Author Topic: VOTC question  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
VOTC question
« on: December 8, 2004, 09:14 PM »
Keep them in the clamshell or put em in a starcase??
I put a couple of mine in a starcase and DAM they look good
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: VOTC question
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2004, 09:54 PM »
Open em up.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Open em up.  :)

Oh yeah, open those suckers.   Unless of course you have already done so and want some carded for the nostalgia factor.

I'd keep them in the plastic cases they came with - but I bet they look really, really nice in your Star Cases.

:P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2004, 12:19 AM »
Keep them in the clamshell or put em in a starcase??
I put a couple of mine in a starcase and DAM they look good

Just out of curiosity, is the Star Case a clearer plastic, allowing it to look sharper?  What makes it look better to you?  I don't have any Star Cases, so I can't compare myself.   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2004, 01:57 AM »
I bet the star cases make them look better, since they don't have that awful OTC cardboard thingy nor the warning sticker, so I bet they look pretty sharp.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2004, 02:41 AM »
Oh, I never even thought about those stupid warning stickers.  Hasbro really had their heads up their collective butts on that one - I'm sure the warning could have been done in a way that wouldn't have obscured the card so much.  Now I see the appeal of the Star Cases.   8)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2004, 09:26 AM »
It's more of a nostalgic thing for me so I keep them carded.  If it was not for the high $10 price I would buy multiples in a heartbeat.  Maybe they will go on clearance someday?  Anyway, I'm just going to keep them in the clamshell.   

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2004, 06:11 PM »
I'm in the process of moving so as soon as i can i'll post a pic of them so you can see, i think it's just because the case is clear with nothing on it that makes it look better.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 01:33 AM »
Oh, I never even thought about those stupid warning stickers.  Hasbro really had their heads up their collective butts on that one - I'm sure the warning could have been done in a way that wouldn't have obscured the card so much.  Now I see the appeal of the Star Cases.   8)
More likely they're shrewd and know that many will tear one open and keep one unopened, to get the best of both worlds. And they clean up at $10 a pop.