awful steep for this AT-AT, but it does appear to be quite accurate.

I think it would be great if MR would make an AT-ST, which I'd guess would be about $300 and would satisfy all of us hungry MR model collectors.  If MR made that, I would guarantee you that I would buy that in a heart beat.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 08:00 PM »
I really hope MR doesnt make a habit out of big $1000+ ships. Not just from a financial standpoint, I can manage to put together the cash if I truly want it (ah the advantages of being single...), but from display standpoint. Not only would they take up a crapload of room, it's just not as cool looking if you have to have an entire freaking house filled with them, as it does if its just half a dozen or so (at MOST).

If they released a Millenium Falcon, TIE Fighter, and XWing, I'd be quite content. Those are definately the four most iconic vehicles of the trilogy, the rest are just superficial...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 08:06 PM »
If they released a Millenium Falcon, TIE Fighter, and XWing, I'd be quite content. Those are definately the four most iconic vehicles of the trilogy, the rest are just superficial...

Whaaaaaaat?  No Imperial Shuttle? ;) :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 08:21 PM »
The Imperial Shuttle would be pretty cool, but it's a pretty secondary ship, like Vader's TIE, a Snowspeeder, AT-ST (although it's high on the list as a "support" ship), TIE Bomber, Interceptor, Landspeeder, Speederbike, Death Star, Star Destroyer.

A Landspeeder and Speederbike would make cool smaller models, and MR has hinted very strongly over the years at a Death Star and/or Star Destroyer...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 12:11 AM »
I agree Adam, I was just funning with ya.  

A Death Star would be a must have, regardless of price :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 09:36 PM »
I honestly thought the Death Star was going to be the vehicle release this year.  I'm still tossing around the AT-AT idea.  I'm concerned about it's size and the possiblility that it will get knocked over or hit with an item (nothing is safe in a house with pets and kids, not matter how old they are).
My sabers are all in cases, on shelves, which is a little bit more secure than sitting on the floor in a case.  
Of course the room thing is a big issue too.  For the price, it would have to stay in the dining room, I'd want EVERYONE to see it but that creates the problem.....I can't keep track of the nephews each second and I can see finger-print city on the sides of the case.
Not too mention, I just told my daughter that her third year of college funding was getting cut in half in the fall when her brother starts his freshman year and then I plop down twleve hundred on an AT-AT??
(We won't even mention how I'd have to justify that to the hubby).

I doubt if this will become a reality for me but then I said I wasn't ordering the mini sabers either and at 9:15 this morning I became the proud owner of the complete Jedi set with the free display case.  
I have no will-power  :-\.
Beth

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 09:26 AM »
For anyone who DOES decide to get this, and who perhaps owns a digital camera, I'd personally be appreciative of some photographic details done of it...  

If I had money to burn I'd buy this in a heartbeat.  To me, this is a major vehicle for the trilogy.  It's easily my favorite.  I'm just so disappointed by the price.

It's nice, but I've had cars for far less that were good, solid, well running cars.  I mean, that's insane.

The size doesn't look too big though guys.  I don't think so anyway.  I can tell that it's done to-scale with the main studio prop as well.  I think that's the reason for the size of it.  It truly is a prop replica.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2004, 05:39 PM »
I have heard that this wonderful piece was taken from the AT-AT model that is with the Magic of Myth.

A very, very, very, nice piece. If I wanted to give up most of my collection I would get this item but I will not due to price. Adam when you get this item I want to come over and see it.

I once had the X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I was in a bit of financial trouble so I had to let them go to make ends meet. If I still had those two I would charge the AT-AT just to have it. But then I would be  in deep debt again.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com