Author Topic: My 1st Photonovel  (Read 5800 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
My 1st Photonovel
« on: April 19, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Hey all, I just wanted to give you all a heads up that my 1st of many photonovels has been posted at thecustomalliance.com.  It is called "CRISIS ON ABRIDON."

Check it out, let me know what you think of it!  Email me at pike1067@aol.com, or send me a PM!

:)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: My 1st Photonovel
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 12:06 PM »
Awesome!!!!!!  :o  :o  :o
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 12:09 PM »
http://www.thecustomalliance.com/cook/default.asp

Great stuff my man!

I love the head and hand swaps that you've done...theya re so simple and yet tremendously effective in creating neat little background aliens and humans that it turns into some great scenes

Love the Platform scenes and I really like the Holo Sidious/Gunray scenes.  The use of that base a projector was brilliant

Good stuff CHEWIE!!!  Look forward to more

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 12:32 PM »
Aw, thanks guys.  As long as Dan Curto is willing to post them, I will be willing to make more.  A lot more probably. ;)

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 05:03 PM »
Has anyone read the book Darth Maul:  Shadow Hunter?  It takes place right before EPI, which coincides with the timeline of my very amateur photonovel series.  I just started the book, and am holding off doing the next installment in the series because I am thinking about using part of the Darth Maul book as a basis for the story.  Is it a good book?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 07:21 PM »
Wow, that was an awesome photonovel, I implore you to make more.

Anyway, I saw you had more than a few class A customs mixed in there. How did you make some of them get that weathered look?

Also, shadow hunter was a good book, IMO.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 10:51 AM »
Let me see about those customs...

For the bounty hunters in the bar, I dry brushed a light mix of black, gray and brown acrylics over the initial paint applications.  The middle bounty hunter is my favorite, with the hood and big coat.  Also, I like that blue Dug from the POTJ Sebulba figure.

Thanks for the compliments, I will make many more very soon, and thanks for the review on the book.  I really like it so far.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 09:32 AM »
Awesome stuff man, I love those customs! My favorite would have to be the Shaak Ti one. Very cool.  :-*

Has anyone read the book Darth Maul:  Shadow Hunter?  It takes place right before EPI, which coincides with the timeline of my very amateur photonovel series.  I just started the book, and am holding off doing the next installment in the series because I am thinking about using part of the Darth Maul book as a basis for the story.  Is it a good book?

It's a thoroughly terrible book, in my opinion.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Terrible?  I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and so far it's pretty fun I think.  I'm not sure yet if I want to add some of the events into my next story.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 02:39 AM »
Man! That's great...I love all the customs in there...so great...

I think with a bit of paint I could create some Corsec officers based on this little puppy. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Thanks man!  If you do some customs, I hope to see them!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Cool stuff Justin!  I agree with Scott - amazing what a different world of Star Wars inhabitants you can create with some simple body part swaps.  Makes me wanna go out and buy a buttload of more figures to yank apart.

Looking forward to more...   8)

P.S.  I assume you don't need any pictures hosted anymore, like you mentioned to me a couple weeks ago...?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 02:43 AM »
That is truly amazing
Good work can't wait to see more
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Jedimac, well I might still send some pics of some assorted dioramas if that might be ok?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 02:46 AM »
Terrible?  I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and so far it's pretty fun I think.  I'm not sure yet if I want to add some of the events into my next story.

I read it CHEWIE.  I liked it so much that I read it a second time.  

I have enough left in this gun for a few shots on stun, or 1 shot set on kill.  I bet Qui-Gon wishes he had set it for kill given where the blast lands!   ;)

Nice photonovel!  I made those same Aqualish and Ithorian senators way back when you first gave me the idea of the Lott Dodd head swaps.  The Rodian Senator looks good too when you use the CT Greedo head.

Good job!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda