Author Topic: Get any Star Wars for Christmas??  (Read 5256 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Get any Star Wars for Christmas??
« on: December 26, 2004, 12:42 AM »
Star Wars-wise, my wonderful wife got me:

- OTC Sandcrawler
- VOTC Stormtrooper X2
- Droids DVD
- Ewoks Movies DVD

Anyone else get any SW stuff?

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Get any Star Wars for Christmas??
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 04:35 AM »
Well, my mother came through for me...  1 thing I knew I was getting, while the rest were a surprise when she GOT them but she asked me about them to make sure I needed them...  So not a surprise X-Mas day.

Anyway, she got me the Naboo 4-pack for $17 because all the ones at the store had $16.98 clearance tags, for some reason, and she picked it up (and I argued with the cashier) to get the discount.  Yay me.

My mother also caught me up on POTC though, which she got at the local K-Mart, and made sure I needed them...  Spoiled the surprise, but she didn't wanna give me stuff I had, and just didn't know what i needed.  It was an early surprise. :)  And I hated the wait!

My girlfriend got me the Hot Topics Stormtrooper Helmet & Crossbones T-Shirt...  Love that.

Oh, and my mother also got me 2 of this year's ornaments, however I usually tend to wait on them to get them on sale.  It was nice of her to pick them up...  The main one I was hoping for is still out there though, so I still gotta do the clearance run to the halmark store.

That's my Star Wars haul though, in a nutshell.  More than last year which ammounted to zip.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 10:03 PM »
My girlfriend got me the Hot Topics Stormtrooper Helmet & Crossbones T-Shirt...  Love that.

The grey one? I had to pick that up a few months ago when I saw it, it's great. A friend gave me a black track jacket with that on the back, and a small Star Wars logo on the front of it.

My mom gave me the Hallmark ornaments as well, plus a Star Trek one in there too... I guess she just didn't know the difference.  :-\

That was it for my Star Wars haul this Christmas.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Yeah, the grey one Dave.  It's cool...  I was gonna buy it for myself a while ago but I wanted an XL and they only had L's...  it seems like the sizes are smaller than average to me, I dunno.  So I was SOL on it till my gf and me went shopping for her stuff she needed (I was done already) and she found the last XL they had at this other mall's Hot Topic.  Very cool.

Probably my favorite thing I got I think, actually.  The POTC were nice though...  It feels good to be caught up...  Short lived I feel certain, but caught up nonetheless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:10 AM »
Yep, I got the Sandcrawler and the Sam's Club Millenium Falcon with the 6 figures packaged on top.  The Falcon was a total surpise.  I never even asked for it.  Glad I have it though. 

I wound up finding VOTC C-3PO and Dannik Jericho yesterday.  I had a Toys R Us gift card so both were free as a result.  Glad I did not have to pay my own money for C-3PO but that completed a VOTC set for me. 

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 10:11 AM »
I always get a bunch of SW escept for this year.

I got a DVD recorder, and a compound miter saw for shelves(been borrowing the old man's for 2yrs., so he got tired of it and bought me my own ;^) .

The only SW I got was an AOTC bowl and cup set, and a shopsw gift certificate(I can put that to good use).

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 10:27 AM »
I got the Jawa Sandcrawler and the Holiday Special on DVD  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 06:51 PM »
After trying it on, I found out XL is PLENTY big...  Guess I overestimated.  It's cool though, I dig it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 10:29 PM »
I got a Calendar and that is it I believe.  I didn't really ask for anything though

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Droids DVD, 4 mini-Lego's (didn't have the heart to tell the missus I already have them, she tries so hard, so I'll return the others stealthily).  Can't think of anything else.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 10:57 AM »
Well I'm sure next year Santa will have a lot more Star Wars stuff to choose from to put under the Christmas trees.   :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 12:41 PM »
I forgot I got a Star Wars Calendar too  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 01:53 AM »
I can always count on my brother to provide my crack for my addiction.  2 OTC figs showed up - Jawas and Tusken Raider.  But that's all this year!

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 08:27 AM »
I got the EE Christmas Jawas and VOTC C3PO
Santa got Droids for my son for Christmas...what a hoot to watch those old cartoons again...I think I was in High School the last time I saw them...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 10:33 AM »
Yeah, I got the Droids DVD too - still have quite a few episodes to go!