Author Topic: Does a new focus find you or do you find them??  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Does a new focus find you or do you find them??
« on: February 20, 2003, 10:27 AM »
I am amazed how sometimes one find will spark a new focus for me. Have you ever been obsessed with a charicter or package , ship or what have you because you stumble on something uniqe and you need to find more variants of the same piece?

example

I have been chasing down landspeeder items over the last few months. I have always liked it. It was my first toy so I wanted one loose and one MISB.

Well I got the loose one. Just like I remembered. Then I saw one at auction without an opening hood. Well that was a palitoy version so I had to have it. No big deal. Then I run into a vintage first shot. Had to have it. Now I am aquiring a second first shot but this one is in micro. Then Derby has a proof for the box so guess what. Gotta have it as well. So the moral of the story is have you ever been taken in for something you never thought you would?

I was just thinking about that last night when I was looking at some of my stuff and wondering how did I ever hooked on this stuff. But I am

Share your stories. after all we are all SW ;D junkies here
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:Does a new focus find you or do you find them??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 11:00 AM »
For me, it all depends on what I am looking for.
It all started with the Imperial Shuttle. First I got the Shuttle loose & complete. Then the Instrustions. Last, the box.

For figures, I got the hard ones out of the way first, then I moved on to the simple ones.

Now I have been getting the POTF coins one by one. Just got me the Anakin coin. Before that Yak Face from Tom Derby.

Right now I have been trying to get Proofs. I have a Proof Card of FX-7 ESB. I would like to get that Tatooine Skiff flat box that Gus has but I was out bid & will have to wait till close to the end of the auction. Fingers crossed.

Basically I just bounce around looking for what ever comes to mind. But when I do get onto something I want or need, I pursue it for awhile till I get it.  

Of course I always look for the deal.  ;)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 11:51 AM »
I am a Chewbacca collector. All things Chewbacca are considered. I have mostly modern carded (back to red card potf2) and some loose vintage stuff. He's just always been the favorite. His loyalty, his courage and that a character with a non-speaking role (language we understand) can be so dramatic and powerful without words. Plus, he just has great figures... Ever since 'A New Hope' he's just been my favorite.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 08:01 PM »
I'll collect anything from the second trilogy, but when Ep1 came out, I knew if I bought everything that came out at full regular price, I'd be not just broke, but having to sleep on the street because there'd be no room for me in the house.  So, I decided to concentrate on Padmé Amidala.  Of course, that didn't stop me from buying stuff I thought was cool, like blasters and lightsabers, or anything on clearance.  

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff