Author Topic: The Will Ferrell Appreciation Society  (Read 15545 times)

Cory

Thank you, Matt! This is all I ever wanted to hear from you. Honest to God.

The cowardice I was referring to is your tendencies to be nonconfornatational, even though you're the one that starts the fire.

There wasn't any sh!t being spoken behind your back--anytime I've ever mentioned you, I've done it with the full knowledge that you would have been reading.  

I know that everything you say is intentional, I was moreso talking about everyone else, some of which from the last people I'd ever expect.

I do enjoy the conflict, yes indeed--but only with the people that deserve it.  And you, with your homophobic, racist, holier-than-thou views on life and society, deserve it more than anyone else I know.

I'm just misundertood. You know how it be.  :'(

Still doesn't answer the irony in exploiting the differences and refusing to explore the similarities, all because you think " I suck".

I think Berry should be the one to respond to this, but first:  Word gets around?  Are you telling on us for being mean to you?

I don't have any intentions of "outing" any misconduct on these boards. People come and go, and they visit alot as well. I am sure they witness the undue slander that goes on at times.  I think this site tends to be selectively contradictory and favorable at times.

I believe it was BDW that was quoted as JD not being a place for Rebelscum rejects to come and bitch, when the amount of RS bashing on this board has no equal.

Thanks for the honest reply.

SilverZ

deleted in respect for keeping it private.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:28 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
OK OK enough...seriously

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com

This reminds me... I've GOT to watch Old School again.  Soon.

:)

Oh, and since I'm too lazy to click through the DVD thread, can someone tell me when "Elf" is due out?   Another great Will movie.  

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
November I believe on Elf, haven't seen that one myself, waiting for DVD I guess.  My parents and siblings all gave it a thumbs up

SilverZ

Should be November, with Favs commentary, I believe. I'd love for him to do another visual commentary, this time with Farrell, along the lines of the Made and Swingers DVD commentaries. They're classic.

Cory

Takin' it to PM.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:41 PM by Cory »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Ron was in character today on TRL... Not that I wach TRL everyday after class.  :-[

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
LIES!

I know you tape it if you're not going to be home...  Don't deny.

I saw that too actually...  I was uh, flipping around.   :-X

I like Farrell a lot, but I'm still planning on going to see Spiderman2 first.  I just have a bad feeling about this movie...  I'll likely see it too though, so who knows. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
I was uh, flipping around.   :-X

Yea, me too.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I went Friday night...

Packed theater, and rightly so.  It's very funny...

Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to this film as much as some others I was wanting to see, but I was really happy I went...  My female companion was moore interested in seeing this as were my friends, so it was a nice get-together as well, but the movie rocked.

Spoilers...
Plenty of space?

Favorite part was easily the combat sequence between all the different channels.  Tim Robbins as the lead of the Public Channel was funny, but all the comedian cameos of that "clique" were funny too...  And a surprise.  I didn't know they all popped up.

Old "Brick" throwing the Trident was the best part of the sequence though.  The whole theater was howling at that...

Also, a funny political shot at the end when they gave the updates on where each character went in life...  :)

Staying till the end yields some extra stuff, but nt a ton.  Outtakes, and a little bit of Ron Burgundy and the guys at the end.

Very funny...  I've seen a lot on "making of Anchorman" specials that didn't make the film surprisingly...  Funny stuff too.

Nobody else catch it this weekend?  Seems unlikely!

I'd say, out of everyone, "Brick" gets the most laughs throughout the film.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
I saw it Friday night. Funny show. I'll probably buy it when it's out on DVD.

"I pooped a hammer."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Posted about it last night in the movies thread...forgot about this baby.

Where the heck has Virex run of to this time? He's been MIA for a while now, and damn if I don't miss him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Perhaps he has bought a lifetime pass to the film and is watching it repeatedly?  No time to post then?

Tis a good film afterall.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
We went Friday night (sold out as well), and really enjoyed it.  Would have been better if we didn't have to sit down in the "kiddie" section with all the junior high kids...but we should have gotten there earlier then.  Anyways, the movie is very good...and quite funny I thought.  Steve Carrell (Brick) did steal the show though I think, and the outtakes at the end (during the credits) are funny too.  I'd recommend seeing it as well, good movie.