Author Topic: U2  (Read 7958 times)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: U2
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 09:29 PM »
 :) U2 has been one of my favorite bands since the early 80's with Sunday,bloody,Sunday.Seen them in Concert twice.Did a drawing of them that hangs on my wall
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 01:08 PM »
When did Clive Owen join U2?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2008, 12:21 AM »
Saw U2 3D while I was in nashville.  Wow, it was very cool.  The effects are quite good and the concert was a nice collection of oldies and new songs from Atomic Bomb.  I've never been a big fan of Bullet the Blue Sky, but it was quite the production in the film.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: January 5, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Does anybody care about U2 anymore?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 5, 2009, 05:22 PM »
The last U2 album that I bought new was "Rattle & Hum".  And since then I traded off all of my U2 albums to buy other CD's.  I toyed with buying "Achtung Baby" over the weekend but passed.

I think they've done some amazing things as a band.  And somehow they still manage to be relavent.  But my musical interest lies elsewhere.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 04:22 PM »
Heard about this on the radio today...  the first single from the upcoming album:

http://goyb.u2.com/
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2014, 03:21 PM »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 07:02 AM »
Millions Upset Over Free U2 Download

Apple Allows For U2 Album Removal

I haven't had a chance to listen to the CD yet but I don't understand how a free CD being put on a device is a violation of your rights, as some people online have claimed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 08:10 AM »
What if it was something truly offensive?  Propaganda or something?  I think that's the source of the outrage.  If iTunes can push one album onto your iPhone without your permission, they can push ANY album onto your iPhone without your permission.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 07:32 PM »
They can't.  I have an iPad, iPod and iPhone.  The only way to get this album is to go to the iTunes market place and download it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 06:59 AM »
It isn't that they actually put it on devices, it was put in everyone's cloud.  Considering some people pay for icloud storage, having something in their that you don't want is annoying.  If you don't pay for extra cloud storage, it is still taking up space in your free storage.  You have to pay for iTunes match, which is the only way you can delete songs/albums in the cloud that you no longer want.  Without that, you would have been stuck with the U2 album in the cloud until they put out the "patch" to get rid of it.

Personally, since I am not a U2 fan, I view this essentially as junk mail.  I have been sent something I didn't want and now it is my problem to dispose of it.  Not that big of a deal, but it is annoying.  If I had wanted this album, it isn't that difficult to go to iTunes store and download it.  That would have made it more like a guy handing out flyers.  If you want one, you take it.  Otherwise, you just move on without being inconvenienced.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 08:59 AM »
What if it was something truly offensive?  Propaganda or something?  I think that's the source of the outrage.  If iTunes can push one album onto your iPhone without your permission, they can push ANY album onto your iPhone without your permission.

As a long time fan of U2, believe me when I say this WAS something truly offensive - the album is the worst collection of songs they have ever released. After listening to the album all the way through twice, I prompty deleted the songs from my iPhone.

You know what they say about "you get what you pay for"? Well clearly there's a reason why this album is being given out for free.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 01:49 PM »
It's really the worst collection of songs they've ever released? Not trying to start anything but as a longtime fan myself, I find that hard to believe. Everyone has their own tastes, but there's a couple songs on here, Iris for one, that are as good as it gets.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 01:29 AM »
It's really the worst collection of songs they've ever released? Not trying to start anything but as a longtime fan myself, I find that hard to believe. Everyone has their own tastes, but there's a couple songs on here, Iris for one, that are as good as it gets.

Fair enough - I will grab Iris off my cloud storage and give it another chance.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!