Author Topic: Vintage OTC Figures - The Return of the Jedi  (Read 37743 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage OTC Figures - The Return of the Jedi
« Reply #120 on: October 5, 2004, 04:21 PM »
My Wave 3 case is now processing from EE ;D

YES!

My case is processing as well!   ;D

Most excellent news.

Lando, Chewie, Fett, Stormie, and R2 shall be mine within a week or two...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #121 on: October 5, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Holy crap on a crap cracker!

Not only the ROTJ VOTC, but post-OTC wave 2 and the final OTC waves are in, too. Pretty good figure week!  ;D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 5, 2004, 08:55 PM »
My Wave 3 case is now processing from EE ;D

YES!

My case is processing as well!   ;D

Most excellent news.

Lando, Chewie, Fett, Stormie, and R2 shall be mine within a week or two...

Me too!!!  I only need to pick up an extra Chewie and R2 to open. 
Beth

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 6, 2004, 01:42 AM »
Holy crap on a crap cracker!

Not only the ROTJ VOTC, but post-OTC wave 2 and the final OTC waves are in, too. Pretty good figure week!  ;D

WOW!  :o I am now caught up for the year for basic figures in one fell swoop!  Minus Wave 11 which is still on back order.  Great timing, no need to look for short packed VOTC Chewy/R2 anymore!. :) 
« Last Edit: October 6, 2004, 01:43 AM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 6, 2004, 08:55 AM »
Really wish I would have ordered one of those cases now too.  Amazon.com (briefly) had the ROTJ wave in stock this morning, but unfortunately I was a little too late for my favorite Wook.  I did get a Fett (who last I checked was still in stock - 3 left - if you need him), and all of the Star Wars stuff currently has free shipping, so it isn't much more than retail right now.  If any of you have an extra Chewie you want to get rid of, just let me know :P.  Anyways, glad to hear that everyone's cases were shipping.  E-tail has been a little more dicey this year the way it seems, so it is great news that people are able to get what they ordered.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: October 6, 2004, 11:02 AM »
I am still surprised that the local Targets here have ZERO vOTC figures.  None on the floor and none in the back-rooms.   :(

Target has this big sale, the figures are popping up all over the country, yet here in MN (Target's HQ) we have nothing.  Usually Target is the best place for shopping, but they've really let me down this time.

Times like these make me glad to have placed that pre-order on-line.  Now I can be done with collecting for a while and not have to worry about braving the stores during the evil shopping days ahead...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 6, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Now I can be done with collecting for a while and not have to worry about braving the stores during the evil shopping days ahead...

That is an excellent point Jeff.  Anything to avoid excessive trips shopping during the November/December months is a good thing.  With now picking up Boba Fett via Amazon this morning, I'm at 11 of 12 of the VOTC, with just a Chewie (or two) to get.  If I don't see him in the next couple weeks, I might go the ebay route, if necessary.  Other than a few other minor things (Slave 1, Bounty Hunters Galactic Heroes, a few basic figs) the rest of the year should be somewhat light.  Of course, it always seems that way and then something else will come up (like the next Unleashed wave).  It wouldn't be so bad to have a little break before the Episode III hype machine though, I know I've spent more than I thought I would this year already :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 6, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Forgot to add, that is a good point about Target as well.  I used the DCPI at the one Target that has that sort of "scanner", and they didn't have any in stock at all either.  Seems strange.  Especially strange for that to be happening to you guys up in Targetland Minnesota.  Where are they at? :)

SilverZ

« Reply #128 on: October 6, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Forgot to add, that is a good point about Target as well.  I used the DCPI at the one Target that has that sort of "scanner", and they didn't have any in stock at all either.  Seems strange.  Especially strange for that to be happening to you guys up in Targetland Minnesota.  Where are they at? :)

I'm glad others are becoming DCPI dependant as well. I now carry inventory numbers for anything I still need in my wallet. If you take it to the CS counter, or the electronics section, they can check not only their inventory, but surrounding stores inventory as well. We're in the same boat out here with VOTC. My closest store had none yesterday in front or back, and the 7-8 surrounding stores all had less than a case worth's total in inventory. It's like they got a wave of figures nationwide a couple weeks ago and then just choked out.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 6, 2004, 08:03 PM »
Still haven't gotten my Boba!  >:(
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 7, 2004, 09:13 AM »
Just mentioned in the "purchases" thread, but thought I'd post it here as well.  If you hurry, Amazon.com currently has Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and the Stormtrooper back in stock this morning.  R2 was sold out, but maybe he will come back as well.  They had all four yesterday morning as well, then sold out, and must have re-stocked overnight.  I've got a Boba and Chewie coming my way in a week or so, and that'll finish me out with the VOTC (although I'd like to pick up an extra Chewie if I find/see one).  Anyways, just thought I'd give anyone the heads up who is interested...free shipping on all the figs as well.

Checked TRU and our 2 Targets yesterday for the VOTC, and nothing new.  TRU had the same ANH figures they've had warming the pegs for the past month or so.  Both Targets were sold out of them (well 1 Han at one of them I guess), and the other was offering rainchecks or alternate figures (Animated Batman in this case) at a reduced price as a "substitute".  Checked the stockroom as well, nothing there either.  Doesn't look like Target (at least this one) will be getting these any time soon.  Surprisingly enough, this particular Target was also sold out of the re-released X-Wing, and offering the same deals for that (rain check or Batmobile at reduced price).

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #131 on: October 7, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Damn! Second day in a row I missed out on Chewie! I'll have to check tomorrow morning before work.

Wow! Surprisingly, the Stormtrooper is the only VOTC ROTJ figure that's still in stock! Picked up a couple more.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2004, 10:30 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: October 7, 2004, 06:06 PM »
Damn, I can't even find the VOTC at Amazon...  I hate these sites that have terrible search features.   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 7, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Damn, I can't even find the VOTC at Amazon...  I hate these sites that have terrible search features.   >:(

Ditto.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 8, 2004, 12:02 AM »
I guess the VOTC are gone from Amazon? I could only find Vader, Han, and Obi-Wan.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks