Author Topic: Episode III ~ The Video Game  (Read 13174 times)

Offline Theyrenotdolls

• Youngling
  • Always on the move....
    • View Profile
    • Theyrenotdolls.com
Re: Episode III ~ The Video Game
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005, 04:26 PM »
i'm playing the game now...it's fun....i had the problem with the huge sabers in the library as well
not sure what to do about it.   (xbox version)   

anyone  know why they didnt include all of the characters for the duel mode?  lots of the jedi are not in there and no maul, no magna guards, etc.   That's the only thing that stinks. 

DS
They're Not Dolls Custom Star Wars Action Figures: 

http://www.theyrenotdolls.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Finished it last night, in the end I thought it was a lot of fun and probably worth a purchase.  Especially if you enjoy the LOTR games.  Being set in a SW setting makes it that much more enjoyable IMO

My hope is that the keep doing these for different parts of the Saga

Offline RetroFaerie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Fashion Fling
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2005, 10:21 PM »
It is awesome!  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Rented it today, I'll start it tonight and post my thoughts later. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 04:07 PM »
I have it now for 2 days, and it is a rather nice game, but battling Dooku, Grievous and Windu made me freak out whenever you knock them down to an empty lifebar or almost empty, they seem to find new vigor and come at you more powerful than the whole fight before. Insane.

Anyway, I must say that seeing Anakin wipe out the Jedi as it happens in the game should've been in the movie. It is powerful, what the Jedi say, what Anakin says. That was sorely missing in the movie. Taunting Cin was good as well. When I beat Windu, I thought... neh, bit too easy.

I did find a way to score mucho Masterful kills. In the JediTemple, the section in the hangar, waves of Jedi come at you, and you quickly build up experience, hacking away in short time to Masterful kills. The meter empties than, but if you just continue on doing it, you reap a lot of much needed masterful kills.

I'm now at the point on Mustafar where you battle those Neimodian guards, been there just once so far.

A point I really don't like about it, is when you get clobbered, you really get clobbered. In the duels, it's almost as if your whole controller switches of. Jumping away doesn't work, force-push, nada...

Also, all those combo's, you never know if they work or not.

Ah well, it's a fairly nice game, and it does keep you coming back to further travel down the path, so that's good.

I hope the Obi-Wan fight is good, and that I'm not crap at it. I rarely play these kind of games, I prefer RTS and FPS.

BTW, I didn't have any of the huge sabres in the library and I have the XBox version.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 6, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Finished it last night, in the end I thought it was a lot of fun and probably worth a purchase.  Especially if you enjoy the LOTR games.  Being set in a SW setting makes it that much more enjoyable IMO

My hope is that the keep doing these for different parts of the Saga

Finally got around to spending some time with the game this weekend, and just beat it. Scott has the same thoughts on this game that I do, it ended up being a lot of fun (even though there were some serious glitches) and worth the purchase. I was a sucker for the EA LOTR games, so it may have factored in my enjoyment of this one.

If they retool the combo aspect, it'd be really cool to make other games based off the other movies.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 10:38 PM »
This was a great and awesome video game.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Hmmm, I wasn't really impressed myself...

I felt the game was a bit cartoony and kid-oriented.  It didn't aim for realism or immersion into the SW universe at all.  It was really just a hack & slash game for SW ala all the LOTR Trilogy releases in the same genre...  I felt it lacked something because of that.

Graphically it was imrpessive to look at though...  It included some pseudo-cut-scenes from the films too in a loose sense of how they were to be played out in the movie like the Jedi in the fuel tank and stuff.

As far as game play goes though, the whole style of this genre isn't my cup of tea.  I prefer shooters, RPG's, Strategy, or Simulation games...  We're long overdue for good ones of most of those save for Strategy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 02:56 AM »
Gotta agree with Jesse... I played it for about 20 minutes, and didn't really like it that much. It felt too linear, and was deep into the hack and slashing... Maybe I'll pick it up someday and give it a second chance, I am, afterall, a Star Wars nerd.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 12:37 PM »
The rankings were just like in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.  Interesting way of combining that with Star Wars.