Author Topic: Hamburger Helper Anyone?  (Read 4253 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Hamburger Helper Anyone?
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:09 PM »
Anybody else love to chow down with some delicious Hamburger Helper from time to time? Or at least once a week? I discovered the deliciously beefy goodness late in life, since while I was growing up my Mom actually cooked a real meal every night. But once I moved out, my first roomate introduced me to the food of the gods!! Ever since then, I've had to make HH at least once a week. So many flavors to choose from...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hamburger Helper Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Oh, yeah, good stuff!  Of course, we don't have it as often these days, with the wifey on a healthy kick and all.  But the other essential is our lives is KD!  With a 3 year old daughter, what else is there to eat?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Oh, yeah, good stuff!  Of course, we don't have it as often these days, with the wifey on a healthy kick and all.  But the other essential is our lives is KD!  With a 3 year old daughter, what else is there to eat?

OK, you got me on that one Jesse... wha'ts KD?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 12:22 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm down with some Hamburger Helper.  Big time!   8)

Well, not so much anymore, for the same reason Jesse mentioned above, but throughout my 9 years in college, I practically lived on the stuff.  Good bachelor food.  Wives just don't seem to "get it" though...

I liked at least 5 or 6 different flavors of it, if not more.  But a word of warning:  If you leave it out over night on the stove, and eat it the next day for lunch, you may become deathly ill.  Like yakking 'til you've got nothing left to yak but that green stomach acid!

Not that I've done that myself...   :-[

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 12:25 AM »
My wife "gets it" she gets it out of the cupboard and makes it for me...uh, uh...yeah

We do have it every now and then...I used to live on: Venison from home, Bagels, Spaghetti with no meat and Carl Budding Processed Meat sandwhiches.  Man I can't believe the crap I used to eat...we also ate Ground Turkey instead of Beef because it was cheap.

My favorite HH is Lasagna, but we've been having Stroganoff and the 4 Cheese Lasagna more and more.  I was also a big fan of Tuna Helper but Jenni is allergic to cooked fish so its a no go in the house.  The smell is reason enough to say, no thanks anyway

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 12:47 AM »
we also ate Ground Turkey instead of Beef because it was cheap.

Yeah, but now I use gruond turkey instead of beef because it's healthier that way. Not that mixing turkey with a box of HH turns it into health food, per se. But every little bit counts.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 01:04 AM »
Put down some Tuna Helper back in the day too.

Managed to get Patty on the HH kick the first several years we were together, now that I think about it.  Scott's post reminded me that Patty was making it for a while 'cause I remember her always demanding we go with the ground turkey as well.

But I'm not sure if she's made it even once since we got married 3.5 years ago.   >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 02:07 AM »
We eat Turkey too, its not the cheap stuff though (in a tube) its more expensive then beef I think

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 02:23 AM »

OK, you got me on that one Jesse... wha'ts KD?

Sorry Dave, KD = Kraft Dinner, macaroni & cheese!  I've probably eaten it a 1000 times, maybe more.  Man, I miss the days of living on student loans.  Funny thing is, we're still eating it...

And as for turkey HH, we've tried that too.  But it's too dry.  It leaves my Beef loving tastebuds unfulfilled.  But it's still edible at least.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 02:24 AM »
Ahhh yes, Kraft Mac & Cheese... another staple food for me as well.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 02:31 AM »
Oh please...  Mac and Cheese doesn't even count.   ::)  That one's a total no-brainer.  I used to buy those things buy the case at Costco.  Someone gonna mention Ramen next?  Don't even get me started...  :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 02:33 AM »
MMMMMMMMM Ramen noodles.... delicious!! I used to buy both the Mac & Cheese and the Ramen by the case at Costco myself... now I'm hungry, dammit!! I think I may actually have some Ramen noodles in the closet...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 02:36 AM »
You guys keep this up and I'm gonna dig out a case of beer, boil a package of noodles and really be back in university.  Cheers!  Time to go watch TV on a 13" screen while sitting on an egg crate. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Cheeseburger Macaroni is my favorite HH.  It's like eating mac and cheese with meat in it, but better.  The Salisbury Steak version is also good.  I go with the ground Turkey Breast.  It's less fatty.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 11:15 PM »
Haven't had HH for years, but I have a box of the Lasange HH in the pantry waiting to be made.  I bought it thinking that maybe w/ Shrek on it, my son would at least try it.  Nope, he had a meltdown about it, so it sits there on the shelf until I'll try again. 
He likes the Kraft mac and cheese- especially Spider Man or Scooby-Doo ones.
and no Bagel Bites mentioned?
You are starting to damage my calm.