Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 193148 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #375 on: March 11, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Man, can eBay **** up the site even more!  >:(

Today I noticed, eBay made ******* Category Changes!

I have a bookmark for BIN vintage figures, just to the left in the "Narrow Your Results" was a section for Droids & Ewoks. Now that is gone, they combined it within the "Other" category thus far. Not only with vintage but other "Toys & Hobbies" on the bay. ****! If it ain't broken then don't fix it ya bunch of ******* ****tards! Now searching for stuff will take more time.  >:(

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #376 on: March 11, 2008, 09:50 PM »
****! If it ain't broken then don't fix it ya bunch of ******* ****tards!

For some reason I can't stop laughing at this.    ;D

I wish eBay would quit screwing with the categories as well.  Personally I liked it the way things were *before* they made a bunch of changes, and now they've gone and moved things around again.  I find it completely unnecessary to split vintage figures out by movie, and that's just a sampling of how they split things into way too many categories.  But I see why you're frustrated - their last big realignment screwed with all of my programmed searches as well.

John

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2008, 10:03 PM »

(click to see the new categories)

They're going to have even more mixing of modern and vintage listings since there's no home for OT figures from the Saga (2002-2004), OTC (2005) and TSC (2006) lines.  The changes were VERY poorly done.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:05 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2008, 01:40 AM »
Ebay's new category ****up is just another example why, to this day, I believe that some people just need to be shot.

Why the hell do they have a category for The Force Unleashed when it's a ONE TIME DEAL IN 2008 AND THEN IT'S DONE?!  WTF? 

Over the past few years I haven't gotten as up in arms over eBay changes as I have over the new 2008 updates.  The category changes, increased final value fees, the hidden bidder userids and the completely thrashed feedback system have basically rendered their site useless to me. 

I just bought an item yesterday that I'd been looking for since last summer and it was really my last resort so I used it.  But now that I'm done with that I don't think I have any further use for them.  It'll take a while to break the habit of hitting my saved searches every morning but I'll be sure to work on it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44 AM »

Why the hell do they have a category for The Force Unleashed when it's a ONE TIME DEAL IN 2008 AND THEN IT'S DONE?!  WTF? 

I don't think they know that. Odds are the people making the categories are not star wars collectors. I think they are just seeing the same words in listings and grouping things together. They don't know how long a group of items will last and they really don't care.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2008, 03:20 PM »
The people at eBay are morons. I bought a game from a seller, paid for it obviously, positive feedback was left on both sides and now I have a alert saying that I'm supposedly returning the game which I'm not. So now on my account it says I haven't paid for it and it will go against my account if I don't. I contacted a eBay "rep" and all they said was they could help me find the phone number to the seller. I know how to do that you stupid ass. And I already contacted the seller and haven't received a response.

**** you and your canned/scripted responses. >:(
I remember my dream now.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 20, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Okay, I haven't been paying much attention - but I thought sellers couldn't leave feedback anymore?

Is it just for stores?  Did it not go into effect yet?

I just left two feedbacks on things I sold and I didn't think I'd have that option.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 20, 2008, 02:57 PM »
As far as I know it's not in effect yet.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 20, 2008, 04:59 PM »
You can leave all the positive feedback you want.  You just can't leave negative.  At least once the new rule goes into effect, if it hasn't already.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2008, 11:58 PM »
So, you no buy agains? A minus feedback? 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 16, 2008, 11:03 AM »
I just had my first refund from a seller.

He claims that eBay is holding his paypal funds and he can't access them. So rather than holding my money, he just refunded it back to me.

Now this could be true and I know there is some new policy about this where eBay can hold your funds.

However in this specific case for this auction, it could be that the seller either didn't have the item or thought he could get more for it, so he just refunded me.

Either way, not matter to me as I was able to win another of the same item. But if this is true, then it's going to suck for sellers. If it's not true, I won't be able to report it and it would suck if sellers started using this as an excuse to get out of low winning bid auctions.

Meh, m use of eBay has greatly decreased. Even before the boycott I wasn't buying so much. It's dropped a bit since then.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 16, 2008, 12:26 PM »
I pretty much stopped using ebay alltogether. I had 3 separate transactions within a month were I had to get refunds from the seller since I never got anything. I know that if the seller is new to ebay that they hold the funds of the auction.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2008, 11:33 PM »
I really am beginning to hate eBay more and more. 

E...

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2008, 05:08 PM »
but if you do not use it more people will fine good deals
since there are less competitors