Author Topic: The Will Ferrell Appreciation Society  (Read 15452 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

SilverZ

Apparently there's enough footage ready for the fall to create a psuedo-second feature, "Wake Up, Ron Burgundy" according to some of the folks at DVDTalk:

McKay: Yeah, we're going to put out a DVD with all of it. We literally had enough extra footage that we made another, second movie called Wake Up, Ron Burgundy. That's right. I'm not kidding. That is not a joke. It's absolutely true. It's an hour and forty minute second movie of entirely fresh material that will eventually be put out on DVD.

Dark Horizons

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 06:49 PM »
Wouldn't you feel sort of akward if Cory liked a movie that you liked? I'd feel like I was in the wrong.

I would probably pack up and move to somewhere in southeast Asia to become a Buddhist monk, where I would undoubtedly spend the rest of my days questioning my existence.

Not to worry, though--I have a tendency to only like good movies.  I don't think we'll be getting our "DVD libraries" confused, any time soon. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Corey is cool.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Curious George (2005) (filming) (voice) .... The Man in the Yellow Hat

OOOOOOH Yes...   I believe my heart just skipped a beat.

If this is a film just for kids, I'll be kinda bummed, but I'm hoping for somethign with some slick humor in it like Shrek or Toy Story.

Loves me Some Monkeys!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Back to Anchorman for a moment:

I love Will, but I wouldn't be nearly as psyched for this movie if it weren't for these two guys:

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOOUUTT!"

Steve Carell--Daily Show correspondent, and the man behind the funniest scene in Bruce Almighty.

And Fred Willard.  No words necessary, except for maybe. . .

"Hey, wha' happen?"

Cory

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 02:42 PM »

Not to worry, though--I have a tendency to only like good movies.  I don't think we'll be getting our "DVD libraries" confused, any time soon. . .

I've been lurking for a quite a while, waiting to see how much **** could be spoken behind my back, in what now seems to be typical Jedi Defender fashion, and I felt as if it needs to be addressed.

Scott: I don't know what it is that I ever said, or done to you, but why do you insist on playing into the whole "Sanford" gimmick? I used to think you were a pretty class guy until all this unfolded, you you chummed up with Matt B, here. What gives?

Matt:

First of all, much like your friend Force Guy, I don't know if you're an enigmatic coward, or a goddamn genius.

You can insult others, but you are careful not to open yourself up to criticism? Why is that? Too insecure?

As usual, you fail to grasp the concept of opinion or taste, especially in movies. In addition, I think you're afraid to admit that we may have similarities, but you'd never bother looking for them because you enjoy conflict, correct?

Being the internet and all, you'd think this is one place where you don't have to be so privy, but alas.

All:

Keep the Sanford jokes coming.Anyone ever bother checking out the feedback, and sales record for "junkyard_junkies" on eBay? See how much "junk" I've been selling? Or is that jealousy is breeding envy, in turn, even more ignorance?

Just thought I'd clear the air before the "Cheers" of the internet turns into the "Sweet Valley High" of Star Wars collecting forums.

I'm not expecting a serious reply to this, I just felt as if Berry should realize what kind of environment he's promoting/allowing here. Word does get around, rest assured.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 02:45 PM by Cory »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Oh, good Lord.

Stop being so butt-hurt, guy.

I'm really tired, and getting ready to either go see Spidey 2, or drive to Tulsa (or both), but I'll defintely respond to this later.

Maybe this time you can hang around instead of pulling another hit-and-run posting job and deleting your account again.

Cory

Had a new tirade for ya, but you've replied, so nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:11 PM by Cory »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Well, thanks for the reaffirmation of your cowardice, Matt.

And. . .  what cowardice would that be, exactly?

I've decided to stick around, since it seems you need a babysitter again.

Thanks, Dad.  Sorry I've been bad.

I've been lurking for a quite a while, waiting to see how much **** could be spoken behind my back, in what now seems to be typical Jedi Defender fashion, and I felt as if it needs to be addressed.

There wasn't any sh!t being spoken behind your back--anytime I've ever mentioned you, I've done it with the full knowledge that you would have been reading.  You may have "deleted your account" (multiple times), but it's always been plainly obvious that you were reading.  Same thing with me and Rebelscum--I may have been banned a long time ago, but I still hang out there a couple of times a day--looking for sig file material.  

Matt:

First of all, much like your friend Force Guy, I don't know if you're an enigmatic coward, or a goddamn genius.

Force Guy is the goddamn genius.  Me?  I'm the enigmatic coward.

You can insult others, but you are careful not to open yourself up to criticism? Why is that? Too insecure?

Yeah, I am insecure.  I hate myself, and my lot in life, and have been contemplating suicide for years.  I'm terribly disappointed with the way things have turned out.  I'd be the first to admit it.

Be that as it may, that doesn't mean that you don't suck.

As usual, you fail to grasp the concept of opinion or taste, especially in movies. In addition, I think you're afraid to admit that we may have similarities, but you'd never bother looking for them because you enjoy conflict, correct?

I do enjoy the conflict, yes indeed--but only with the people that deserve it.  And you, with your homophobic, racist, holier-than-thou views on life and society, deserve it more than anyone else I know.

Being the internet and all, you'd think this is one place where you don't have to be so privy, but alas.

You'd think.

Keep the Sanford jokes coming.Anyone ever bother checking out the feedback, and sales record for "junkyard_junkies" on eBay? See how much "junk" I've been selling? Or is that jealousy is breeding envy, in turn, even more ignorance?

Ignorant jealousy on my part.  The amount of money you make, or the number of feedback you get, well, that's nice, but that doesn't change the fact that your worldview reveals you to be a despicable human being.

Just thought I'd clear the air before the "Cheers" of the internet turns into the "Sweet Valley High" of Star Wars collecting forums.

I'm not expecting a serious reply to this, I just felt as if Berry should realize what kind of environment he's promoting/allowing here. Word does get around, rest assured.

I think Berry should be the one to respond to this, but first:  Word gets around?  Are you telling on us for being mean to you?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:10 PM by Virex »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
And let me just say this, before anyone else can:

That is enough! Since this has gone out of hand, this thread is now

This will stop!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 03:21 PM »

Scott: I don't know what it is that I ever said, or done to you, but why do you insist on playing into the whole "Sanford" gimmick? I used to think you were a pretty class guy until all this unfolded, you you chummed up with Matt B, here. What gives?

Hey...I have nothing against you and never had.  That said...I don't like how you've had some snide little comments about this site as well.  Yeah there are people here that don't like you and have made that fact public.  But we aren't here to make everyone get along and our "community" has been doing better than it ever has to tell you the honest truth.  We track that sort of stuff and things have never been better

People aren't talking here behind your back, most members that are talking about you are banned from the place you post so they have no choice.  I think they would be saying the same thing to your face if they could and you wouldn't have deleted yourself 3 times here already.

Like I said, its not our job to make sure everyone here gets along and likes each other, that is shortsighted and la-la-land type thinking.  If you have problems with members of this site, please e-mail them or PM them.  If you further problems talk to Berry

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 03:21 PM »

Matt:

All:

Please do let word get out (though I don't see how it is not already, being a public forum) that JediDefender doesn't allow the stupid crap to go on here and those that do are banned from the forum. I want to enjoy my time online, at my website and if a person or people are bringing down this forum in my eyes, they are dealt with. If you don't like it here or don't like the people, don't post or read here. Simple as that. The high class of collectors that are allowed to be here and contribute in a postive manner don't need their time wasted. This is not directed at you- but to everyone.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
And let me just say this, before anyone else can:

That is enough! Since this has gone out of hand, this thread is now

This will stop!

Agreed...lets get back on topic and leave the snide back and forth to Private Conversation please.  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:24 PM by OCB »