Author Topic: "Vintage" OTC Figures - Are You/Have You Preordered These?  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: "Vintage" OTC Figures - Are You/Have You Preordered These?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Jadesfire: The 8 figs for $89.99 are the ANH Luke w/ cloth, Ben, super poseable Han, and Leia.  I assume this will break down 2 per case.

The 12 figs for $65 is the Dagobah wave with the repack Cantina Han in there as well, I think.  

I think you guys are wise in pre-ordering.  Myself, the pricetag and uncertainity about availability and the whole idea, really, has settled it for me.  I won't be buying them.  Money is tight as well.

This is of course without seeing Yoda, Vader, or the Endor Han, so updates as warranted.   ;)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 08:23 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me Spuffy.  Looks like I have to wait for EE to post the ESB and ROJ wave then.

I'm still debating on ordering the Falcon though, I think I'd be able to snag that easier than the figures.
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 10:36 AM »
I'd wait on the Falcon too, speaking of which I have a POTF2 Falcon still MIB, I was thinking of unloading it to pick up the new better one.  Anyone want one :P

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 12:58 PM »
I preordered the first wave when it first hit EE.  Hopefully I will get the chance to preorder the other two as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Hasbro addressed the shipping of these "vintage" figures, but it didn't totally clear it up for me at least :):

Question: How will the Vintage figures be distributed?

Answer: Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys “R” Us, among others, are all planning to carry them in multiple ratios.

Multiple ratios, does that mean multiple waves as well?  I guess I'm just curious if these are going to be "miss them and tough turds" the way it sounded before.  Also, I see they don't mention re-releasing them on regular cards...but I suppose they wouldn't do that since it might endanger people skipping the $10 versions to wait for the $5 ones.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 2, 2004, 04:50 PM »
It sounds like most of you are going the preorder route, along with the fact that Entertainment Earth seems to be the popular choice.  I have never ordered from them before, but I don't think I have heard anything but good things about them.  I also have never ordered a "case" before, which kind of scares me because we usually don't put that large of amounts on our credit cards if we don't have to.  In the past I have ordered/preordered through Kebco (because of the single figures), but although I am patient...my recent orders have been really, really slow.  But, I have gotten pretty much everything...eventually.  I keep holding off to see if we find out that these won't be as limited as we have heard, but from what I have been reading, it is really just pointing to one shipment, although unclear how big of a shipment it is.  I just get this feeling that they might be tough to find regardless of how many, since they might only be coming once.  Figs such as Vader, Fett, Yoda, and the Stormtroopers especially.  Actually, with the lineup of characters, they could all be popular buys for casual fans and collectors alike.  Thanks for all the opinions everyone, I might have to bite the bullet and order a case (if the wifey doesn't care :P)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: March 4, 2004, 03:04 AM »
BBTS has them fpr preorder too, though I haven't gone to check the price yet. You can order sets instead of cases, if ye are interested in that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: March 4, 2004, 04:03 AM »
All BBTS has up for preorder currently is the first wave, priced at $44.95 for the set. They also have the vehicles and some of the other OTC stuff up for preorder too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: March 4, 2004, 09:51 AM »
Patiently waiting for EE to put up Wave 2 :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2004, 04:55 PM »
Did anyone else get the email from Newforce about these figures?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: March 5, 2004, 05:55 PM »
I did, yeah.  They weren't up yet the last time I checked.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 6, 2004, 04:59 PM »
I'm gonna rely on retail.  No sense in forking out a ton of money for extras that I don't need/want.

:P

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2004, 09:32 PM »
I ordered 2 cases.  This may actually be one of the few times that I leave something "Carded".  The other case is for trading purposes in case I miss something down the line or maybe even some Customs with the Luke, Han and Obi-Wan.

I just wish they'd do a case of the Stormtrooper.