Author Topic: We Need More Cantina Figures!  (Read 15825 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
We Need More Cantina Figures!
« on: March 8, 2004, 12:32 PM »
Besides the failed 6 Cantina Sets, the last Cantina Figure to hit the pegs was Djas Puhr 2 years ago >:(

From my ANH Wishlist...I think the following 6 are must makes for the Cantina

Hem Dazon
Bom Vimdin
Dannik Jerriko
Feltipern Trevagg
Myo
Braniac

And seen just outside the Cantina...we still need

CZ Droid
Wioslea

If they make these I'll be happy...I've given up on the Tonnika Sisters, its not going to happen.  Second tier guys for me include

Garouf Lafoe
Hrchek Kal Fas (I have some pretty nice customs of the Kel Fas's)
Yerka Mig or Merc Sunlet
Cantina Dude

I really hope those 3 pack rumors are true and 3 of the guys above are done!
« Last Edit: March 8, 2004, 12:44 PM by OCB »

SilverZ

Re: We Need More Cantina Figures!
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2004, 02:54 PM »
What a shame that these couldn't be executed as Screen Scenes. They could have given us the rounded bar end plus some inside machines and kegs, along with figures.

I'd actually be happy to see a few of the Holiday Special cantina guys added in there too. Well, not Bea Arthur.  8)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 9, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Someone shut this guy up! There was no 'Holiday Special',  >:(.

We've definately got to get those last few figures made, specially braniac and the sideburns guy wearing the black jacket and white pin stripe... and getting some random humans that are seen walking back and forth in Mos Eisley would be nice, too.

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: March 9, 2004, 03:18 PM »

Don't make me start a petition.  8)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 04:53 PM »

Don't make me start a petition.  8)

Lies!  >:(

*finger hovers over the BAN! BAN! BAN! button*

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 02:25 PM »

Hey now! Respecting others' opinions are the key to global prosperity!  ;)

Seriously, there are some good unused (in CANNON films) Rick Baker designs that show up... you know where.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Yeah, it's definitely been too long on the Cantina patrons...  What gives?!   >:(  Who was the last one we got?  Djas Puhr?  Hell, that was way over a year ago.  This has really become probably the most under-utilized section of the Saga by Hasbro, which is totally confounding to me since it's got such a great array of interesting alien characters to choose from still.  Obviously a proper Cantina playset is way overdue as well!   :'(  As for the figures, I definitely agree with Scott's "priority" choices here:

Hem Dazon
Bom Vimdin
Dannik Jerriko
Feltipern Trevagg
Myo
Braniac

CZ Droid
Wioslea (not quite as important)

I'll have to dig my old wishlist up, and see who I had on there too.  I guess it's a moot point to want to include those damned Tonikka Sisters though, eh?   :-\

Someone shut this guy up! There was no 'Holiday Special',  >:(.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree with you Brad.  This guy's a little off his rocker.  A ban, or at least a lengthy suspension, is probably in order for this clown, for shamelessly promoting one of the darkest moments in Star Wars history.

Actually, I blew our best chance for real justice.  I should've just kicked his ass when I had lunch with him a few hours ago!   >:(

Stupid me!   ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 07:13 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 08:27 AM »
I sure hope we get some of those cantina things listed above.  I am starting to think we may not and that would suck.  Hopefully 1 of the screen scenes will be 3 brand new figures and the other will be the Cantina Wave 2 figs.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Well lookee at what we have here...

http://collectibles.echostation.com/qna.shtml

Mock-up?  Looks like it, sort of goes with the rumor the Swami had last week about 2 3 Packs...here's the rumor list of possible Cantina Aliens and my guess at the other 3 pack

Banniss Keeg

Bom Vimdin

Elis Herlot (Givin)

Feltipern Trevagg (Gotal)

Hem Dazon

Hrchek Kal Fas (Tatooine)

Bom and Hem were all at the same table...that will be my guess (maybe with Ariel Schous or Braniac).  And it would make a great set of three

I'd love to see what Hem looks like!

SilverZ

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 05:32 PM »
Nice, that's very exciting to see. It's a bit odd that its literally the 3 WM packs jammed into a scene, but like you said, its a mock-up. I wonder if the 2nd set would have some rehashes, since that seems to be the idea with the TRU Jedi Council sets. Obviously it would be nice to get all-new figures and the "U" of the bar, of course.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Yeah, I think it's definitely time for a new wave of cantina patrons.  My way of doing it would be for two more Tatooine waves, mixing characters from the prequels too though. Perhaps each wave would have four new figures and be something like this:

WAVE 1

- CZ Droid X3
- Hem Dazon X3
- Tonnika Sister #1 X3
- Graga (TPM Mos Espa Merchant) X3

WAVE 2

- Myo the Cyclops X3
- Hrcheck Kal Fas X3
- Tonnika Sister #2 X3
- Bib Fortuna (TPM Podrace) X3

The Tonnika sisters would just be simple repaints in the color variation of the outfit to save Hasbro their hard earned money. ;)

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 01:43 AM »
Well yikes, RS is reporting that the Cantina set may now be a Kmart exclusive.  ??? We're fortunate to have quite a few left here in CA, but it would still be a nightmare. How's everyone elses Kmart preparedness?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 09:30 AM »
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping that this news isn't true...as far as being a K-Mart exclusive (although, that is better than not getting it at all).  There is one K-Mart somewhat close to us, but it has always been a wasteland in the toy section.  I haven't visited it for over a year, because they rarely had anything...it was out of the way for us...and the prices were always higher.  Last time (and only times I think) that I bought something there was the 300th Boba Fett way back when....and then I found a Jedi Starfighter a few weeks earlier than they were supposed to be out in 2002 and was excited for some Episode II stuff, so I picked it up.  Anyways, I'm not too crazy about K-Mart getting this, but I guess it is better than nothing.  I've enjoyed Target having many of the exclusives, I think I have at least seen every single one so far this year.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 12:29 PM »
Well yikes, RS is reporting that the Cantina set may now be a Kmart exclusive.  ??? We're fortunate to have quite a few left here in CA, but it would still be a nightmare. How's everyone elses Kmart preparedness?

K-mart carries toys???   ::)
I actually have a Kmart in the area and it will be totally unprepared.  
Beth

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 02:12 PM »
While I'm no fan of K-Mart, I belive that if they have an exclusive, they'll actually have to stock Star Wars.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com