Author Topic: OTC Visual Carded Checklist  (Read 68714 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: OTC Visual Carded Checklist
« Reply #30 on: August 6, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Yes, they are a thing of beauty Scott. Looking forward to having them in the collection!  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC Visual Carded Checklist
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2004, 01:16 PM »

A Thing of Beauty!

Indeed, but why does the 3PPO card look bigger.  Please, please tell me that's just a photoshop scaling error.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2004, 10:26 AM »
It's just a scaling error. Not all of Hasbro's images are exactly the same size. Don't worry, it's just like all of the other cards - exactly like the original. :)

Update on my collection: 6 down, 6 to go.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2004, 11:39 AM »
Just curious but, where can I find images of the NON OTC figures that come on the OTC style cards (Padme, Rabe, Pablo, Sly etc.) and will those images end up in this section because they come on identical cardbacks? Also, what cards are the E3 preview figures going to come on? Thanks,
Todd

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 6, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Has anyone checked the booklet that is being inserted into current star wars product?  The Guide to Star Wars Toy Galaxy?  I pulled mine from the Aayla Unleashed figure.  On the page where it lists the 37 OTC figs it ends the list with ...and more coming soon

Huh?  Something I don't know about?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: September 7, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Does "soon" end with a question mark in the booklet, or is that you adding that in there Brent?

Either way, I wouldn't hold your breath.  It's possible that they originally planned to make the Cantina wave a continuance of the OTC line, but ultimately I think they decided to just end it with the Scanning Tech and Holo Emperor.  At least that's what Hasbro's said everywhere.  I think we'll know for sure when we see the first carded samples of that Cantina wave, since the Naboo and Courescant waves are Prequel figures, and don't technically count.

But maybe they're potentially implying that the beautiful OTC line will have an eventual re-birth of sorts sometime down the line, like in late 2005 when the Ep. 3 initail release is starting to slow down a little.

But I really don't think there's any more OTC surprises left in store for us at this point though, unfortunately...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 7, 2004, 12:24 AM »
Nope, an exclamation point. 

I'm not holding my breath as I guess the scanning tech (has anyone found them?) would count as more, so they could be done right there. 

I think it's an attempt to be Kenner-esque in styling and probably not much more than that.  I was also curious if any new info had snuck out, but sadly, no.  Thanks for the answer.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #37 on: September 7, 2004, 12:55 AM »
I found that booklett in my unleashed Tusken Raider yesterday and was wondering the same thing...  ???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2004, 08:59 AM »
Added the OTC Holo Emperor

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Anyone seen a picture of a carded Scanning Crew Member yet? 

Offline JangoJeff

• Youngling
  • Imperial at heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 09:51 AM »
I was wondering the same thing! I have seen the loose one but not the carded one! You would think Hasbro would have a pic!... ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 10:01 AM »
Yeah they haven't shown anything yet, Have Case Assortments shown up yet that have the Scanning Member in it?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Yeah they haven't shown anything yet, Have Case Assortments shown up yet that have the Scanning Member in it?

Wave 11.5 at EE:

"Star Wars - The Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4 inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 11.5. Includes all-new vintage-style packaging that resembles the original line of Kenner Star Wars action figures. Contains 12 individually packaged action figures including , 1x Scout Trooper (OTC #11), 1x Tusken Raider (OTC #23), 1x Darth Vader- The Empire Strikes Back (OTC #29), 1x Gamorrean Guard (OTC #30), 1x Bib Fortuna (OTC #31), 1x Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (OTC #32), 1x Princess Leia in Slave Outfit (OTC #33), 1x Darth Vader - A New Hope (OTC #34), 1x Han Solo - AT-ST Driver Disguise (OTC #35), 1x General Madine (OTC #36), 1x General Lando Calrissian (OTC #37), 1x Imperial Scanning Crew Member - Fans' Choice #6 (OTC #38) (subject to change)."

Due in September...

:)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Posted on the front page of Scum by Curto, a carded Imperial Trooper (Scanning Crew Member).

Imperial Trooper Found!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2004, 01:36 PM »
Has anyone checked the booklet that is being inserted into current star wars product?  The Guide to Star Wars Toy Galaxy?  I pulled mine from the Aayla Unleashed figure.  On the page where it lists the 37 OTC figs it ends the list with ...and more coming soon

Huh?  Something I don't know about?

Another question about the booklet.  Mine has an error in the checklist.  #30 is listed as Biker Scout.  It should be the Gamorrean Guard figure.  Is this common in the books?