Author Topic: The Official Fast Food Thread!  (Read 17873 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #30 on: March 5, 2004, 04:20 PM »
I had the supreme pleasure of partaking in In n' Out last time I was in California...it blows most Fast Food places out of the water...great stuff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 5, 2004, 04:31 PM »
McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Subway &  Kentucky Fried Chicken are all across the street from me.  To easy!  ;)

Heh, I live within walking distance of A&W, Wendy's (Tim Hortons), McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC/Taco Bell.  

I eat way too much of it, especially with work where we spend inordinate amounts of time driving.  We could stop for a meal, but that exceeds our meal allowance (dubbed the McMeal Amount) and it takes up considerable time.  When you have three meetings and they are all in different towns an hour or two away from each other, it propagates itself.  

Wendy's is preferable for me too.  I really enjoy the Mandarin Chicken Salad, but the burgers are the best of the bunch.  A&W has some bizarre lure for me as well, but I always regret eating it.  McDonald's usually ends up as a happy meal for me.  Like the burgers, the fry portion is tiny, as is the pop.  Caloric content is reasonable and I'm going to snack later anyway, so why not just eat 450 calories and then the snack, rather than 1500?  Plus I get a toy for the kid and look like a hero ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 5, 2004, 04:42 PM »
McDonals:

Double Cheeseburgers
Chicken Nuggets
Fries, duh!

Breakfast?

Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel
Breakfast Burrito, Mild Picante Sauce.
Hashbrowns. (I almost wrote hasbro when I typed that! :P)

Burger King:

Wopper. Thats it.

KFC:

Damn just near about almost everything.

My favorite? Pop corn chicken.

Bojangles:

Where can you go wrong there?

Favorite?

Chicken fried steak.

Sonics:

Their Poppers, and their shakes are the shizzle.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: No More Super Size at MickeyD's!
« Reply #33 on: March 6, 2004, 01:00 AM »
How do you guys really feel?  

I hate to say, but the utter and complete lack of personal responsibility in the US makes me laugh (not that we're all that far behind).  But Jee-zus people.  It's bad food.  You know it's bad for you.  You made the choice.  If you subsequently choose to go home, flake out on the couch and eat bon-bons (did anyone else find Peggy Bundy hot? :-[) then your ass, along with the rest of you, will get fat.  A lawsuit is going to fix that?  Nuh-uh.  Anyone else think it's a coincidence the same lead lawyer for all the tobacco lawsuits is the same lead lawyer going after fast food now?  Guess where his next targets are going to be?  Candy/pop/chocolate and then going screeching back to the early twentieth century, booze.  Be patient, we're busily denormalizing everything else anyway.  Unless you're a prude, you'll be unhappy ;)

I must say though, there is a dramatic difference in size between Canadian and US supersize.  Back in October when I was in Cincy, I wandered about for two hours searching for a Walmart.  I had flown out early and skipped lunch. so I was pretty hungry.  I supersized.  

Holy **** people.  

You could have fed a family of four on the fries.

You could have drowned a medium sized dog in the drink AND free refills?!

Bide your time.  Within a couple of years you'll find that the Atkins diet, while effective, has detrimental effects on both your kidneys and your cholesterol (oops, what was that about heart disease?).  The acrylamide that the loony, research dollar hungry researchers are whining about is a negligible factor.  Oh yeah, transfats?  So, people have been eating donuts for 100+ years or so and suddenly their bad for you?

Nope, the reality is that we eat too much of the crap (actually, too much period, portion sizes are huge these days), not enough good stuff and most people think exercise is walking from the car to the house.  Sorry, but it ain't that hard to figure out.  Ask your grandma, she knows.  Too much of anything will kill you. ::)

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
Re: burger king breakfast....real eggs?
« Reply #34 on: March 6, 2004, 10:05 AM »
got it again this weekend, now i feel like i am going to hurl
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 6, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Amen Morgbug.

I realized this long ago, thats why I started to order smaller portions when I'm there. And on the occasion when I feel like a medium in't going to cut it, I share the supersize.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 6, 2004, 11:20 AM »
Amen Morgbug.

I realized this long ago, thats why I started to order smaller portions when I'm there. And on the occasion when I feel like a medium in't going to cut it, I share the supersize.

See, what did I tell you!?

Told you that Super Size, is not good.  Medium is the best, I think.

They should get ride of the Large too!

J/K! ;)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 6, 2004, 01:06 PM »
They should get ride of the Large too!

Ill kill you.

:-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
Re: burger king breakfast....real eggs?
« Reply #38 on: March 6, 2004, 08:49 PM »
thats why i dont eat fast food. i just never eat anything. food is so unhealthy!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Wendy's Employees Caught Bathing in Dishwashing Sink
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2004, 07:44 PM »
Got this from Bloody Disgusting:

Bath time at fast-food restaurant

ADVANCE, N.C. - Two fast-food restaurant employees who bathed in a dishwashing sink took their hygiene a bit too far — but didn’t pose a health threat, the county’s health director said.

The caper came to light when a photograph developer spotted pictures of the men taking turns posing, in bathing suits, in a large sink full of bubbles, said Barry Bass, director of the Davie County Health Department.

“From a public-health standpoint, you want the employees to be clean,” said Bass, though he added the employees may have overdone it.

The sink at the Wendy’s has cleaning jets and is used to wash pots, pans and other cookware.
Bass said the restaurant won’t be cited for any health-code violations, because no health official directly observed a violation.

The restaurant’s manager assured health officials the sink had been sanitized and that it wouldn’t happen again, Bass said.

Wendy’s officials did not return calls for comment.

And yes, that sound you hear is Dave Thomas rolling over in his grave.

(My favorite part of this story, though, isn't the story itself--it's the location.  And by "location", I mean "state".)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 07:45 PM by Billy Corgan »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wendy's Employees Caught Bathing in Dishwashing Sink
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2004, 08:52 PM »
 -------------------------------------------
And by "location", I mean "state".)
---------------------------------------------

Uh, pardon? Got something against the Carolinas?  ;)

This is a disgusting story, however. I know the type who would work there, I live less than a block away from a Wendys
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2004, 09:26 PM »
My guess on location was going to be Arkansas...

Hey when you need to take a bath why not do it at work!  Factory workers and Pro Athletes get to take showers at work, why should the resteraunt worker be denied!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2004, 12:38 AM »
I've heard worse stories.  Not that much goes into a sink at Wendy's.  Now if you want to talk about pancake batter :-X

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2004, 12:40 AM »
That's awesome.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2004, 02:31 AM »
Adventures in Bathing: The Wendy's True Story.   ;)