Author Topic: Your Avatar...  (Read 35709 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Should I use this avatar?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Without ewoks, there may have been a problem bringing that shield down on Endor.  Until, of course, my fellow Dresselians succeeded.  But the extra time that would have taken may have meant curtains for the Rebel Fleet against those Star Destroyers and Death Star.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Avatar...
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2003, 12:52 AM »
This one needs a big bump.  Mine was a custom made by the good folks over at snowtroopers.ca.  I used to give the mods a hard time over there, so they dubbed me the "grumpy snowtrooper".  Take Grumpy, give him a lightsaber (red, of course) and here I am.  

Howzabout the rest of the newer folks?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Ghidorah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2003, 03:43 AM »
Mine is a picture of one King Ghidorah's three heads.
You suck at life.

Ewoks own you.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2003, 11:46 AM »
I had to find one when I signed up becuuse the default avatar selection here... well... sucks.

I came accross this one, Tie Fighter Pilots are cool, and this one is kinda animated which is neat.

I would love to drive down the highway wearing one of those helmets.

No special story..

That's it.....

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

obi_robz

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2003, 12:17 PM »
Mine is a photo of my own Obi-Wan Cold Weather Gear, because I wanted an avatar of my fav character, but not a version of Obi that everyone else uses. I have about six variations, sometimes “holographic”, sometimes with a UK flag background etc., so I might be changing it from time to time.

Can I just say that DSJ has the best avatar on any Star Wars forum, ever :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Your Avatar...
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2003, 12:50 PM »
Can I just say that DSJ has the best avatar on any Star Wars forum, ever :)

Yes, I do according to other forums for best Avatar.  8)
R2 just Rocks!  People have said that when they feel a little down, they see my Avatar & it puts them in a Happy mood.  :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2003, 02:15 PM »
Something about that avatar just suits you so perfectly Dale...  Must be the always cheerful disposition and helpful attitude (of both you and R2)!   8)

I had to find one when I signed up becuuse the default avatar selection here... well... sucks.

Yeah, I've gotta agree with you there Scott!  Definitely an area in need of some improvement here.  I'll hit the boss up about it, and see what we can come up with.  Thanks for the impetus!   ;)

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2003, 03:27 PM »
My avatar is from the movie Carrie. I grew up watching horror movies, and this one actually scared me a bit, only for the fact that I thought that because I shared a name with the character, I would surely meet the same fate in life. Well, hasn't happened yet, and I made it through high school without killing a whole bunch of people (barely), so that's a good thing. Regardless, the image of Spacek in front of the flames, covered in pig's blood, is such a striking and memorable one, that I thought it suited me perfectly. Plus, I'm a horror freak, so, it's natural that I should choose an avatar that reflects that.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2003, 04:10 PM »
CC...did you just copy and paste that from Rebelscum? Hehehe. I always feel conflicted about whether or not I should answer questions here that are also over there (like this thread). I had the same dilemma over at GH.

I figure most everyone is reading both threads anyway.  

But for those of you that didn't see the other thread....mine is just a picture of my collection. I used to update these weekly, and I may start doing that again one of these days. I'm thinking I need a picture of my battle droid army. It's growing to gigantic proportions.
Got Clones?

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2003, 04:34 PM »
No, Josh, I put a bit of a different spin on it here. I tend to elaborate more in my posts here for whatever reason.  But I know what you mean, sometimes I pass on making duplicate posts on the same topic in different forums. It's one of those things I wrestle with every day....  ;)
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2003, 09:27 PM »
My avatar is Space Moose.  Space Moose was the star of a an extremelyprofane comic strip that ran in a Canadian college's newspaper in the early 90's.  
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2003, 07:10 AM »
My avatar is Space Moose.  Space Moose was the star of a an extremelyprofane comic strip that ran in a Canadian college's newspaper in the early 90's.  

And for the record, extremely funny.  Cosmo emailed me a link last year after I inquired about it following a similar thread at RS.  Its not for everyone though, there's definitely some raunchy stuff going on.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2003, 04:23 PM »
No, Josh, I put a bit of a different spin on it here. I tend to elaborate more in my posts here for whatever reason.  But I know what you mean, sometimes I pass on making duplicate posts on the same topic in different forums. It's one of those things I wrestle with every day....

I'm sure the struggle is as epic as mine is.

There is one important difference. It's very easy to keep track of which site I do all my arguing on.  That can stay over there. Until I get banned like Cory.... ;D
Got Clones?

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2003, 10:33 PM »
Mine is one I found actually and he makes me laugh so I have decided to make him universal for all appearances of the entity  Hansloroll
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2003, 11:10 PM »
Mine is one I found actually and he makes me laugh so I have decided to make him universal for all appearances of the entity  Hansloroll

That's when he did that one skit on Saturday Night Live, right?
dustrho